14 members have voted

1. 1. What's your QB choice?

• Keep Cutler for $12.5M
    • Sign Glennon for $12.5M
    • Sign Hoyer for $5M-$8M
    • Draft a 1st rd rookie and start him over Shaw
    • Draft a mid rd rookie and make it an open competition
    • A different QB at a different price

All this Glennon talk is disturbing. No way he's worth that kind of money. Cutler's better. Hoyer's better.

I'd much rather save the money and build everywhere else. Sign Hoyer, pay him less, get the same production as Glennon, and use the surplus to fill holes.

All this Glennon talk is disturbing. No way he's worth that kind of money. Cutler's better. Hoyer's better.

I'd much rather save the money and build everywhere else. Sign Hoyer, pay him less, get the same production as Glennon, and use the surplus to fill holes.

I'm with you and I hope Pace lives up to the talk in interviews about taking a long-term view. IMdO, Glennon would be just as bad as the breaking the bank deal for Cutler. There are many smarter ways to go than overpaying Glennon.

I want Hoyer back to bridge the gap for a 1st round draft pick. If Kizer or Mahommes can be had in RD2, I can go with that also. I do not want a long term project QB with were we are at with the QB situation now. Prospects like Webb/Peterman work if you have 2 years to see if they develop, we do not have that luxury imo.

Why the hell wouldn't they just go after Tyrod Taylor?? He's a much better player than Glennon! Whatever they do, they must draft a QB in the 1st 2 rounds. I'm a fan of Kizer and Watson.

Tyrod Taylor scares me. Virtually no Bills fan wants to keep him, and his stats don't jump off the page. He looks like an average or poor passer who takes off and runs more than most teams would like. The Bears need to move into the current century and invest in an offense that maximizes on passing-friendly rules. That means picking up a pocket-passer and protecting him with an offensive line that allows him to feel comfortable in the pocket.

We can only choose 1 option but my choice would have been to re-sign Hoyer and draft Trubisky at #3.

As a QB Glennon is a better option than Hoyer because he can throw to all levels of the field. Is he $5mil better? That I don't know about. I'm just hoping if we go this route that we don't kill ourselves by committing big guaranteed money like we did with the Cutler deal.

Anything less than $15mil/yr is lower than all NFL starting QBs except those still on their rookie contracts, or the 25th highest paid starter in the league. It is still a lot to pay for a guy who has never proven he can handle the role.

We can only choose 1 option but my choice would have been to re-sign Hoyer and draft Trubisky at #3.

As a QB Glennon is a better option than Hoyer because he can throw to all levels of the field. Is he $5mil better? That I don't know about. I'm just hoping if we go this route that we don't kill ourselves by committing big guaranteed money like we did with the Cutler deal.

I dont think Glennon is 5 mil better than Hoyer but on Bears all access, Miller was talking about he has enough upside to actually become a competent starting QB. So do we roll the dice, grab him and still draft a prospect and see who ends up better.We are the only ones after his services so if we give him a 3 year 32 mil contract, who that be a bad thing?

Why the hell wouldn't they just go after Tyrod Taylor?? He's a much better player than Glennon! Whatever they do, they must draft a QB in the 1st 2 rounds. I'm a fan of Kizer and Watson.

Taylor has not been released yet, so its hard to fit him in a conversation until he is let go.

I'm starting to (kind of) come around on the Glennon strategy, or at least I think I get it, even if I don't yet really like it. We know you are nowhere in this league without a quality starting QB. We know neither Cutler or Hoyer are quality starting QBs at this point. Glennon is the one QB available you can make an argument could still prove to be a quality starting QB. If the Bears overpay for Glennon and draft a QB, they are giving themselves two shots instead of one a solving the problem they need to solve to be good. That seems worth a slight overpay for Glennon.

I'm starting to (kind of) come around on the Glennon strategy, or at least I think I get it, even if I don't yet really like it. We know you are nowhere in this league without a quality starting QB. We know neither Cutler or Hoyer are quality starting QBs at this point. Glennon is the one QB available you can make an argument could still prove to be a quality starting QB. If the Bears overpay for Glennon and draft a QB, they are giving themselves two shots instead of one a solving the problem they need to solve to be good. That seems worth a slight overpay for Glennon.

I agree, if it ends up costing us 18 mil this year for cost of a QB and a rookie, to have two shots of upside is better than wandering around in wonderland any more.

The only way I'll like this is if they draft a QB this year. There are way too many unknowns with Glennon to consider him "starter" quality. The guy hasn't even played for a few years and there don't appear to be anyone else after his services. We'll definitely need other options besides Shaw.

The only way I'll like this is if they draft a QB this year. There are way too many unknowns with Glennon to consider him "starter" quality. The guy hasn't even played for a few years and there don't appear to be anyone else after his services. We'll definitely need other options besides Shaw.

65401766.jpg

So there is not unknowns with a rookie QB that most experts say in the worst class for drafting a QB in several years?

So there is not unknowns with a rookie QB that most experts say in the worst class for drafting a QB in several years?

Oh, what the hell. Keep Cutler, pay him the 15mil and let him know that he loses $ with every turnover. And let Long be the enforcer! LOL

I think the better alternative (IMHO) would be to try and keep Hoyer AND draft a rookie QB. With Hoyer you have the known of not only how he'll perform while in Chicago but has worked with Loggains system more than just in Chicago. And he could be had for virtually the same deal (or better) than Glennon.

When I speak of unknowns, I'm comparing Glennon with Hoyer and either being in Chicago. Not a rookie.

x- None of the above...

I think Glennon appears to be set.

Assuming that, my hope is Glennon is the starter this year, we draft a potential future QB in the higher rounds and sit and groom him for a year. If Glennon lights it up, then well HOT DAMN! We got stupid lucky. Then we hold the other QB and wait for offers... If not, we start the new QB the season after.

I'm tired of falling in love with the backup journeyman Bears quarterback! That is Hoyer. Does everyone remember what was said when Josh McCown left for Tampa?He is heading to Dallas to visit and become the veteran caddie to Prescott.That's his 3rd team since leaving here! That's what journeymen do and Hoyer for all his careful low turnover play didn't convert red zone trips into touchdowns.

This is the boldest move this team has made since acquiring Doug Flutie back in the 80's and spending a number 1 pick on Jim Harbaugh when they didn't need a QB in 87.

I also want a quarterback drafted no later than round 3 regardless of Glennon being here or not and it will be clear he will not be expected to play on day 1 and can develop the right way.

Potential QB depth chart

Glennon

Shaw

Draft pick

We went 3-13 with Cutler, Hoyer, Shaw, Barkley and Fales.Lets hit the restart button.

right there w/ ya...

I'm tired of falling in love with the backup journeyman Bears quarterback! That is Hoyer. Does everyone remember what was said when Josh McCown left for Tampa?He is heading to Dallas to visit and become the veteran caddie to Prescott.That's his 3rd team since leaving here! That's what journeymen do and Hoyer for all his careful low turnover play didn't convert red zone trips into touchdowns.

This is the boldest move this team has made since acquiring Doug Flutie back in the 80's and spending a number 1 pick on Jim Harbaugh when they didn't need a QB in 87.

I also want a quarterback drafted no later than round 3 regardless of Glennon being here or not and it will be clear he will not be expected to play on day 1 and can develop the right way.

Potential QB depth chart

Glennon

Shaw

Draft pick

We went 3-13 with Cutler, Hoyer, Shaw, Barkley and Fales.Lets hit the restart button.

Potential QB depth chart

Glennon

Shaw

Draft pick

I don't think this is about settling on the journeyman backup. It's certainly not about falling in love with him. (Not for me anyhow). Hoyer just made the most sense since he was here last year and had worked with Loggains before. I think the majority agree that a QB needs to be drafted. The question is whomever that is; whether drafted earlier or later, probably won't be ready to start. Thus the discussion of having a veteran in place for the "bridge" to whenever that rookie is ready to play.

Personally I'd like to see 3-4 QB in an open competition for the starting position. Whether it's Glennon at this point, Shaw, Barkley and a draft pick I just want the best that will come from that . Glennon should not be guaranteed the job if he signs.