Game 1 - Green Bay Game Thread

CrackerDog

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 10 Keys to the Bears winning

1. GB having very little tape on the Bears new O and D (even tho Im sure they just watched Den and San Fran tape)

2. Gase being worthy of all the hype

3. Bears running the ball to set up the pass

4. Cutler doing exactly what he did in the preseason

5. Fangio being a huge upgrade over Tucker

6. A pissed off D that gets after the QB

7. Long dominates at RT

8. Alshon is able to play at a high level

9. Special Teams plays better then last year

10. A little luck, the ball hasn't bounced the Bears way in a long time..... Would love to see our Beloved get a couple of bounces this year

I have no idea what to expect in this game other than to say I expect we'll lose. I just don't know by how much.

Things I'd like to see:

1) Cutler stay within the offense and avoid the big turnover. He showed signs of this throughout the preseason. I'd like to see that continue when it matters, at home where fans love to boo him, and against our biggest rival who is likely to put a lot of pressure on the offense to score points.

2) Kyle Long stopping Peppers cold, and anyone else that comes his way at RT.

3) Defense getting better as the game progresses. New players, very young ones at that, and a new scheme so we all know there will be mistakes made. Can they learn and adjust as the game progresses?

4) Defense making some big plays behind the LOS. Might sound odd to follow #3 with this but I'd like to occasionally see signs that our blitzes, scheme, and/or players occasionally see it and get after it to make the big play. Can anyone get pressure off the edge? Up the middle?

5) Cutler handing off. Cutler handing off. Etc. Might as well start sorting out the running game in week 1. If it's going to be anywhere near respectability that is what will carry this offense this year.

6) Langford running up the middle. He made a good impression on me in the preseason running with more strength than I expected and using that burst to get to the 2nd or 3rd levels quickly. Seeing this will also mean seeing less of Matt Forte. While that might sound like a bad thing I really want the coaches to keep Forte's carries to a reasonable level so we have him available and productive throughout the season. I know Rodgers is #2 but let's give this rookie a few carries too because he could really help us later in the season once he gets acclimated.

I have no idea what to expect in this game other than to say I expect we'll lose. I just don't know by how much.

Things I'd like to see:

1) Cutler stay within the offense and avoid the big turnover. He showed signs of this throughout the preseason. I'd like to see that continue when it matters, at home where fans love to boo him, and against our biggest rival who is likely to put a lot of pressure on the offense to score points.

2) Kyle Long stopping Peppers cold, and anyone else that comes his way at RT.

3) Defense getting better as the game progresses. New players, very young ones at that, and a new scheme so we all know there will be mistakes made. Can they learn and adjust as the game progresses?

4) Defense making some big plays behind the LOS. Might sound odd to follow #3 with this but I'd like to occasionally see signs that our blitzes, scheme, and/or players occasionally see it and get after it to make the big play. Can anyone get pressure off the edge? Up the middle?

5) Cutler handing off. Cutler handing off. Etc. Might as well start sorting out the running game in week 1. If it's going to be anywhere near respectability that is what will carry this offense this year.

6) Langford running up the middle. He made a good impression on me in the preseason running with more strength than I expected and using that burst to get to the 2nd or 3rd levels quickly. Seeing this will also mean seeing less of Matt Forte. While that might sound like a bad thing I really want the coaches to keep Forte's carries to a reasonable level so we have him available and productive throughout the season. I know Rodgers is #2 but let's give this rookie a few carries too because he could really help us later in the season once he gets acclimated.

After reading your post I had another thought that goes along with yours about players progressing during the game. Im hoping to see the Cocahing staff adjust to what the Pack is doing. Half time adjustments.

I read an article were Marty stated that Trestman was so predictable and would not change. He said something along the lines that depending on the down and distance Marty knew what play would be called before the play was sent it in.

Ill try to find it. I said it last year as many others did too, the Bears were way to predictable and in game adjustments did not happen. Im hoping for our sake the poor coaching was a big reason we sucked so bad.

To me it comes down to turnovers and sacks. If we can get pressure on Rodgers and keep it off of Cutler while winning the turnover battle, we will win.

Fangio is 4-0 against GB, and GB is 0-3 in Week 1 games over the past 3 seasons, and now without Nelson.

Bears 27 - Packers 20.

Go Bears!

:bringit

I posted this in the Gase thread too but I think it also belongs here. As to trying to remain positive about this weekend...

We're first and foremost fans on here. So we should be a little pumped going into the season, even if we're a tad unrealistic.

Second, with all of Cutler's problems and the shitty coaching we had here, he still threw for almost 4,000 yards (over 250 per game against GB last season) and that's with sitting out a game, being dinged up, etc. And Forte put up almost 2,000 yard of offense himself! Sure, the OL is still a concern but a creative offense, better D and ST's (and you can't get much worse than what we've seen here the last two years in those categories) and you could see this team be competitive with better field position and ball possession. Losing Marshall isn't going to help here but hopefully Alshon, Marty and Matt all play up to their capabilities and we've got other WR's who can run good routes.

Obviously Jay needs to minimize the mistakes which we'll just have to see if he's capable of doing. The preseason was somewhat promising on this aspect. And being a Bears fan for as long as I have, I remember teams with less talent than this one appears to have still grind it out game after game and be 500ish. With more explosiveness in the passing games than those teams, a defensive genius as DC and a group of RB's we should be able to rotate and keep fresh, you're damn right I'm optimistic.

On Sunday we find out what we've really got in this year's Bears.

By the way, I'm super excited for week 1. You never know what team you really have. After past couple years where we all thought we were good, I'd be okay being on the inverse side this year, thinking we are really bad, only to find out we are actually really good. I'd have been more optimistic if White were healthy, but offensively we have weapons, but our oline is a total work in process. Defensively I'm thrilled where we will go, unfortunately we still are missing a lot of building blocks, but hopefully we'll see Shea, Goldman, Amos, Fuller and Christian Jones take steps forward. That would be huge and allow the front office to focus on adding playmakers and rebuilding the oline (plus of course evaluating and ideally finding a franchise QB).

By the way, I'm super excited for week 1. You never know what team you really have. After past couple years where we all thought we were good, I'd be okay being on the inverse side this year, thinking we are really bad, only to find out we are actually really good. I'd have been more optimistic if White were healthy, but offensively we have weapons, but our oline is a total work in process. Defensively I'm thrilled where we will go, unfortunately we still are missing a lot of building blocks, but hopefully we'll see Shea, Goldman, Amos, Fuller and Christian Jones take steps forward. That would be huge and allow the front office to focus on adding playmakers and rebuilding the oline (plus of course evaluating and ideally finding a franchise QB).

I'm with you. I know we have all been hating on Shea since the day he drafted. Including myself. Mainly because we all knew he didn't fit a 43. But he does fit a 34. So maybe the change allows him to better see things but more importantly in the past he constantly lost contain. Will he do better at it this yr while getting after things?

No love right now: http://www.chicagofootball.com/2015/09/11/...ackers/af0i4bd/

Hub Arkush: Packers 37, Bears 17

Kevin Fishbain: Packers 31, Bears 23

Arthur Arkush: Packers 31 Bears 20

Nate Atkins: Packers 34, Bears 10

I don't see GB putting up 30+ against us, and I don't see us scoring less than 20. GB getting way too much credit without Nelson.

I know he isn't worth a shot but skip bayless says we will pull the upset. The same dude who has been crushing Jay for everything under the sun

Da Coach was also a lone holdout on ESPN. They note he was also the only one to pick them to win against GB in 2013...and he was right then.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/95...k-bears-packers

I am looking forward tomorrow. I just hope our secondary is out of position like the Steelers in Game 1. Mind you getting rid of Major Wright, Chris Conte and Tim Jennings should enable us to have a marked improvement from the last 2 years.

I am looking forward to us kicking the cheese heads arses.

I was listening to ESPN on Friday a thought this like was amusing but it may be offensive to some people so view with discertion.

Green Bay 24 Chicago Bears 31

I am looking forward tomorrow. I just hope our secondary is out of position like the Steelers in Game 1. Mind you getting rid of Major Wright, Chris Conte and Tim Jennings should enable us to have a marked improvement from the last 2 years.

I am looking forward to us kicking the cheese heads arses.

I was listening to ESPN on Friday a thought this like was amusing but it may be offensive to some people so view with discertion.

Green Bay 24 Chicago Bears 31

Nice find, video is hilarious.

NSFW version: