Wentz to Colts

Uncle Buck

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

If we got him at that price,  I would have been okay with deal. I'm okay with adding a vet as long as we don't blow our draft up. I would go after Minchew,  what do you think Jags would want. 

I had to look it up.  I would have done that deal too.  2021 2nd RD pick and a conditional 2022 1st RD pick if the Colts make the playoffs and Wentz plays 70% of snaps.  75% of snaps and they also get the 1st regardless of playoffs.  

9 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Out of those, I think the only one with a chance to be better than Mitch is Darnold.

Agree. Also, since Darnold is more of a pocket passer and less mobile, maybe it would provide an incentive to the Bears' front office to focus on OL. If they were to go with Mariota or Minshew, there is zero doubt Nagy's dumb ass would be installing the mid-90s Nebraska option because he is so much smarter than everyone else.

9 hours ago, adam said:

It definitely sets the market. I am glad we didn't pull the trigger on him.

I'm so annoyed - this was such a great deal for the Colts. They bought low on a QB who has been an above average QB all but his last season in the league and did all of that with sub-par lines and horrific wide receiving.  

Glad the Bears didn't give up picks for this guy. Awful trade for the Colts. There is no rational basis for why any team should have had to give up a pick for Carson Wentz when you see what the Rams had to give up just to get rid of Jared Goff. The Eagles were always going to trade Wentz, and everybody knew it. Getting a potential 1st and 3rd round pick back for a guy who was the worst starting quarterback in football last year is highway robbery. 

10 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Out of those, I think the only one with a chance to be better than Mitch is Darnold.

Darnold is awful. He's never had a year where he looked better than Trubisky, so I don't know why anybody would think he'll suddenly show it now.

People like to rag on Minshew for whatever reason, but he's put up some impressive numbers on a horrid Jacksonville team the last two years. He's sneaky good, and with the right playcaller/team, he could be a steal for somebody. 

12 hours ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Darnold is awful. He's never had a year where he looked better than Trubisky, so I don't know why anybody would think he'll suddenly show it now.

People like to rag on Minshew for whatever reason, but he's put up some impressive numbers on a horrid Jacksonville team the last two years. He's sneaky good, and with the right playcaller/team, he could be a steal for somebody. 

Agreed. I have no issues trading a 5th or 6th for Minshew and then drafting a QB as well. 

Peace

2 hours ago, Connorbear said:

Agreed. I have no issues trading a 5th or 6th for Minshew and then drafting a QB as well. 

Peace

I think this is reasonable.  I would not want to put our eggs in one basket for this guy.  Not too keen on taking anymore of Jacksonville's QB castoffs.  His record in college (between East Carolina and Washington State) was 14-16 to include an 11-2 record in WA State.  Considering he himself was a 6th round draft pick for the Bears to give up anymore than that would be foolhardy.  

3 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Getting Minchew would be the upgrade over Bray with potential to start if Foles fails.  Foles will be the starter in game one. Ideally we draft Jones or Trask  and mix it up and see how it works out. 

I agree with your assessment of Minchew's potential role. I think youre right about Foles being the day 1 starter with a high pick rookie QB waiting in the wings. Therefore, I would not be spending any draft capital, even a low pick, on a QB that will be the #3 by midseason. THis team isnt deep enough to be spending on that kind of insurance. We need that pick somewhere else more.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Getting Minchew would be the upgrade over Bray with potential to start if Foles fails.  Foles will be the starter in game one. Ideally we draft Jones or Trask  and mix it up and see how it works out. 

Foles would be like...not again...getting replaced by Minchew. 

43 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I don't think there is a dream scenario we can look forward to.  No Derek Carr, no Watson.  Maybe after a year in the system,  better OL, more of a commitment to the running game,  Foles has a better chance to succeed.  Maybe defense plays better. 

I agree. I don't think Foles is bad, but even Mahomes looks awful without an OL in front of him.

This is ALL on Pace.