I'm all in on Nkedmiche

DABEARSDABOMB

Went back and watched some of his film, dude can play. He's an athlete and when I read more about his off-the field issues, the bigger concerns are of him just being a unique spirit, not being a guy with a major issue. He did have one huge mistake, but he's a massive man who is immensley athletic. I'm not advocating taking him @ 11, but I am advocating him as a no brainer in the 2nd round (if he is there) and I'd go as far as saying I'd be willing to either move down later in the 1st (to get him) or move up from the 2nd to get him.

This is a guy who could be a true game changer on this defense (something we sorely need and lack). If he busts, oh well, shoot for the great is what I say!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15159447...mdic-nfl-future

Thought the above was a good article / spin for those who advocate drafting him. Draft reports would make you think dude is some criminal or something. By all accounts his teammates loved him and he seems like a unique, but talented guy who has a good heart. Below is something that stood out about his football accumen:

Nkemdiche wishes scouts would ask him actual football questions. When one team did ask, he rose to the whiteboard and drew defensive assignments for every position, even the secondary. "Very smart, football-wise," says a scout who witnessed it. Nkemdiche wishes scouts would ask about his impact. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze has made it clear that he turned around the program. Nkemdiche wishes scouts would ask him about the Alabama game from September. He played 101 snaps and was so unstoppable that he not only won national defensive player of the week but also recorded half a sack on a play in which defensive coordinator Dave Wommack says he wasn't even supposed to rush the passer. Nkemdiche recognized the play from film study and put a spin move on his opponent, a juke perfected by hundreds of hours with defensive line coach Chris Kiffin. "You don't see many players like that in your career," says Wommack, now in his 36th year of coaching.

Bottom line, I think everyone on the planet overanalyzes the negatives heading into a draft and they are completely ignoring the fact that this guy is a top 5 talent who was a great teammate, doesn't have major legal issues (yes he had a dumb incident but it was an incident that only impacted him...never impacted anyone else).

Went back and watched some of his film, dude can play. He's an athlete and when I read more about his off-the field issues, the bigger concerns are of him just being a unique spirit, not being a guy with a major issue. He did have one huge mistake, but he's a massive man who is immensley athletic. I'm not advocating taking him @ 11, but I am advocating him as a no brainer in the 2nd round (if he is there) and I'd go as far as saying I'd be willing to either move down later in the 1st (to get him) or move up from the 2nd to get him.

This is a guy who could be a true game changer on this defense (something we sorely need and lack). If he busts, oh well, shoot for the great is what I say!!!

Thought the above was a good article / spin for those who advocate drafting him. Draft reports would make you think dude is some criminal or something. By all accounts his teammates loved him and he seems like a unique, but talented guy who has a good heart. Below is something that stood out about his football accumen:

Bottom line, I think everyone on the planet overanalyzes the negatives heading into a draft and they are completely ignoring the fact that this guy is a top 5 talent who was a great teammate, doesn't have major legal issues (yes he had a dumb incident but it was an incident that only impacted him...never impacted anyone else).

You cant count me in on him as well. If he fell to the 2nd I would love getting him there. Almost a repeat of last year getting Goldman in the second, projected 1st rounder in the 2nd.

It's not the free spirit aspect that bothers me, it's more the guy who admits he just takes plays off too often. I don't think that free spirit is the guy who loves football. If he played the game with the passion Bosa does then he'd be a top 5 pick.

We can then hope his pet panther doesn't eat him...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...one-more-thing/

Robert Nkemdiche wants a pet panther because what’s one more thing

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 18, 2016, 10:38 AM EDT

NEW YORK - MAY 17: A panther and the animal's handler at the CW Network Upfront at Madison Square Garden on May 17, 2006 in New York City. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Getty Images)

Getty Images

As it turns out, Robert Nkemdiche has more to explain to teams besides, you know, that whole defenestration thing.

The Ole Miss defensive tackle, who has already fallen out a fourth floor hotel window, lived and been charged with possession of marijuana because “no one wanted to take the fall” now wants to add another curious line to his resume.

He wants to buy a panther. Not the Carolina kind, the jungle cat, which can, of course, eat people.

In an extensive profile of one of the draft’s biggest conundrums, ESPN’s Seth Wickersham suggested to Nkemdiche that perhaps that’s a little crazy.

“No, it’s not. They’re like cats,” Nkemdiche said. “If someone comes over and is scared, I’ll put the panther away.”

Some NFL teams are scared of Nkemdiche, who can scare opposing offenses as well. He’s an extremely talented interior lineman, who has impressed with his athleticism. But he comes with plenty of questions, from the role of his brother in his life to what led to falling out the window (he said he was merely drunk, as if that makes hurtling through double-paned glass less nutty).

The profile paints a picture of Nkemdiche as an open-minded seeker of wisdom, or the kind of loose screw which process-obsessed NFL types try to avoid. It mentions that one team’s scout report said “He thinks he’s a philosopher,” and that wasn’t construed as a positive.

He can clearly play at the pro level, but teams are going to have to know they’re taking on a unique individual, and perhaps the zoo he’s bringing with him.

I'm torn. On one hand, I see him do some great things. And I think he's better suited to DE in a 3-4 - he played a lot of DT in college and seemed to get tied up inside a lot. On the other hand, you can actually see him taking plays off when you watch the tape or giving up on plays earlier than he should.

My other major concern is his ability to find the ball. Too often, it seems like his plan is "go forward and beat my man" without any concern for what type of play is being run, where the ball is going, or what a player in his position should be doing from a team defense perspective. He'll blow by his man and just kind of expect the ball to be in front of him, and the RB will be running past him. I assume he's been taught how to recognize run/pass and locate the ball and I'm worried it won't take and/or he just doesn't care. Because if he doesn't learn that stuff, his physical talent is not going to do him that much good.

He is a complete boom or bust. I'll take Him in the 2nd in a heart beat. I don't care if he's a lot nutty, as long as he harnesses his inner Hampton or McMichael. Those dudes were nuts, but football players...

I think that's how we all feel. The thing is, how early do you draft him? For the Bears, #11 is WAY too early. If I'm Denver at #31, that's a nice get. The back end of the first round or the start of the 2nd seems appropriate. Unless there's a trade, the Bears won't be in range.

Is Nkemdiche any different than Gregory last year? Gregory was a 1st round talent, even in some mock draft's top 10 for a bit, then fell all the way to pick #60 in the 2nd round. What did Dallas get out of him? 7 tackles last year and a 4-game ban to start 2016.

I just don't see Pace taking any high risk guys like this or injury risks.

Is Nkemdiche any different than Gregory last year? Gregory was a 1st round talent, even in some mock draft's top 10 for a bit, then fell all the way to pick #60 in the 2nd round. What did Dallas get out of him? 7 tackles last year and a 4-game ban to start 2016.

I just don't see Pace taking any high risk guys like this or injury risks.

I think Gregory is different. Gregory had reports of being hours late for meetings with teams before the draft and then not giving a damn about it...as in no apology. He was/is very arrogant and selfish and lived his life that way. I haven't seen signs of Nkemdiche being that way but when he talks he is clearly his own man and not worried much about impact on other people but I don't think he is disrespectful in the way that Gregory is. That can be good or bad depending on what Nkemdiche chooses to do in his life.

I'd say there are some similarities to Martellus Bennett but Bennett might be the more selfish player (i.e. throw me the ball in the red zone).

I think Gregory is different. Gregory had reports of being hours late for meetings with teams before the draft and then not giving a damn about it...as in no apology. He was/is very arrogant and selfish and lived his life that way. I haven't seen signs of Nkemdiche being that way but when he talks he is clearly his own man and not worried much about impact on other people but I don't think he is disrespectful in the way that Gregory is. That can be good or bad depending on what Nkemdiche chooses to do in his life.

I'd say there are some similarities to Martellus Bennett but Bennett might be the more selfish player (i.e. throw me the ball in the red zone).

I think two aspects that are underrated are good work ethic and the love of football. Usual these types are underrated because of their measurable but are productive players.

I dont remember the name of the Penn State DE that was a good player but didnt have the desire to play football and turned out to be a first round bust for us. (anybody remember his name)

I have no problem if just a eccentric or nut job type if he has those two characteristics . Out right criminals dont bother me if not felonies or physical abusers. DUIs or marijuana charges , just mean they make bad judgement calls, as long as they dont have bad histories of abuse.

The Marshall's and Bennett's are people you could live with as long as they dont drag the team down. They usually wear out there welcome and move around a lot , like they did hear.

I think two aspects that are underrated are good work ethic and the love of football. Usual these types are underrated because of their measurable but are productive players.

I dont remember the name of the Penn State DE that was a good player but didnt have the desire to play football and turned out to be a first round bust for us. (anybody remember his name)

I have no problem if just a eccentric or nut job type if he has those two characteristics . Out right criminals dont bother me if not felonies or physical abusers. DUIs or marijuana charges , just mean they make bad judgement calls, as long as they dont have bad histories of abuse.

The Marshall's and Bennett's are people you could live with as long as they dont drag the team down. They usually wear out there welcome and move around a lot , like they did hear.

Michael Haynes- also drafted Sexy Rexy that year when they traded back from the 4th spot