Introduction thread

balta1701-A

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was on the first page of the old bear report bear forum when it started in '96 in sun prairie, wi as choad and had a double moniker - Lucky Luciano also. once they moved to their west coast site i left and dropped into the bearshrine, around 2000, and stayed, occasionally visiting the bear report site till they went pay to play.

was there when it went to bearstalk and finally dropped in here to the final move (hopefully).

Hello. Dave here, formerly known as Alaskan Bear. Came over after "Bearstalk" was relocated. What happened, did Bobby Petrino have control on that site or what? I am 37 years old and live in Alaska...hence the moniker. I want to thank the guys that set this site up to get back to talking Bears stuff. The loss of that "refuge" was most definitely missed. Good to see everyone here.

:bears

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm 23 years old, just old enough to have been alive when the Bears won the Super Bowl but not old enough to remember it, so I'm itching for a Bears Super Bowl victory. Hopefully next year will be the year because it sure isn't going to be this year. I figured that the creation of the new board was a good time to get involved in the discussion. I look forward to talking Bears football with all of you!

Found this site last year via Soxtalk.

It's weird seeing more than half a dozen posts here a day.

You should have seen Bearstalk where most of us came from then...it was very active. When Nfoligno gets his end in gear and shows up he will have at least 10 posts a day all by himself...usually arguing with himself just for the sake of arguing! :lol:

I found the place via soxtalk also, but with so little traffic I forget to stop by. Sounds like this may get interesting. I've closer to retirement age than High School. Was lucky enough to attend a lot of games in the mid 80s, unlucky enough to attend a lot of games between the early 70s and today. Live in the United States most of the time. Have ex's here and there. Take on a different name on each board and sometimes get confused. :sleep

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm 23 years old, just old enough to have been alive when the Bears won the Super Bowl but not old enough to remember it, so I'm itching for a Bears Super Bowl victory. Hopefully next year will be the year because it sure isn't going to be this year. I figured that the creation of the new board was a good time to get involved in the discussion. I look forward to talking Bears football with all of you!

Welcome aboard, Great to have you hear.

I'm a 24 year old who graduated about a year and a half ago and is now stuck right in the middle of the real world (ie working 40-60 Hr's per week as an auditor for a Big 4 accounting company). Been a Bears fan since I can remember. The first real team of players I remember watching was during the Walsh/Kramer era and last season had to be the funnest Bears season I can remember (since I was a whole 2 in 85).

I've been a member of Bearstalk (originally Dabearsshrine), which was an old rivals site for probably 7-8 years. It was probably the first forum I ever joined (now I'm a member of this and a Sox forum). Somewhere along the lines I became an admin (when the site became Bearstalk) and I helped out a bit with the front page for a year or so.

My worst series of post were probably related to my consistent blathering of how the Bears must trade down and draft Cade McNown. Unfortunately the Bears thought I knew what I was talking about. I think my best posts were the consistent berates I gave to one Terry O'Shea, who IIRC, I begun calling for his firing around the 4th week of the season.

If there's going to be a "who are you" thread for the people from BearsTalk to ID themselves, then as one of the mods here, I'd like to add this thread as a place for everyone to say hello. Welcome to this way of organizing the words "Bears" and "Talk"! I'm one of the guys who came over from Soxtalk when this board was created, and it'll certainly be nice to have some new minds around here to pick!

Hey Balta - What's with the 1701-A designation?

Personally, I'd be more of a 1701-D myself. ;)

Hey Uncle Buck, Pix is doing good, tired due to all the overtime that he works. We work together and he introduced me to BearsTalk about 1 1/2 years ago. I am 27 years old, married with a new born named Jarrett. I hope to have his pick uploaded in my signature shortly. The pic will be of the both us taken shortly before this past game against the Skins. I have been married for a little over 2 years. P.S. I bash on her quite a bit on here but its all in good fun. And just in case anyone asks, she knows. She was a member of the last forum although never posted. I will probably try to get her more involved here in the coming months.

i'm over here from Bearstalk. I'm from Virginia , but been in California for the last year or so...btw go Cubs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Also I will let it be known that I hate Benson with a passion and hope he posts on here. I hate all players that are Gaytors, Go Seminoles. i think thats enough hating for one night.

Uh, gosh, golly, sorry, I am a bit shy...... :unsure:

I am a newbie here, silly me, you know that already.......

My name is John, aka Pixote

I am soon to turn 59

I reside in Loves Park. IL

Proud to be a Bears Fan

Very excited to join, once again, the best group of Bears fans to be found anywhere....

The BearsTalk.com Forum Family!!

We may have been called by many other names in the past but we still stand UNITED!!

Thanks Jason, aka DaBearsDaBomb, for a job well done in the emergency relocation project!!

Now we all have a new cozy place, secure and with no commercial ties, and lots to talk about!!

:bears BEAR DOWN !!!

I'm Alex, 20 years old and am going to the University of Minnesota as a Sports Management major. I'm working with the Utah Jazz (along with the Salt Lake Bees and Miller Sports Motorpark) next summer, and hope to gain an internship with one of the sports teams in Chicago for the summer after next. I've been on Soxtalk for a couple of years, and have been here on TalkBears since it was made (but, similar to some of the others, didn't check the board that much considering the lack of activity). My favorite sport is baseball (Sox), with college basketball (Tubby!) and football coming right after it. Football is a close 4th (which doesn't do the sport justice), and the rest of the sports are randomly placed after that. I enjoy long walks on the beach and throwing rocks at Wisconsin fans (not really, but I do believe that you're better dead than red :P).

It seems the average age here has jumped a good 10 years or so, which is interesting to see for sure :P

I suppose I'll reintroduce myself. I'm 18 years old, I was probably around 15 at the time I first joined this site way back when. My favorite teams are the Bears, Bulls, Cardinals, and the Illini, probably in that order. In college I'm deciding on whether to major in Computer animation or Sports management, haha.. I hope all of you have a great year!