Bears Trade #1 to Panthers

ASHKUM BEAR

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who told me they wouldn't give up DJ Moore if they were trading up for a QB?ย  ย Always aim high!ย  Now we actually have a good WR group at the top 3 and will likely add a day 3 WR to help round it out with Velus.ย ย 

by the numbers and the Hall trade chart, the value we paid for DJ Moore in this trade was equal to a second round pick this year, and moving down from first round to second round in the extra 2025 pick. That's a steal.

Suddenly Mooney and Claypool look much better too because you cant double team everyone. This gives Fields the weapons to show what he can do, and we got a likely top 10 first rounder next year to combine with our pick to take Field's replacement or add two firsts to the team around him.

This was a great move for sustainability. In the past, we've seen the Bears try to load up for a run with a window that's already closing. Now with young core players like Fields, and three excellent receiver all 25 or 24 years old you've got the beginnings of a sustainable, long term offense. Truly building a team.

We might use the pick at #9, but once you get out of the blue area, unless someone specific drops, don't be surprised to see the Bears trade down again. We can use all the 2nd round picks we can get.

This is very exciting for the next ten years of Bears football. Good job Poles. Now you just have to pick the players to draft and pay in Free Agency.

ย 

44 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

The trade was made. Panthers are now on the clock

Compensation update, per sources: Bears trading No. 1 overall pick to Carolina for:

๐Ÿˆpick No. 9
๐Ÿˆpick No. 61
๐Ÿˆa first-round pick in 2024
๐Ÿˆa second-round pick in 2025
๐ŸˆWR DJ Moore

Wow, this is awesome. Moore is basically a first rounder, but "better?", #61 (2nd), 2024 1st, and 2025 2nd.

Rich Hill chart 1000 = 387+86+369+146+Moore (369) = 1357. So even if you value Moore as a 2nd, it is still good for the Bears (1132).

Johnson chart 3000 = 1350+292+1300+490+Moore (1300) = 4732. If you reduce Moore to a 2nd round value, it is 3922.

4 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Who told me they wouldn't give up DJ Moore if they were trading up for a QB?ย  ย Always aim high!ย  Now we actually have a good WR group at the top 3 and will likely add a day 3 WR to help round it out with Velus.ย ย 

I said that but instead of giving them 39 they gave them 61. They will be drafting a WR to grow with the new QB. I like being wrong when it helps our team.

2 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I said that but instead of giving them 39 they gave them 61. They will be drafting a WR to grow with the new QB. I like being wrong when it helps our team.

I was really hoping for a high 2023 2nd rd pick in addition to a 2024 1st. It will be a long wait from #9 to #61.

Just being greedy. LOL

11 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

by the numbers and the Hall trade chart, the value we paid for DJ Moore in this trade was equal to a second round pick this year, and moving down from first round to second round in the extra 2025 pick. That's a steal.

Suddenly Mooney and Claypool look much better too because you cant double team everyone. This gives Fields the weapons to show what he can do, and we got a likely top 10 first rounder next year to combine with our pick to take Field's replacement or add two firsts to the team around him.

This was a great move for sustainability. In the past, we've seen the Bears try to load up for a run with a window that's already closing. Now with young core players like Fields, and three excellent receiver all 25 or 24 years old you've got the beginnings of a sustainable, long term offense. Truly building a team.

We might use the pick at #9, but once you get out of the blue area, unless someone specific drops, don't be surprised to see the Bears trade down again. We can use all the 2nd round picks we can get.

This is very exciting for the next ten years of Bears football. Good job Poles. Now you just have to pick the players to draft and pay in Free Agency.

ย 

Trading back makes sense for us but what player will a team want at 9? Hopefully Carter drips to 9 and we get to make that decision.

Just now, adam said:

Wow, this is awesome. Moore is basically a first rounder, but "better?", #61 (2nd), 2024 1st, and 2025 2nd.

Rich Hill chart 1000 = 387+86+369+146+Moore (369) = 1357. So even if you value Moore as a 2nd, it is still good for the Bears.

you have to value the future pick as 32 picks x the number of years youre waiting lower than it would be this year tho.

1000 traded for:

387ย ย ย ย  R1 P9
86ย ย ย ย ย ย  R2 P61
149ย ย ย ย  2024 R1 pick
29ย ย ย ย ย ย  2025 R2 pick
____

Meaning DJ Moore was worth 350 points (R1 P11)

So Basically, DJ Moore = high/mid first round pick. Which I think is right. It's what you would have had to trade for him.

Plus we got the future picks we needed. But DJ Moore isnt an add in, he's a main part of the haul here. He's the second 2023 first round pick in this trade.

You could imagine it as we traded R1 P1 for:

R1 P9
R1 P11 (DJ Moore)
R2 P61
2024 R1 Pick
2025 R2 Pick

So is DJ Moore worth R1 P11? That's the question. I say yes.

ย 

1 minute ago, Pixote said:

I was really hoping for a high 2023 2nd rd pick in addition to a 2024 1st. It will be a long wait from #9 to #61.

Just being greedy. LOL

Yeah me too, but getting Moore plus an extra 1st or 2nd in the next 3 drafts is pretty solid (2nd, 1st, 2nd).

2 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Just being greedy. LOL

We got DJ Moore instead, I'm good. I suspect they offered the high 2 nd and Poles asked for Moore instead.

3 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

you have to value the future pick as 32 picks x the number of years youre waiting lower than it would be this year tho.

1000 traded for:

387ย ย ย ย  R1 P9
86ย ย ย ย ย ย  R2 P61
149ย ย ย ย  2024 R1 pick
____

So Basically, DJ Moore = high/mid first round pick. Which I think is right. It's what you would have had to trade for him.

Plus we got the future picks we needed. But DJ Moore isnt an add in, he's a main part of the haul here. He's the second 2023 first round pick in this trade.

R1 P9
R1 P11 (DJ Moore)
R2 P61
2024 R1 Pick
2025 R2 Pick

ย 

Ultimately you have to wait and see what pick they end up with for the final value, but I doubt Carolina magically breaks out of the top 10 of the draft in the next 2 years, so it is more than likely going to be a top 10 2024 1st rounder, and a no worse than a mid 40s 2nd rounder in 2025.ย 

17 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I know, I know!ย  I'll never rat Stinger out though...๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿค

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Moore is also reasonably priced for the next 3 years.

and he lights a fire under Claypools butt. This is one of those moves that acts as a multiplier through the whole WR room.

Now we need an OL and we have almost nothing on the defensive front 7. This is gonna be a fun offseason.

4 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

1000 traded for:

387ย ย ย ย  R1 P9
86ย ย ย ย ย ย  R2 P61
149ย ย ย ย  2024 R1 pick
____

R1 P9
R1 P11 (DJ Moore)
R2 P61
2024 R1 Pick
2025 R2 Pick

ย 

He's a number 1 WR that we needed. Plus this year his cap hit is 20, then 16 and 16. That's a very good scenario for a # 1. We have a lot of money this year to cover the 20 mil

12 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Trading back makes sense for us but what player will a team want at 9? Hopefully Carter drips to 9 and we get to make that decision.

It is a tough spot.ย  Offensive Tackles and WRs come to play.ย  Breese/Lucas Van Ness at 3T and CBs that are not where you spend high on as a cover 2 D.ย ย 

At that point I might look for more trade down value.