Adrian Peterson

jason

I don't know how much Cap the Bears have left, but I assume it's enough to make a push for Peterson. The way I figure it, why not?

He doesn't seem to be getting the interest expected, which means the cost will be lower than anticipated. He's a perfect "complimentary" back, which sounds ridiculous to say. Truth is, the Bears should be running way more than passing this year, so it makes sense to create a two-headed monster in Howard and Peterson. The added benefit is it obviously extends the usefulness of each RB because the lessened burden. And the cherry on top? Adrian Peterson would get to shove it to his former team who didn't want to keep him around.

If I were Pace I'd kick the tires and see what he's asking for. I would sell him on the idea of proving the Vikings wrong TWICE a year.

Peterson thought he'd be in demand and may have felt he could garner a starting job for at least $8 if not $10mil. When we see guys like Eddie Lacy pickup $5mil then clearly there has to be a big gap between that contract and what AP wants. I'm sure he also thinks of himself as a starter in the league. Having been a superstar for a decade I imagine it takes quite some time to come down from that plateau. There is still a lot of money available so I'm not sure he's lowered his expectations too much yet.

Even if he does, I still want Howard to our star RB and I'm not sure there would be a good locker room fit if AP is pouting on the bench. Or telling the media he wants more playing time.

Peterson thought he'd be in demand and may have felt he could garner a starting job for at least $8 if not $10mil. When we see guys like Eddie Lacy pickup $5mil then clearly there has to be a big gap between that contract and what AP wants. I'm sure he also thinks of himself as a starter in the league. Having been a superstar for a decade I imagine it takes quite some time to come down from that plateau. There is still a lot of money available so I'm not sure he's lowered his expectations too much yet.

Even if he does, I still want Howard to our star RB and I'm not sure there would be a good locker room fit if AP is pouting on the bench. Or telling the media he wants more playing time.

Who's to say he'd do that? The Bears threw about 550 times last year, and only ran about 350 (minus QB scrambles). What if that ratio were more like 450/450? That would give both RBs over 200 carries. The Titans looked good last year with a split between Murray and Henry, and I wouldn't be shocked to see their ratio get closer this year considering how good Henry looked. I think the same type of attack could be created in Chicago's backfield with Peterson.

I know I'd much rather see a 50/50 split than a ton of passing. This team is not good enough to get into firefights, and they need to try to shorten the game with running and good defense.

No.

He is old. His performance last year was awful. ...and the year before that, etc.

And, by all accounts, he beats his children.

No.

F&*% no.

I don't know how much Cap the Bears have left, but I assume it's enough to make a push for Peterson. The way I figure it, why not?

He doesn't seem to be getting the interest expected, which means the cost will be lower than anticipated. He's a perfect "complimentary" back, which sounds ridiculous to say. Truth is, the Bears should be running way more than passing this year, so it makes sense to create a two-headed monster in Howard and Peterson. The added benefit is it obviously extends the usefulness of each RB because the lessened burden. And the cherry on top? Adrian Peterson would get to shove it to his former team who didn't want to keep him around.

If I were Pace I'd kick the tires and see what he's asking for. I would sell him on the idea of proving the Vikings wrong TWICE a year.

No.

He is old. His performance last year was awful. ...and the year before that, etc.

No.

F&*% no.

I am a no also. We are young and do not need a guy at the end of his career at the RB position. Draft a late rounder if a stud is out there.

No.

No.

F&*% no.

I have avoided him in fantasy football since then, just can't get behind a guy that did what we saw in those pictures.

Screw that, you want a name, bring in Jamal Charles and have him be our 3rd down back. That would keep him healthy and at prime level.

Based on Jeremy Langford and Jordan Howard, who were drafted in the 4th and 5th rounds, we need to keep drafting running backs. Everyone says, "Draft a QB every year." To hell with that. If you do it right, you only need one QB. Keep drafting running backs.