Gase to Miami, 5 yrs

scs787

He's said as much. That they have a "system" that not one person is responsible for (or similar words). The only concern I have is how Jay will interact with whomever takes over for Gase.

Many didnt think Cutler could or would ever do it. He did it he can do it again. The best part about it he did it with a crap oline and a limited amount of weapons. Hopefully the QB coach Cutler loves stays, helping with the OC change.

If Im Pace

I upgrade the Oline, sign one in FA and draft one.

I tag or resign Alshon

I pray White is as good as advertised.

Those three things happen and its lights out!

Thinking out loud: Gase is hired in Cleveland, laying the ground work for a trade of Cutler to Cleveland for a 2nd & 3rd this year, a 1st next year, and Manziel/McCown.

I dont think it would happen but you bring up an interesting idea. Gase goes somewhere they need a QB, trades for Cutler.....We do draft 11th, QB could be there for the taking. You at that point have 16 million more in cap space to sign a stud FA.

Thinking out loud: Gase is hired in Cleveland, laying the ground work for a trade of Cutler to Cleveland for a 2nd & 3rd this year, a 1st next year, and Manziel/McCown.

I like a lot of the idea minus the McCown/Manziel pieces. Yes I am a fan of McCowns but I think he was a 'one trick pony' in Treatmans offense. Where Manziel is a plain ass clown. Don't need his distractions. He's better going off to Dallas.

Perhaps a deal could be made with one or two of their better defensive players? That is should Cutler be considered in a trade.

It comes with the territory of have a quality coaching staff that includes guys who have aspirations and potential to make the jump to HC. When was the last time other teams were reaching out to our coaching staff for their teams coaching needs. Pace and Fox et all knew this when they assembled the staff that we may lose Gase or even Fangio but unlike Bears management past the Bears took the risk and hired quality coaches rather than the crud rejects that no one else would want that couldn't tell the difference between their arse and a whole in the ground. I do hope we keep our staff in place and that Gase stays. I would very much like to see what year 2 in this system with a healthy roster, and added talent. Jay has had is best season as a Bears QB at a point in his career where many of us, myself included wished last season we could rid ourselves of him. Keeping Gase gives us the opportunity to see this offense take the next step. So I am hoping the Bears make every effort to keep him, but if he does leave I am confident that the Bears have a plan and have been keeping an eye out for potential replacements to maintain the quality of coaching.

This isn't the same management/ownership who would rather promote the water boy to save money than pursue coaches who can actually make the team better. The culture has changed here. And while not ideal to have Jay work with yet another offensive coordinator, I think he is confident in the ownership and current staff to know that they will bring someone good in and that the Bears are building towards something.

Ain't NOBODY giving up 3 early round picks for Jay Cutler. This year's picks, next years, any firkin years.

Isn't there something that allows you (as a team) ask for some compensation for hiring one of your coaches currently under contract? I seem to recall that happening somewhere before. As a package deal it might be more realistic. Probably still not that many picks but still a future commodity of some sort.

Isn't there something that allows you (as a team) ask for some compensation for hiring one of your coaches currently under contract? I seem to recall that happening somewhere before. As a package deal it might be more realistic. Probably still not that many picks but still a future commodity of some sort.

That only works for head coaches (if at all), not for an OC getting a promotion to head coach.

I feel bad for Gase. The worst job openings have him as top candidate. Neither Philly nor Miami have their front office act together and that's a big problem IMO when the HC is being hired first. Gase might think it helps him have more control but I feel it's a recipe for disaster once egos collide. The fact both teams have come out so quickly and publicly going after him indicates just that kind of mess in the front office. These are meddling owners who want the hot young candidate to sell optimism to their fans. I wish him well.

I'm so glad the Bears did it the right way last year and while we were a bit slow and some names rolled off the availability list it paid off. I watched Fox and Pace at the season end press conference. It was clear they are both on the same page as far as what needs to be done to improve things. The flip side of the Gase show was reporters asking Fox what happens if we lose Gase. Fox nonchalantly says (paraphrasing) "look, our systems are our systems. They don't leave or change when one guy goes out the door." Pace backed him up 100% stating that while they wish Gase best of luck, their job is to hire the best coaches and there are other quality coaches available. Translation, we have a plan in place and Fox is not worried one bit, Pace is right there in his corner.

I feel bad for Gase. The worst job openings have him as top candidate. Neither Philly nor Miami have their front office act together and that's a big problem IMO when the HC is being hired first. Gase might think it helps him have more control but I feel it's a recipe for disaster once egos collide. The fact both teams have come out so quickly and publicly going after him indicates just that kind of mess in the front office. These are meddling owners who want the hot young candidate to sell optimism to their fans. I wish him well.

I'm so glad the Bears did it the right way last year and while we were a bit slow and some names rolled off the availability list it paid off. I watched Fox and Pace at the season end press conference. It was clear they are both on the same page as far as what needs to be done to improve things. The flip side of the Gase show was reporters asking Fox what happens if we lose Gase. Fox nonchalantly says (paraphrasing) "look, our systems are our systems. They don't leave or change when one guy goes out the door." Pace backed him up 100% stating that while they wish Gase best of luck, their job is to hire the best coaches and there are other quality coaches available. Translation, we have a plan in place and Fox is not worried one bit, Pace is right there in his corner.

Philly is a really good organization, so I see no reason why I wouldn't take that job. Stable ownership group, history of patience with its coaches (yes Chip was ousted but their were other circumstances there). Good place to be. That said, existing talent is low (especially lack of an impact QB). I thought Gase was also going to be interviewing for Giants.

While I agree Miami ownership / front office has issues, they do have a QB who at least has talent (not sure if I buy into him but it is better than a lot of franchises). I had heard Miami was leaning towards Mora Jr but not sure if Mora would take it.

Do agree with your points on the front office though and it worked in the Bears favor. I wonder if the Giants end up giving Lovie a call.

A lot of mixed reports coming out...

The latest is no coach is set up for a second interview yet in Philly. They did like what they saw in Gase and still could offer him the job, but nothing has been decided yet.

Yeah, it looks like that could mean he has accepted the Miami or Cleveland job.

I don't understand why anyone would want him at a HC at this point. Last year, the only team that wanted him was San Fran and they went with Tomsula instead.

Then he comes to the Bears and leads a sputtering offense based on the run game. I'm not saying he is a bad coach, I just don't understand why he would be a hot commodity. I don't think He will get a HC'ing gig anytime soon.

I don't understand why anyone would want him at a HC at this point. Last year, the only team that wanted him was San Fran and they went with Tomsula instead.

Then he comes to the Bears and leads a sputtering offense based on the run game. I'm not saying he is a bad coach, I just don't understand why he would be a hot commodity. I don't think He will get a HC'ing gig anytime soon.

It sounds like he has at least one offer already, possibly two. Last year I thought he interviewed quite a few places (wasn't just San Fran).

It sounds like he has at least one offer already, possibly two. Last year I thought he interviewed quite a few places (wasn't just San Fran).

He interviewed a lot, but the only offer he got was with San Fran, it was under the condition of keeping Tomsula as DC and leting Fangio go and he turned it down. It was one of the later jobs fielded, and there really wasn't another HC gig open at that point.

Like I said, I'm not calling him a bad coach. I just don't understand why he is a hot commodity coming from a system that was basically ran by manning and following it up with a lackluster year on offense for the Bears. I know there can be reasons made for why they were bad this year, but there are a lot more coaches with more proven track record out there. I just don't understand why he is HC qualified I guess.

He interviewed a lot, but the only offer he got was with San Fran, it was under the condition of keeping Tomsula as DC and leting Fangio go and he turned it down. It was one of the later jobs fielded, and there really wasn't another HC gig open at that point. Like I said, I'm not calling him a bad coach. I just don't understand why he is a hot commodity coming from a system that was basically ran by manning and following it up with a lackluster year on offense for the Bears. I know there can be reasons made for why they were bad this year, but there are a lot more coaches with more proven track record out there. I just don't understand why he is HC qualified I guess.

I'm with you, not sure why he'd be one of the hottest candidates, or maybe the hottest. He's only been an OC for 3 years, one of which was very average. If Gase leaves I wish him well. Right now word is he is getting his 2nd interview with Miami.