Anything comments

Stinger226

45 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

This one got me...

Whoah - this is interesting. Is this from the real Schefty or is this a leak to kind of get teams to at least offer up so the Bears can at least gauge the value here.  Or is this also designed to extract value for Fields.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Whoah - this is interesting. Is this from the real Schefty or is this a leak to kind of get teams to at least offer up so the Bears can at least gauge the value here.  Or is this also designed to extract value for Fields.  

I believe anything we hear from Halas Hall is propaganda to help our cause.

I see there are things about this that make me excited.

1) If multiple teams are bidding against each other, it raises the value of the pick in trade.

2) I honestly believe Washington will try to outbid everyone for the right to select Williams.

3) If we trade the pick to Washington, it would put us in a position to draft Maye, who I believe has every bit as good a chance to be a top 5 QB in the NFL as Williams, and get a ton of draft capital to use to build our next Super Bowl roster.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Washington offered us a minimum of their #2 pick, along with their 2nd round pick received from us for Sweat and their 1st round selections for 2025 & 2026.

Williams "might be" the better of the two QBs, but Maye is an awesome prospect without the "possible" issues of size (exactly how tall is Williams? We'll soon find out at the combine) and intangibles (such as his personality traits and domineering father).

Here is one mock draft that was published on nbcsportschicago.com. It was done light-heartedly, but IMHO, it could be quite possible (I hope). The only thing I didn't like about their selections was a 2nd WR taken in the 3rd round without the OL Center position being addressed.

Bears mock draft: Poles passes on Caleb Williams, trades No. 1 pick

I apologize in advance if I posted this before. I have had a lot of personal stuff going down lately and find my memory a bit faulty as of late. It was too much for my old mind to process. ;-(

It involves a trade with Washington with Huge capital offered, a selection of Maye, and then a trade of Fields to Tampa Bay. Check it out.

4 hours ago, Pixote said:

Williams "might be" the better of the two QBs, but Maye is an awesome prospect without the "possible" issues of size (exactly how tall is Williams? We'll soon find out at the combine) and intangibles (such as his personality traits and domineering father).

I have similar concerns about Williams, and my favorite outcome would be if we found that we liked Maye (or whoever) just as much as Caleb. Then we could pick up some extra picks, and still get our guy.

I do worry that Williams may be telling the Bears through back channels that he doesnt want to go there. I heard his camp say "Caleb doesnt want to be the bad guy" and poles wouldnt want to be beaten publicly by Williams, so there is a mutual interest in making it look like we moved off of Williams because we wanted to.

And unless we take Williams with the #1 pick, we will never know exactly what happened.

But if we have Maye or other QBs evenly rated with Williams, since there is so much unknown in the draft, why not take the extra picks. If we'd let Mahomes fall to us, even if we thought Trubisky would be better, we'd have gotten lucky, for example.

But on the other hand, if everything is telling them Caleb is that guy, we gotta just take him.

All that said, I do believe there are multiple intriguing prospects in this years draft. It's a very complicated question!

On 2/9/2024 at 10:32 AM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Kay Adams interviews DJ Moore.  Talk about Shane Waldron and Justin.  

Will there be a DJ Moore sighting in a SB commercial with Baha Mt Dew!? 

I am enjoying these interviews with him and it would be fun to see him paired with his homie MHJ. 

This offseason will have the fan base scrolling thru a war zone of the same debates over and over, even after the draft.  It has come to labels being put on fans opinions as cultists one way or the other.  What one thinks and expresses is only an opinion and it is not the end of Bear times which ever way they decide to go.  This is a great time for the Bears and we need to embrace all opinions. The energy can be positive or negative and we know that positive energy feels better for all, so I look forward to feeding that with my Bear talk brothers.

On 2/10/2024 at 9:51 AM, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Will there be a DJ Moore sighting in a SB commercial with Baha Mt Dew!?

DJ continuing to make the rounds. This time with Mike Florio and Chris Simms.  He goes “definitely on record” with keeping Justin.  And Ashkum, drops a hint about the commercial.  😉

The dominant QB captains two long end of game drives to win the super bowl.

The team with players built around a lower pick QB, who turns out to be an excellent best possible case QB, and the team with a smothering defense, and excellent playcalling on both sides of the ball is unable to overcome the magic of a true winning QB.

Even though the Chiefs were quiet early, and turned the ball over. Even though everything was going the 49ers way.

A Brady Mahomes type wins it again.

If you dont have one of those kind of guys at QB, youre not going all the way.

12 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

The team with players built around a lower pick QB, who turns out to be an excellent best possible case QB, and the team with a smothering defense, and excellent playcalling on both sides of the ball is unable to overcome the magic of a true winning QB.

Even though the Chiefs were quiet early, and turned the ball over. Even though everything was going the 49ers way.

You're right Brady or Mahomes, the trick is to find him. TO's had the most effect on the games outcome but they happened and the better QB sealed the deal.

13 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I get what Mahomes did at the end of regulation and in OT, that was impressive, but he was also gifted a TD after the muffed punt. A TD drive of 16 yards. So in regulation, he scored 12 pts with zero TDs besides that short TD, and SF had an XP blocked, which would've been the deciding point in the game essentially forcing KC to score a TD vs a FG at the end of the 4th. He threw a bad pick and should've had another if Gipson didn't get turned around. 

To me, it felt like SF lost this game more than KC won it. I have no idea why SF decided to play a ridiculous deep shell on both the final drive in regulation and in OT. It was just pitch and catch for Mahomes. They really made it too easy for him.

1 hour ago, adam said:

I get what Mahomes did at the end of regulation and in OT, that was impressive, but he was also gifted a TD after the muffed punt. A TD drive of 16 yards. So in regulation, he scored 12 pts with zero TDs besides that short TD, and SF had an XP blocked, which would've been the deciding point in the game essentially forcing KC to score a TD vs a FG at the end of the 4th. He threw a bad pick and should've had another if Gipson didn't get turned around. 

To me, it felt like SF lost this game more than KC won it. I have no idea why SF decided to play a ridiculous deep shell on both the final drive in regulation and in OT. It was just pitch and catch for Mahomes. They really made it too easy for him.

If the Chiefs had been dow two touchdowns, then that's what Mahomes would have scored at the end of the game.

Winners win. Michael Jordans shooting percentage goes UP for clutch shots. He's better when it counts than he is regularly.

I remember when Eli Manning beat Tom Brady in the game with the helmet catch. The Giants were leading most of the game, and then Brady engineered a last minute drive to take the lead with an injured leg. He did that because he is a winner. And it turns out Eli is a winner too because he engineered and impossible last minute drive to come back.

KC may have been gifted one score, but the fumble near the goal line took another one away from them.

In the end, a huge percentage of super bowls are won by a handful of QBs. It's not a statistical accident. If you dont have one of those guys, you dont win. And if you do, youre always in it.

The NFL is dominated by a small group of QBs. We need one of those!

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

If the Chiefs had been dow two touchdowns, then that's what Mahomes would have scored at the end of the game.

Winners win. Michael Jordans shooting percentage goes UP for clutch shots. He's better when it counts than he is regularly.

I remember when Eli Manning beat Tom Brady in the game with the helmet catch. The Giants were leading most of the game, and then Brady engineered a last minute drive to take the lead with an injured leg. He did that because he is a winner. And it turns out Eli is a winner too because he engineered and impossible last minute drive to come back.

KC may have been gifted one score, but the fumble near the goal line took another one away from them.

In the end, a huge percentage of super bowls are won by a handful of QBs. It's not a statistical accident. If you dont have one of those guys, you dont win. And if you do, youre always in it.

The NFL is dominated by a small group of QBs. We need one of those!

Oh, I am not denying his greatness. However, he could've scored a TD in regulation to win it, but didn't. He needed overtime and for his defense to hold SF to a FG or less and they did. He needed SF to miss an XP. So it wasn't completely dominant. Like I said, 12 points on drives longer than 20 yards. 

He got a 2nd chance to redeem himself and did it in OT against Chokahan. 

The Bears need someone to close out games, preferably in regulation. I want a top 10 QB close and late, not the worst. 

5 hours ago, adam said:

Oh, I am not denying his greatness. However, he could've scored a TD in regulation to win it, but didn't. He needed overtime and for his defense to hold SF to a FG or less and they did. He needed SF to miss an XP. So it wasn't completely dominant. Like I said, 12 points on drives longer than 20 yards. 

He got a 2nd chance to redeem himself and did it in OT against Chokahan. 

The Bears need someone to close out games, preferably in regulation. I want a top 10 QB close and late, not the worst. 

In fairness Purdy was part of a drive to put San Fran up in 4th quarter and Overtime as well. So I don’t know that I buy the extreme negative on Shanny and definitely don’t on Purdy. 

I'll throw a new one out there. Fields for Kyle Pitts and their 2nd round pick. Pitts is still on rookie deal next year and than you'd have to use a 5th year option for him - so basically you have him locked in for 2 years plus get a 2nd rounder which you can use to target center.

It also means Bears are sitting at 1 and 9 for QB and best wideout OR you could take the LT or top defensive player at 9 (or move down from 9).  

19 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

In fairness Purdy was part of a drive to put San Fran up in 4th quarter and Overtime as well. So I don’t know that I buy the extreme negative on Shanny and definitely don’t on Purdy. 

Less on Purdy, you are correct. However, if you take the ball first in that situation, and you have 4th and 4 from the 9, you have to go for it. Also, once they had 2nd and 4 from the 9, they had 3 downs to get 4 yards and turtled after 2 plays. That 3rd Down pass play call was horrendous. 

If you go back to their final drive in the 4th. They had 2nd and 5 from the 35 and couldn't get 5 yards in two plays. Like the game is on the line, if they get that first down, they can milk the clock and win it in regulation. Instead they kick a FG and give Mahomes way too much time. 

I felt like in both instances, they needed to plan for 4 downs of use. Then after you kick a FG the first time, you have to go for it the 2nd time. Two times with 4th and 5 or less and you kick 2x FGs. 

22 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I'll throw a new one out there. Fields for Kyle Pitts and their 2nd round pick. Pitts is still on rookie deal next year and than you'd have to use a 5th year option for him - so basically you have him locked in for 2 years plus get a 2nd rounder which you can use to target center.

It also means Bears are sitting at 1 and 9 for QB and best wideout OR you could take the LT or top defensive player at 9 (or move down from 9).  

That would be crazy, because Pitts is basically a 1st round pick. So to get Pitts + a 2nd would be insane. I would drive Fields to Atlanta myself.

3 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

The key to any trade will be a second round pick and a first the next year. Getting a trending upscale player would be great but we got lucky getting DJ Moore, GMs will be skeptical to get taken advantage of with a good player. It's probably more draft picks as the cost goes up.

So here's DJ Moore doing rapid fire word association for teammates.

When it comes to Matt Eberflus, DJ says "laid back"

Ugh. He's not secretly a maniac away from cameras about HITS. They like him because hes laid back.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-q2bSlIfTFg

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

So here's DJ Moore doing rapid fire word association for teammates.

When it comes to Matt Eberflus, DJ says "laid back"

Ugh. He's not secretly a maniac away from cameras about HITS. They like him because hes laid back.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-q2bSlIfTFg

Not sure what you're trying to read into his comments. So laidback means he's thinks he's a bad coach? No one asked him to break down his coaching skills. Take it for face value, everything doesn't have secret meanings. Other videos he has given avid support for Flus, it's just what he thinks. Him liking him doesn't mean he's a good or bad coach , that will be judge by his success this year.