Rumors and tidbits

Stinger226

Just speculating here, but I wonder if the Bears take a look at Wilfork. Rolle tweeted out a day or 2 ago he'd like to play with him. Bears have obviously been lookin for a big boy. He's old, but still effective, much like Rolle himself.

Wilfork has talked about staying in NE and since him being cut was over money, I suspect he goes back on a low money deal. Some people actually dont care about the money first.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see the urgency for Pot Roast. The Bears have several DLinemen who they have to figure out. The new system means we don't know exactly how well these guys can play specific positions. Some have history in the 3-4, but not all.

Allen, Houston, Washington, Young, Ferguson, Ratliff, Sutton

You're telling me we can't field a front of 3 DL with that group? Even if Houston is moved to OLB?

DE: Allen/Washington

NT: Ratliff/Sutton

DE: Young/Ferguson

May the best man win. The other rotates in. That would be fine with me, especially if it shows Sutton/Ferguson/Washington to be players.

I just don't see the urgency for Pot Roast. The Bears have several DLinemen who they have to figure out. The new system means we don't know exactly how well these guys can play specific positions. Some have history in the 3-4, but not all.

Allen, Houston, Washington, Young, Ferguson, Ratliff, Sutton

You're telling me we can't field a front of 3 DL with that group? Even if Houston is moved to OLB?

DE: Allen/Washington

NT: Ratliff/Sutton

DE: Young/Ferguson

May the best man win. The other rotates in. That would be fine with me, especially if it shows Sutton/Ferguson/Washington to be players.

Allen and Young aren't DEs in a 3-4. Nor is Washington, though he seems like the type of athlete who could perhaps put on weight and MAYBE play the position.

3-4 DEs are basically the 3 technique DTs we always talked about. I can't see Allen or Young lined up inside the tackles and being very successful at all.

Kyle ‏@Ky1eLong 19m19 minutes ago

HEY @KSTiLLS COME TO CHICAGO

Depending on what it takes picks wise, I'd love me some Kenny Stills. One of the best deep threats in all of football. Turning just 23 next month so he's not much older than whatever mid round draft pick I expect them to draft.

If nola is looking for something lower than a 3rd. sign me up.

(Yes I know I've lobbied for Wilson to be the #3, but loves me some Kenny Stills)

Kyle ‏@Ky1eLong 19m19 minutes ago

HEY @KSTiLLS COME TO CHICAGO

Depending on what it takes picks wise, I'd love me some Kenny Stills. One of the best deep threats in all of football. Turning just 23 next month so he's not much older than whatever mid round draft pick I expect them to draft.

If nola is looking for something lower than a 3rd. sign me up.

(Yes I know I've lobbied for Wilson to be the #3, but loves me some Kenny Stills)

That would be great, maybe the Pace connection pays us some dues.

I was reading where Fox said they would be in a 2-4-5 60% of the time, that means if we grab Knighton or draft Shelton they are going to be 2 down players. No way thats happening.

That would be great, maybe the Pace connection pays us some dues.

I was reading where Fox said they would be in a 2-4-5 60% of the time, that means if we grab Knighton or draft Shelton they are going to be 2 down players. No way thats happening.

Then why did they inquire about Knighton, Williams, and visit Shelton twice? Those guys can still play on a 2 man front. In fact it might make sense to have them out there occupying blockers with less guys out there.

Then why did they inquire about Knighton, Williams, and visit Shelton twice? Those guys can still play on a 2 man front. In fact it might make sense to have them out there occupying blockers with less guys out there.

Im just repeating things that I read. We will see what we actually do and then the proof will be in the pudding.

Colts released Trent Richardson???????????????????maybe he actually doesnst suck...kidding

Im just repeating things that I read. We will see what we actually do and then the proof will be in the pudding.

Colts released Trent Richardson???????????????????maybe he actually doesnst suck...kidding

Just read we have 8 mil to spend after the rookie allegation, no more big contracts in the future unless we cut Forte.

Just read we have 8 mil to spend after the rookie allegation, no more big contracts in the future unless we cut Forte.

Or we have room for one more big deal. How many times in the past have we been out of cap room and then signed a guy for 3-5 million annually? It seems like it happens every year. Yet every year, we are in damn good shape in terms of the cap.

That being said, we need depth. Sign guys like Peanut for 1.5 million a pop. We are woefully thin at every position.

Allen and Young aren't DEs in a 3-4. Nor is Washington, though he seems like the type of athlete who could perhaps put on weight and MAYBE play the position.

3-4 DEs are basically the 3 technique DTs we always talked about. I can't see Allen or Young lined up inside the tackles and being very successful at all.

3 technique DTs are known more for their ability to burst into the gap than they are for taking on OL 1 on 1. I can see Allen and Young doing quite well in that role, especially someone like Allen who has a complete pass rushing skill set. Hell, he's only 15-20 pounds away from Henry Melton who was considered great for a few years in Chicago.

3 technique DTs are known more for their ability to burst into the gap than they are for taking on OL 1 on 1. I can see Allen and Young doing quite well in that role, especially someone like Allen who has a complete pass rushing skill set. Hell, he's only 15-20 pounds away from Henry Melton who was considered great for a few years in Chicago.

Ehhh, guys like Allen and especially Young are guys who do much better operating in space utilizing his length. Lined up inside the tackle I think he'd be dreadful. Allen is 6'6" compared to Melton who is 6'3", so the 15-20 pound difference is just not the same.

I'm sure he's gotten stronger since way back when, but Jared Allen only did 13 reps at the combine. Even way back when guys weren't as big and strong as they are now, those 13 reps were bested by everyone but 2 TEs and some corners. Allen doesn't win with power, and I think you have to win with power when you play inside.

There's a reason why Fox has called an OLB.

Or we have room for one more big deal. How many times in the past have we been out of cap room and then signed a guy for 3-5 million annually? It seems like it happens every year. Yet every year, we are in damn good shape in terms of the cap.

That being said, we need depth. Sign guys like Peanut for 1.5 million a pop. We are woefully thin at every position.

I agree we need a couple more CBs, I think we sign one on a low prove it deal. I still think we find one more S, hopefully its Parker,but there are still some names out there. Not out of prospects yet.

Ehhh, guys like Allen and especially Young are guys who do much better operating in space utilizing his length. Lined up inside the tackle I think he'd be dreadful. Allen is 6'6" compared to Melton who is 6'3", so the 15-20 pound difference is just not the same.

I'm sure he's gotten stronger since way back when, but Jared Allen only did 13 reps at the combine. Even way back when guys weren't as big and strong as they are now, those 13 reps were bested by everyone but 2 TEs and some corners. Allen doesn't win with power, and I think you have to win with power when you play inside.

There's a reason why Fox has called an OLB.

I think hes considered an OLB because he would be similar to Freeney and Peppers in that regard who both had to convert to OLB. He may not be as athletic but if used properly he might be able to pull it off.

I agree we need a couple more CBs, I think we sign one on a low prove it deal. I still think we find one more S, hopefully its Parker,but there are still some names out there. Not out of prospects yet.

Ok reported we have 10 mil left : name the 2 or 3 contracts left you would sign.

Ron Parker=3 mil per year

Red Bryant-3 mil per year

Perish Cox-4 mill per year

Also Alex Carrington/DT on a vet min(wont count against cap)

Also Moreno/RB on a vet min

Also Denarius Moore/WR on a vet min

Also Rob Housler/TE on a vet min

YOUR TURN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12474789...-drew-rosenhaus

who's the mystery team for Greg Hardy? Could he play in as a 3-4 DE and if so could the Bears be a team discretely negotiation or is Drew Rosenhaus playing games to run the price up?

Hardy was on the commissioner's exempt list all year and charges were dropped so I don't know how Goodell could suspend him next season?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12474789...-drew-rosenhaus

who's the mystery team for Greg Hardy? Could he play in as a 3-4 DE and if so could the Bears be a team discretely negotiation or is Drew Rosenhaus playing games to run the price up?

Hardy was on the commissioner's exempt list all year and charges were dropped so I don't know how Goodell could suspend him next season?

No thanks. We just gave away one crazy in Brandon Marshall. Why would we bring in another crazy? As per the witnesses police report, "Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me on the couch covered with shot-guns/assault rifles. Hardy bragged that they were loaded." (he later threw her down the stairs at his apartment to let her leave.).

I don't mind players getting arrested, but this arrest indicates a lifestyle similar to Aaron Hernandez.

No thanks. We just gave away one crazy in Brandon Marshall. Why would we bring in another crazy? As per the witnesses police report, "Hardy picked me up over his head and threw me on the couch covered with shot-guns/assault rifles. Hardy bragged that they were loaded." (he later threw her down the stairs at his apartment to let her leave.).

I don't mind players getting arrested, but this arrest indicates a lifestyle similar to Aaron Hernandez.

Rams signed Kenny Britt for 14 mil for two years.

What is wrong with GMs?

didn't know the details of the alleged case against Hardy.

I don't really agree with the brass. But it's hard to deny that given the current numbers for WR's, Marshall is a steal at cap number vs. production alone ignoring the rest.

From a point of view of production BM was one of the top 7 Wrs in the league, but everything is not about on the field. 3 teams dumped him, in all those cases he has been productive. Why do teams keep getting rid of him?

He creates chaos, on a successful team , the atmosphere is better, you overcome it for awhile, but when your losers, he creates chaos. The most important thing to remember, when Pace and Fox were interviewing players, not one supported keeping him around. In the media, some talked him up, but behind closed doors they choose not to keep him. The proof, all of this is true, is they gave him away. You simply cant have a bad atmosphere in a locker room trying to instill a winning attitude from a new coach.

Was Eddie Royal over paid, of course he was. Look at the history of FA the first wave always turns out on the bad side of team money, but its fixing mistakes from drafting and the reality is there lack valve of money to production. He was worth 3 mil per year and he's getting 5. He fills a need, a competent slot WR, a good attitude , he makes this a better team for it but at a cost.