Gase to Miami, 5 yrs

scs787

Yep, he gone, 5 yrs to Miami. Was expected after they stopped all further interviews and Gase cancelled all 2nd interviews with other teams.

Besides for the location (which may be under water in 20 years), I don't know if that team is the right fit for him. They were sort of dysfunctional and I thought they needed a stronger hand, but I guess we will see. It will be curious to see who he brings in as his OC and DC.

Yep, he gone, 5 yrs to Miami. Was expected after they stopped all further interviews and Gase cancelled all 2nd interviews with other teams.

Besides for the location (which may be under water in 20 years), I don't know if that team is the right fit for him. They were sort of dysfunctional and I thought they needed a stronger hand, but I guess we will see. It will be curious to see who he brings in as his OC and DC.

It is all good for being quick, now it gives up more time to reel in a new guy.

And inherit the 6yr $95M contract from a guy that probably isn't as good as Cutler to begin with? No thanks.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/46906...ture-marino-way

Who are you kidding ..."probably not as good to begin with..."? He's almost as bad and has an equally bad contract. I was more saying it ... Just because.

Good luck to Gase. I'm with TD and a few others I have concerns with how effective he'll be there. I get a Trestman like vibe from him.

Who are you kidding ..."probably not as too to begin with..."? He's almost as bad and has an equally bad contract. I was more saying it ... Just because.

Good luck to Gase. I'm with TD and a few others I have concerns with how effective he'll be there. I get a Trestman like vibe from him.

I don't think he will do as good as a HC than as a OC. Especially in Miami. Too dysfunctional.

Who are you kidding ..."probably not as good to begin with..."? He's almost as bad and has an equally bad contract. I was more saying it ... Just because.

Honestly, he may be a good HC. I just don't understand the interest in him. He didn't impress me as an OC given that he worked with Manning and the Bears lackluster offense this year. Manning basically runs his own offense. His connections is his big draw I guess. He has worked under a very impressing coaching list. He just hasn't shown why he would be such a hot commodity to me, but I guess I'm not in the behind the scenes NFL know. To me, Fangio would be the coordinator from the Bears I would be drooling over to be a HC. I also don't understand them bringing in a HC before a GM.

I do think Tannehill can be a top 10 QB with some good direction, and even this year his stats would have been a dream line for cutler with over 4k yards and a 2:1 TD to int ratio. We have never had a season with either with Cutler.I think Gase has some talent to work with and I'd like to see him turn the team around. They have just been making bad coaching decisions for years, and hope they didn't again.

Honestly, he may be a good HC. I just don't understand the interest in him. He didn't impress me as an OC given that he worked with Manning and the Bears lackluster offense this year. Manning basically runs his own offense. His connections is his big draw I guess. He has worked under a very impressing coaching list. He just hasn't shown why he would be such a hot commodity to me, but I guess I'm not in the behind the scenes NFL know. To me, Fangio would be the coordinator from the Bears I would be drooling over to be a HC. I also don't understand them bringing in a HC before a GM.

I do think Tannehill can be a top 10 QB with some good direction, and even this year his stats would have been a dream line for cutler with over 4k yards and a 2:1 TD to int ratio. We have never had a season with either with Cutler.I think Gase has some talent to work with and I'd like to see him turn the team around. They have just been making bad coaching decisions for years, and hope they didn't again.

Speaking of coaches worthy of HC consideration, what about Dave Toub? Has there been a coach over the last 10+ years that turned out more excellent product on the field? Look how the tone was set in Houston yesterday. The NFL is all about the next hot candidate, while the Bruce Arians of the world wait too long...

I was surprised to see that Miami gave Gase final say in personnel decisions

That is something usually reserved for highly successful & experienced Head Coaches.

That I find to be a stunning decision and one that validates the disfunction in that organization IMO. Gase has never been a HC before. With all the new job responsibilities he has to learn what could possibly convince an owner that he can also handle personnel decisions? We've seen some outstanding experienced head coaches like Mike Holmgren fail under that mantle.

I believe Miami has hired their new "GM" when they promoted a guy from within the organization.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14495393...general-manager

This isn't the best quote you can find from a guy who is an executive decision maker:

"I think, in this league, you can have your philosophy and how you think you should build your team, but at the end of the day, you have to be flexible in your thinking and work with what wins in the league."

I'm sure he's a talented guy but that "flexibility" to bend to what other people want is why he was promoted to this role because....

...Gase and Grier still have to deal with Mike Tannenbaum.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-...23-345d822a1cff

Then clearly Tannenbaum is running the show in Miami, or is he? The GM is basically the top scout running both the pro and college scouting departments. It appears Gase reports directly to the owner but he has control over the final roster decisions so that leaves Tannenbaum where as far as personnel?

I wish Gase well but the day he makes a big decision Tannenbaum doesn't agree with he'll soon learn that Tannenbaum relayed that bit of information privately to the owner. Then the owner is running the show but Tannenbaum is what...his confidant? I don't think this group (Gase, Tannenbaum, Grier) makes it past 3 years together.