Russell Wilson

Uncle Buck

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm not sure how many people know it, Kyle and Russell have been friends since they were 15.

which is weird, because if you want to help your friend, and he has told you that he is leaning toward Chicago, then tweeting this lowers Wilson's price...

2 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

which is weird, because if you want to help your friend, and he has told you that he is leaning toward Chicago, then tweeting this lowers Wilson's price...

His price is set through his contract with Seattle.  I keep hearing stuff, but it doesn't make sense for Seattle to trade him.  That alone would cause 39mil on dead money.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

His price is set through his contract with Seattle.  I keep hearing stuff, but it doesn't make sense for Seattle to trade him.  That alone would cause 39mil on dead money.

yes youre right about both. i suppose Wilson wouldnt need any leverage with the Bears in this. Good point.

Not my idea nor my first choice.  Make post June 1 trade to Seattle.  Include Mack two firsts in 22-23- Montgomery and Roquan or Johnson maybe both or maybe a future 2n or 3d.   The post June 1 would allow both teams to spread the cap hits on Mack and Russell to be spread over two years.  Making it an almost cap neutral trade.  Redo every vet contract.   Would give Seattle two or three quality rookies contracts and allow us to still have all of our draft picks this year and most of our future picks going forward.   Carrol is not a pass happy coach so finding a vet would be a lot easier for his scheme than us finding someone to fit in Nagys system, what ever that is.  Hell throw in Floles as a cherry on the Sunday. 

18 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

LOL. I was thinking if he was a friend, he’d steer Wilson away from Chicago. I mean, I love the team, and the city, but he is likely set up for failure if he joins the Bears.

31 minutes ago, jason said:

LOL. I was thinking if he was a friend, he’d steer Wilson away from Chicago. I mean, I love the team, and the city, but he is likely set up for failure if he joins the Bears.

Yeah it wasn’t all that long ago that Kyle said he’d love to continue playing football but not for the current staff in Chicago. 

4 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yeah it wasn’t all that long ago that Kyle said he’d love to continue playing football but not for the current staff in Chicago. 

He didn't like how the team handled his departure, though he never played for another team afterwards. So I am sure he wanted a little more respect on the way out and how they handled the Cohen IG video with him naked in the background.

56 minutes ago, jason said:

and Long doesnt really love the current Bears leadership either.

It's all about clicks, nothing more.

8 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

And today Kyle announces he is healthy and wants to play NFL ball again.

LOL. Can't make this shit up. Watch him come back and dominate for another team, likely within the division.

When they got rid of Kyle , he couldnt stay on the field and wasnt playing well. He will be 33 in December. We are set in the middle and he will not sign somewhere to be a backup. I would say a big fat NO. I hope he does well, but will not be dominating anyone at a high level. 

After seeing that article on cap space - why do I need 3 1st round picks - get it done and we can maneuver the cap in a year that is a buyers market and get Russell + have $30M of cap space without gutting the roster.  Heck yeah - lets go.  If it doesn't work - in 2 years spin Wilson and let him launch you into a rebuild (cause unless his arm falls off of he has an Alex Smith type of injury - you will be able to recoup what you pay).  

I'm super fired up!!! 

I seen a couple trade scenarios that make sense. We get Wilson- seattle gets Johnson, 1+3 this year plus 2 firsts going forward and Sam Darold.  Jets get a 3rd ( this year) and nick Foles. Seattle makes the trade  because they have a QB prospect coming back and Carroll want to run and play defense anyways . So would you guys be up for that? 

I think if we trade for Darold for a 3rd and Foles,  just go with him and draft a OT and WR.