Fields-O-Meter

adam

5 minutes ago, adam said:

Houston's offense has 3 points with what some are calling a top 5 play caller in Slowik. Regardless of the defense, this was a terrible outing in arguably the biggest game of Stroud's life and he literally shit the bed.

Put your credibility on the line and tell me Justin is just as good as Stroud.  Do it!  

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

You may not be seeing it against one of the best defenses in the league, but Mr Magoo saw it last week.  And if you are trying to tell me Justin is as good as Stroud, I'd be shocked.

I’d be willing to compare Justin more to Jackson. So far Jackson has 4TDS (2 rushing and 2 passing) with only ~160 yards passing.  Stroud has been exposed not to function well under pressure.  

IMG_6431.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Put your credibility on the line and tell me Justin is just as good as Stroud.  Do it!  

Lol nope, I am just saying Stroud is not as good as the media has made him out to be over these last few weeks. Next year will be telling now that all the teams have a year's worth of tape on him. He has not looked good at all, even for a rookie.

7 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I’d be willing to compare Justin more to Jackson. So far Jackson has 4TDS (2 rushing and 2 passing) with only ~160 yards passing.  Stroud has been exposed not to function well under pressure.  

IMG_6431.jpeg

I did that pre season with the caveat that Justin throw on time.  He didn't, so I ended that thought process.  I would love to see it, as I like Justin.  It would truly be best for the Bears if he was the guy.  I'm just not willing to stand up for another Mitch category.

Just now, adam said:

Lol nope, I am just saying Stroud is not as good as the media has made him out to be over these last few weeks. Next year will be telling now that all the teams have a year's worth of tape on him. He has not looked good at all, even for a rookie.

That's all I needed...🍻

2 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I did that pre season with the caveat that Justin throw on time.  He didn't, so I ended that thought process.  I would love to see it, as I like Justin.  It would truly be best for the Bears if he was the guy.  I'm just not willing to stand up for another Mitch category. 

Ironic given you like a guy from NC wearing #10.   😂

As far as the rest, fair enough.   Theres always next season.  😎👍

10 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

IMG_6431.jpeg

Both Stroud and Slowik have not looked good in this game. If anything, Stroud will regress next year, and overall the team is not going to make a huge leap like they did this year with 2x top 3 picks and playing the last place schedule. Now they go into 2024 more than likely losing their OC, the league has a ton of tape on Stroud now, they won't benefit from great draft position and they will be playing the first place schedule. Good luck Houston.

6 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

That's all I needed...🍻

🍻

Right now with what we have seen over the past 3 years is Fields has limitations that are not going away. Those make it so that a team can really neuter the offense when they have the personnel to do it. So Fields is always going to be as good as the defense he plays against. It really seems to come down to how good the front 4 are and if the opponents bring A gap pressure. That seems to be his kryptonite. 

With that knowledge, Fields will always be a Tier 3 starter, finish in the top 15-20 annually with some flirts with the top 12, but a chance to dip into the low 20s. That seems to be who he is. He is an NFL starter, but he is not going to carry a below average team.

So with the unique opportunity the Bears have, they have to use it, draft a QB, trade Fields, recoup a pick, draft a stud WR and see what happens. 

Interestingly enough, the Texans play the Bears next season as the North Divisions face off against one another. HOU gets to play DET, GB, MIN, CHI, BUF, MIA, DAL, BAL, and KC outside of their division. They will be lucky to win 2 of those games.

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Both Stroud and Slowik have not looked good in this game. If anything, Stroud will regress next year, and overall the team is not going to make a huge leap like they did this year with 2x top 3 picks and playing the last place schedule. Now they go into 2024 more than likely losing their OC, the league has a ton of tape on Stroud now, they won't benefit from great draft position and they will be playing the first place schedule. Good luck Houston.

Yeah think you’re right. 

was going to comment that 70% success rate of #1 overall picks at QB.

Jackson (although not an overall #1 pick) still hasn’t had a 4,000 yard passing season.  Today would be his second playoff win (I think?) and the course he’s made at least one Pro Bowl.  Oh…and on the verge of winning his second league MVP title.  

11 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yeah think you’re right. 

was going to comment that 70% success rate of #1 overall picks at QB.

Jackson (although not an overall #1 pick) still hasn’t had a 4,000 yard passing season.  Today would be his second playoff win (I think?) and the course he’s made at least one Pro Bowl.  Oh…and on the verge of winning his second league MVP title.  

He is about to be a 2 time mvp and has his team in playoffs perennially. 2nd playoff win and such a wide gap between Fields and him. 

Stroud is 1 year in the league and has more wins than Fields does in 3 years in regular season and already has a playoff win and was a total stud in the win or go home game 17 game. 

What am I reading from everyone ripping Stroud. He is one of 3 rookie qbs in NFL history I believe to win a playoff game and he was a huge part for that win. They lost to the hottest team in football in Baltimore. 

1 minute ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

He is about to be a 2 time mvp and has his team in playoffs perennially. 2nd playoff win and such a wide gap between Fields and him. 

Stroud is 1 year in the league and has more wins than Fields does in 3 years in regular season and already has a playoff win and was a total stud in the win or go home game 17 game. 

What am I reading from everyone ripping Stroud. He is one of 3 rookie qbs in NFL history I believe to win a playoff game and he was a huge part for that win. They lost to the hottest team in football in Baltimore. 

I am not ripping him, he is a rookie and shouldn't even be playing in this game. HOU lucked out that CLE was on their 9th QB. I am just saying things are really stacked against him for next season all things considered. If he has a similar year like he had this year, I will be impressed. Right now he is an excellent rookie who had a great year on an ascending team.

4 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

2nd playoff win and such a wide gap between Fields and him.

Not really.  If you double the number of starts and extrapolate his stats, Justin isn’t that far off.   Oh, and support him with the comparable coaching and team… 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_6432.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Ironic given you like a guy from NC wearing #10.   😂

As far as the rest, fair enough.   Theres always next season.  😎👍

You'll always have me on the Mitch argument.  The irony, of it all, is that we have traded roles.  Did I learn from my last transgression?  Have you become complacent with your previous victory tour?  Or are you the QB whisperer?  Time will tell my friend.  As always, well played...🍻

17 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

You'll always have me on the Mitch argument.  The irony, of it all, is that we have traded roles.  Did I learn from my last transgression?  Have you become complacent with your previous victory tour?  Or are you the QB whisperer?  Time will tell my friend.  As always, well played...🍻

Oh I’m no QB whisperer.  lol.  I’m hoping Justin works out and just not convinced the top 2-3 picks are better.  I was sure that Cutler would get us there and he flamed out.  I was also totally wrong about Ryan Leaf.  FWIW I think Nix could be something good (agreeing with Jason).  So that probably means he’ll suck.  Lol.

33 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

FWIW I think Nix could be something good (agreeing with Jason).  So that probably means he’ll suck.  Lol.

Jason and I are soul brothers when it comes to the trenches, but he lost me with the T.O. thing years ago.

3 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Oh I’m no QB whisperer.  lol.  I’m hoping Justin works out and just not convinced the top 2-3 picks are better.  I was sure that Cutler would get us there and he flamed out.  I was also totally wrong about Ryan Leaf.  FWIW I think Nix could be something good (agreeing with Jason).  So that probably means he’ll suck.  Lol.

fair statement! None of us know. But that's a good nuanced answer.

5 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

IMG_6431.jpeg

Stop it AG, the great QBs throw for over 300 yards every game.

5 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

He had a great year, and especially so for a rookie

How about that Jordan Love performance? He had Aaron Jones running thru and around everyone and they still lost and he threw 2 costly picks, one to end the game when all they needed is a FG to tie. He had a 5.7 Y/A with 2 INTs and he never got sacked. He had a ton of time in the pocket and just shit his pants in crunch time.

Look at how similar this is to a former QB that is known for dick pics:

Both of these QBs are going to have it much harder next year now that teams have a year of tape and an offseason to prepare specifically for them. GB will also have the same exact skill position players. Christian Watson is the next Randy Moss they said, 1 catch for 11 yards. Last week, 1 catch for 9 yards. So his two game playoff total is 2-20, lmao.

Here is what the up and coming QBs did and have going for them next year:

Stroud 19-33, 175 yds, 72.2 QB Rating, don't have 2 picks in the top 3, losing OC, 1st place schedule in 2024

Love 21-34, 194 yds, 2 INTs, 72.4 QB Rating, Aaron Jones will be turning 30, 2nd place schedule in 2024

8 hours ago, adam said:

How about that Jordan Love performance? He had Aaron Jones running thru and around everyone and they still lost and he threw 2 costly picks, one to end the game when all they needed is a FG to tie. He had a 5.7 Y/A with 2 INTs and he never got sacked. He had a ton of time in the pocket and just shit his pants in crunch time.

Look at how similar this is to a former QB that is known for dick pics:

Turns out they didn’t need Robbie Gould to beat them after all.  IMG_6435.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Mike Singletary have his full endorsement to Justin Fields today on GMFB.  That one hit me pretty hard...

I have wavered on the Justin support over the last month but I keep seeing former players and former QBs lend their support of Fields. It's hard for me to dismiss their opinion because many sports journalists and fans disagree.  I valve their opinion much greater than novice opinions. I have never been in a NFL locker room but it counts for something. I valve the team players opinions more than  everyone's else's and have never heard one not support Justin.

I'm willing to be okay with Poles choices and believe it's probably (stay with Justin.)