Bears trade Jared Allen to Panthers

DABEARSDABOMB

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't we get a 6th for BM? I thought we should have gotten more for BM. Granted Allen has zero baggage. Im surprised Young wasn't traded, less of a salary cap hit for the receiving team.

Already stated but to add Allen was getting cut next year as well as Houston and Young. Writing was on the wall, at least they get a 6th.

Didn't we get a 6th for BM? I thought we should have gotten more for BM. Granted Allen has zero baggage. Im surprised Young wasn't traded, less of a salary cap hit for the receiving team.

Already stated but to add Allen was getting cut next year as well as Houston and Young. Writing was on the wall, at least they get a 6th.

Wouldn't be so sure on Houston, I think he starts and plays well.

Houston has the best chance to not get cut. Jared Allen and Willie Young are true 4-3 DE's. Houston has better size and skill sets to play OLB then the other two. I figure Pace is going to want HIS guys and will put his stamp on this roster, Houston, Young and Allen were Emery guys.

Anyone else notice Acho got a lot more reps this past weekend??? Then boom Jared Allen is traded.

Houston has the best chance to not get cut. Jared Allen and Willie Young are true 4-3 DE's. Houston has better size and skill sets to play OLB then the other two. I figure Pace is going to want HIS guys and will put his stamp on this roster, Houston, Young and Allen were Emery guys.

Anyone else notice Acho got a lot more reps this past weekend??? Then boom Jared Allen is traded.

Yes, Acho was in on quite a few plays against Seattle. Plus Acho is on all special teams. With Allen's lack of production and high salary making this trade is an excellent deal. Anything allen provided we will likely get back with Willie Young, and Houston, as they get healthier.

This is not the kind of a deal that makes our team better now but when looking at the future this is a very good deal. I'm amazed anyone would take on Allen's high salary but Pace pulled it off and now I'm looking forward to a very active offseason.

Yes, Acho was in on quite a few plays against Seattle. Plus Acho is on all special teams. With Allen's lack of production and high salary making this trade is an excellent deal. Anything allen provided we will likely get back with Willie Young, and Houston, as they get healthier.

This is not the kind of a deal that makes our team better now but when looking at the future this is a very good deal. I'm amazed anyone would take on Allen's high salary but Pace pulled it off and now I'm looking forward to a very active offseason.

I just read the Bears will pay everything but 800,000 of this years salary.

It's been stated on many different platforms but BM wasn't so much a "trade" as it was more a "pure dump".

I look forward to Houston getting more reps. He excelled playing this position with the Raiders and is still young. This is a good move. Creates more opportunities for Houston and gets us back a pick while letting Allen go play for a contender late in his career.

I just read the Bears will pay everything but 800,000 of this years salary.

That explains a lot, would have liked more cap room this year. I still like the deal, we got a pick for a guy that is not part of our long term future. I assume Pace feels the pick is worth more than the cap room this year.

On the one hand I think it's too bad that we had to lose another iconic player. And one that chose us over going to Seattle. If only he'd have chosen them he'd have had a SB ring by now. I think he chose Chicago for mostly personal reasons.

But on the other hand I'm way glad they were able to make a reasonable deal for him. I like Acho a lot more in the position. You have to think there wasn't much left from Jared. He Wasnt voted a team captain which kinda surprised me. What with being with the team last year you would've thought he'd have been a majority choice. He unfortunately hasn't had much luck playing on very good teams over his career. Maybe thing will go better for him in Carolina. Bear Trap if you're reading this please wish he and his family all our best. And thank him for stopping by Chicago on his way to the HOF.

Offensively I can't imagine many guys, unless we were going to move Forte & Bushrod and that is more because we don't see them as long-term building blocks (given combination of age and health issues). Defensively Ratliff and Young would presumably have some interest, not sure who else? Am I missing someone?

I suppose another team could think Bostic has value but I have no idea why? Either way, outside of Forte, we aren't talking about anything other then 6th / 7th at best (if not conditional 6th / 7th round picks).

On the one hand I think it's too bad that we had to lose anothe iconic player. And one that chose us over going to Seattle. If only he'd have chosen them he'd have had a SB ring by now. I think he chose Chicago for mostly personal reasons.

But on the other hand I'm way glad they were able to make a reasonable deal for him. I like Acho a lot more in the position. You have to think there wasn't much left from Jared. He Wasnt voted a team captain which kinda surprised me. What with being with the team last year you would've thought he'd have been a majority choice. He unfortunately hasn't had much luck playing on very good teams over his career. Maybe thing will go better for him in Carolina. Bear Trap if you're reading this please wish he and his family all our best. And thank him for stopping by Chicago.

I think Allen handled his time with the Bears with class. I think the world of Allen and he was a heck of a player. I wish it worked better in Chicago and hope he can help the Panthers. I am glad the Bears were able to get him to a contender (evidently he gave the Bears a list of 4 teams and we were able to get things to work out in his favor).

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@diannaESPN 15m15 minutes ago

I'm told Jared Allen is 1st of a few trades Bears will make, they're looking to unload players that don't fit their scheme from prior regime

Interesting; Pace basically said after the Khari Lee deal he has time and ways to get that 6th round pick back. I do not see Forte moving unless we get more than we think through a compensation pick. He will hit the open market and may get us a 4th or 5th in return. There is only one player left I see and thought would have been traded is Willie Young. I was thinking Carolina for him. I luv Young, but he isn't a natural fit and should have value.