WTF

dawhizz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it pans out, great, we have a franchise qb. If it doesnt were looking for a new GM. Pace put his tenure as the Bears GM on the line with this pick. I dont like it, but Ill wait and see what happens and hope we have a long term solution at QB.

Let me just say , i didn't like it but here is how i look at it.

You can't judge this pick today.it will be two years from now.

Trying to look at the positive side, someone else was bidding for that spot, we offered the 3 and 4, if it was Cleveland, i bet we had to throw in the 3 next year to get it done.

It was a little over pay, but not outrageous.

If he becomes a top 10 QB, say matt Ryan, will we be complaining 2 years from now?

I see glennon being the bridge, trubisky will need some time, so lets say Glennon is,good , we have two top type qbs, we trade him.

If he development is,quicker , we have a competent backup that someone woll maybe give us a #2for him.

If they got this right we have a franchise qb for 8 to 10 years.

If not everybody loses they job.

If will be 2 years before we ca n judge this.

Another thing, with the way the qbs are dropping , they probably would took a qb with the second pick, so if we get a defensive stud , they got the qb they wanted.

I bet they trade back and get an extra 3rd so we're still have , so,we have a second, a third and a 4th. 3 more players to get a s,cb and te? We will find out.

Let me just say , i didn't like it but here is how i look at it.

You can't judge this pick today.it will be two years from now.

Trying to look at the positive side, someone else was bidding for that spot, we offered the 3 and 4, if it was Cleveland, i bet we had to throw in the 3 next year to get it done.

It was a little over pay, but not outrageous.

If he becomes a top 10 QB, say matt Ryan, will we be complaining 2 years from now?

I see glennon being the bridge, trubisky will need some time, so lets say Glennon is,good , we have two top type qbs, we trade him.

If he development is,quicker , we have a competent backup that someone woll maybe give us a #2for him.

If they got this right we have a franchise qb for 8 to 10 years.

If not everybody loses they job.

If will be 2 years before we ca n judge this.

Another thing, with the way the qbs are dropping , they probably would took a qb with the second pick, so if we get a defensive stud , they got the qb they wanted.

I bet they trade back and get an extra 3rd so we're still have , so,we have a second, a third and a 4th. 3 more players to get a s,cb and te? We will find out.

Well said. I was negative at first but I'm warming to the idea.

Maybe he starts right away, but I would rather have Glennon there in case he needs time.

Why start him right away? Everyone says he needs to groom a year. We paid Glennon 15 million.

When we signed Glennon we probably knew we were making a run at a QB at #3. This is all part of the plan.

I want to say that I wanted a potential franchise qb at number three. My guy wasn't the pick but I'm relieved we rolled the dice and got our qb.

As far as the trade, it's the going rate for a chance to draft a franchise QB. Other teams were leveraging against us obviously based on the way the qbs were consistently traded up for. Either you pay the price or someone else will.

I'm willing to bet there was no other offer and Bears just got played.

I feel the same way. I'm just waiting for someone to photoshop the Bears and Niners into the Kevin Costner movie where he railroads another team.

Why start him right away? Everyone says he needs to groom a year. We paid Glennon 15 million.

When we signed Glennon we probably knew we were making a run at a QB at #3. This is all part of the plan.

That was my reply to a you don't draft a QB at #2 to sit. It depends on how he progresses imo. I am good with it and wanted QB since the day Cutler got hurt and was finished.

(bradjock) Why start him right away? Everyone says he needs to groom a year. We paid Glennon 15 million.

(killakrzydav)I want to say that I wanted a potential franchise qb at number three. My guy wasn't the pick but I'm relieved we rolled the dice and got our qb.

As far as the trade, it's the going rate for a chance to draft a franchise QB. Other teams were leveraging against us obviously based on the way the qbs were consistently traded up for. Either you pay the price or someone else will.

I agree with both.

Also to those who say we spent too much, we didnt spend a 1st or a 2nd, look what KC spent to move to get Mahomes, a 3rd and next years first!

We didnt get robbed, we paid a fair price, and we may now have a QB for the future.

Can someone please explain what the heck just happened? I missed the draft and on the way home am listening to nothing but major flaming on the Bears. Not just the pick of Trubisky but how they got to 2 to get him. I'll admit I'm a fan of pick at QB BUT not him and not at the cost.

There was a lot of discussions about teams moving up to take QBs. Once Cleveland took Garrett, it seems that the Bears received calls for teams looking to move up to take a QB. Pace must've believed that he had no choice but to swap picks with SF, which would give SF the best pick in this draft while gaining more picks. So SF gets the player they want (not a guarantee with teams like CLE, KC, or HOU) and additional picks from us. We get our guy and don't give up more than some 3rd's and a 4th. Comparatively, HOU and KC both gave up more (in terms of draft value) by giving up multiple 1st rounders.

I thought NE was only going to take 2 firsts and more?

Who knows, it is a done deal. I am done trying to figure out what could've happened. I need to get on the Trubisky bandwagon and pray he becomes a franchise QB, otherwise, we have a long road of losing ahead.

We've already been on that road for years now. What's one more if the following year gets us onto the SuperBowl turnpike?

Bear down!

:dabears

Who knows, it is a done deal. I am done trying to figure out what could've happened. I need to get on the Trubisky bandwagon and pray he becomes a franchise QB, otherwise, we have a long road of losing ahead.

We've already been on that road for years now. What's one more if the following year gets us onto the SuperBowl turnpike?

Bear down!

:dabears

At the end of the day, I would rather go all-in and be aggressive, than sit back and hope. Hope is not a method.

There was a lot of discussions about teams moving up to take QBs. Once Cleveland took Garrett, it seems that the Bears received calls for teams looking to move up to take a QB. Pace must've believed that he had no choice but to swap picks with SF, which would give SF the best pick in this draft while gaining more picks. So SF gets the player they want (not a guarantee with teams like CLE, KC, or HOU) and additional picks from us. We get our guy and don't give up more than some 3rd's and a 4th. Comparatively, HOU and KC both gave up more (in terms of draft value) by giving up multiple 1st rounders.

Look at it this way. Paces last two 3rd rd picks is Grasu and Bullard.

Like you said we didnt think Pace had a clue, but he was taking the calls for pick 3 and he knows SF was taking calls for two. We got the guy they wanted, I know I am good with it.

So we used #3, two 3rd's, and a 4th for Trubisky, so why would we not just give up #3 for JimmyG and keep all our other picks?

Because the contract we gave to Glennon we'd have given to JimmyG, plus likely a lot more guaranteed. I think it's safe to think JimmyG might have gotten two years salary guaranteed vs. Glennon getting 1.2 years. With the 3rd pick and the QB cap hit Pace would have received one shot at finding a starting QB.

Pace instead chose to take two shots at finding his QB with approximately the same investment. You have to keep in mind that we gave up valuable draft picks but in exchange we get more flexibility than what we'd have had with JimmyG contract. If we don't want Glennon around next year we can either trade him and get value (picks) back thus mitigating the investment in Trubisky. Or we cut Glennon and use his money to sign FA players to fill the holes we have from the draft picks we gave up. If Glennon hits it big then we trade Trubisky.

We won't get everything back on balance that we gave up but if we hit on a starting QB the net loss won't be nearly as much as it first appears.

I heard Gabriel say we were 25 points over draft value and someone on twtter say 170 points over. Im in vegas and the achcohol and lack of sleep puts me not in the position to check this out. If you look back at any qb trades, they never look good from this side of fence, but i do say this guy has balls. This is the guy he wanted and he got him, i will never like this but if it turns out, how many people on here are going to be angry 2 or 3 if this guy makes several pro bowls, im going to be saying how great this guy is. We simply can not judge this pick now. Lets say he sits for 2 years before he starts and we ascend to playoffs in 2 years and now have a qb of the future besides, how awesome will that be. Hopefully glennon is good and everything is win win situation at the the most important POSITION in sports .

I dont lose my job if he gets this wrong but pace does.

I am perplexed regarding this pick because I want to trust what Pace is saying and my big concern is around his comments when Glennon was signed.

I fully believed that Pace felt that Glennon was at the least a capable QB and at best a good to franchise capable QB. Not every team needs to be successful with QB's of the quality of Brady, Rodgers etc.

So my thought was we don't need to draft a QB because Glennon is that player. Also looking at our roster and the holes I wanted to draft the best player available this year and over the next few years. With the strength of this draft in the areas of the teams needs then the picks we gave away this year would mean we are probably going to miss out on a good player in the 3rd and 4th because the 49ers will now have those picks.

The only way I can see taking Trubisky makes sense is if we are ready to win now and I can't see that. Maybe they view what was achieved in free agency this year and possibly getting the players who were on IR last year to be healthy to mean this roster is where they need to be and we are going to the playoffs because I was expecting another bad year hoping the owners would ignore the fans, press etc.so we would be in a position for the 2018 season to be competitive and challenge to win the division and go deep in the playoffs.

I would have been happier if the team felt Trubisky is a franchise QB and potentially at a level of being a Brady or Rodgers type player to have given them our 1st this year and 1st next year to move to the 2nd pick in the draft as long as we also got there 2nd pick this year. This would have meant the 49ers would gamble on use having a poor season and Pace gambling that we are successful and the pick would be like moving from say the 20th pick in the 1st to the 2nd pick in the 2nd.

I am perplexed regarding this pick because I want to trust what Pace is saying and my big concern is around his comments when Glennon was signed.

I fully believed that Pace felt that Glennon was at the least a capable QB and at best a good to franchise capable QB. Not every team needs to be successful with QB's of the quality of Brady, Rodgers etc.

So my thought was we don't need to draft a QB because Glennon is that player. Also looking at our roster and the holes I wanted to draft the best player available this year and over the next few years. With the strength of this draft in the areas of the teams needs then the picks we gave away this year would mean we are probably going to miss out on a good player in the 3rd and 4th because the 49ers will now have those picks.

The only way I can see taking Trubisky makes sense is if we are ready to win now and I can't see that. Maybe they view what was achieved in free agency this year and possibly getting the players who were on IR last year to be healthy to mean this roster is where they need to be and we are going to the playoffs because I was expecting another bad year hoping the owners would ignore the fans, press etc.so we would be in a position for the 2018 season to be competitive and challenge to win the division and go deep in the playoffs.

I would have been happier if the team felt Trubisky is a franchise QB and potentially at a level of being a Brady or Rodgers type player to have given them our 1st this year and 1st next year to move to the 2nd pick in the draft as long as we also got there 2nd pick this year. This would have meant the 49ers would gamble on use having a poor season and Pace gambling that we are successful and the pick would be like moving from say the 20th pick in the 1st to the 2nd pick in the 2nd.

If we look at how Seattle got built, they paid big for Flynn and drafted Wilson.

They has a high pick in Thomas but the rest of their dbs were late draft picks.

I think we still have a chance to get 2 starters in the next few rounds and end up having our franchise QB, will we lok back and complain about this draft?

If we look at how Seattle got built, they paid big for Flynn and drafted Wilson.

They has a high pick in Thomas but the rest of their dbs were late draft picks.

I think we still have a chance to get 2 starters in the next few rounds and end up having our franchise QB, will we lok back and complain about this draft?

Did Seattle trade up one pick and lose 3 picks to draft Wilson?

I heard Gabriel say we were 25 points over draft value and someone on twtter say 170 points over. Im in vegas and the achcohol and lack of sleep puts me not in the position to check this out. If you look back at any qb trades, they never look good from this side of fence, but i do say this guy has balls. This is the guy he wanted and he got him, i will never like this but if it turns out, how many people on here are going to be angry 2 or 3 if this guy makes several pro bowls, im going to be saying how great this guy is. We simply can not judge this pick now. Lets say he sits for 2 years before he starts and we ascend to playoffs in 2 years and now have a qb of the future besides, how awesome will that be. Hopefully glennon is good and everything is win win situation at the the most important POSITION in sports .

I dont lose my job if he gets this wrong but pace does.

It's not win-win. I don't know why people keep saying this.

Let's break it down:

If Glennon does really well, the Bears have a QB controversy.

They'll have a #2 pick they're itching to get into the game, but can't, because Glennon kicked ass.

They'll think, "But we could trade Glennon!"

And the Bears will have given up a sure thing in Glennon, for yet another unsure thing in their #2 pick Trubisky, in the hopes of turning him into a sure thing.

If the end result is to end up with an uncertainty at QB, they could have just drafted defense and picked a mid-round QB.