2015 Draft Discusion Thread

scs787

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take my words as a grain of salt from this point on. I am not watching another Bears game unless it is prime time. I swore to myself I would not let myself watch another Jay Cutler let Bears game, plus I am on my 3rd GM I hate in a row. I will root them on from a far, but as a hard core Bears fan I am done. I am moving to casual As a part of the Bearstalk community I will be active.

Not sure why you would say that. You and I have approached our thoughts on Cutler in similar fashion and although I'm not a fan of Cutler's I'm still in it to win it. I can't blame what Pace has to deal with in Cutler mostly due to his contract. And whether he (Pace) had it in the works to trade him away we'll never really know. He seems like a smart kid and will do what's in the teams best interest. Heck he played at Eastern Illinois so he almost is forced to be a Bears fan.

At any rate, I think with Cutler as QB this year, if in fact they decide to stay with him, he'll have no more excuses to be an f-up. Fox is not Trestman and will pull the plug when the time comes (I predict it will be soon in the season).

Believe me when I say that I've thought many times to change my allegiance, especially after Lovie was fired, but realized I bleed Orange and Blue. And despite the last couple years of futility and the lesion remaining, namely Cutler, I'm still convinced the antibiotics known as Pace and Fox will get things on the right track.

Think more after that hangover has worn off. You'll feel better about it.

Not sure why you would say that. You and I have approached our thoughts on Cutler in similar fashion and although I'm not a fan of Cutler's I'm still in it to win it. I can't blame what Pace has to deal with in Cutler mostly due to his contract. And whether he (Pace) had it in the works to trade him away we'll never really know. He seems like a smart kid and will do what's in the teams best interest. Heck he played at Eastern Illinois so he almost is forced to be a Bears fan.

At any rate, I think with Cutler as QB this year, if in fact they decide to stay with him, he'll have no more excuses to be an f-up. Fox is not Trestman and will pull the plug when the time comes (I predict it will be soon in the season).

Believe me when I say that I've thought many times to change my allegiance, especially after Lovie was fired, but realized I bleed Orange and Blue. And despite the last couple years of futility and the lesion remaining, namely Cutler, I'm still convinced the antibiotics known as Pace and Fox will get things on the right track.

Think more after that hangover has worn off. You'll feel better about it.

I wasn't trying to kill the thread, but it wasn't a beer thing, even though it may have been more eloquent if beer wasn't involved. It's more like an ex girlfriend. Stuff just got to the point it was time to leave. You want to see them do good and cheer them on, and love them and the memories. The frustration, not seeing eye to eye, and disappoints gave built for years. Maybe one day if they get themselves straight, you can get back with them, but for now it's time to move on. I've just got to the point of not caring because I feel they will continue to make mistakes.

I'll still be active in the community because I like it here and the people involved. I will still want to see the Bears do good, just won't care if they don't and won't be watching ritualistically.

I wasn't trying to kill the thread, but it wasn't a beer thing, even though it may have been more eloquent if beer wasn't involved. It's more like an ex girlfriend. Stuff just got to the point it was time to leave. You want to see them do good and cheer them on, and love them and the memories. The frustration, not seeing eye to eye, and disappoints gave built for years. Maybe one day if they get themselves straight, you can get back with them, but for now it's time to move on. I've just got to the point of not caring because I feel they will continue to make mistakes.

I'll still be active in the community because I like it here and the people involved. I will still want to see the Bears do good, just won't care if they don't and won't be watching ritualistically.

TD, I am confused though. This entire offseason has been different, and something we have not experienced as Bears fans in a long time. The hiring of Pace was "different", the hiring of Fox fell into our laps and we have potentially the best coaching staff from top to bottom that we ever had (Fox, Gase, Fangio, Donatell, etc). We made some low risk high reward signings with McDonald, Foster, Acho, Rodgers, Montgomery, Jenkins, etc, and filled huge needs with McPhee, Royal, Rolle, and Ball.

Now we head in the draft and get arguably the best player available filling a huge need in White, we lock down a gap in our new 34 front with Goldman, and then get our new Olin Kruetz in Grasu. To me I don't know what more you could ask for as a fan within the limits of reality. What specifically do you have issues with?

TD, I am confused though. This entire offseason has been different, and something we have not experienced as Bears fans in a long time. The hiring of Pace was "different", the hiring of Fox fell into our laps and we have potentially the best coaching staff from top to bottom that we ever had (Fox, Gase, Fangio, Donatell, etc). We made some low risk high reward signings with McDonald, Foster, Acho, Rodgers, Montgomery, Jenkins, etc, and filled huge needs with McPhee, Royal, Rolle, and Ball.

Now we head in the draft and get arguably the best player available filling a huge need in White, we lock down a gap in our new 34 front with Goldman, and then get our new Olin Kruetz in Grasu. To me I don't know what more you could ask for as a fan within the limits of reality. What specifically do you have issues with?

I think we trade back with Carolina and get extra picks. (why) Panthers didnt have a 3 rd pick and go after one of those RBs.

they have extra picks.

I think we trade back with Carolina and get extra picks. (why) Panthers didnt have a 3 rd pick and go after one of those RBs.

they have extra picks.

Damn shame. Could have been a steal for us. UNREAL value where they got him.