Week 9 Official Game Thread - Bears at Saints (Sweat Revenge)

adam

Just now, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I’d think the one pass to Kmet was a short duck but the other two were behind the receiver.  Especially the one to Scott. 

agree, I amended my post to include that ball location can be fixed. But for example, if the ball velocity was higher, and the ball was thrown to the same spot at the same time, it would have arrived in place instead of behind (late).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Cut or put him on the PS and keep him there at the very least. 

why even bother. he's just a dummy.

I saw some film during preseason of a coach talking to him about punts. The coach said "Ok when the punter is right footed, the ball drifts right, when hes left footed, the ball drifts left" and Velus repeated it out loud like he was trying to memorize that. This year, not his rookie year.

How hard is it to remember "Right is right, Left is left"

Seriously, the guy is NOT smart. Too dumb for the NFL, no matter how fast he is.

OK, the stage is set for Justin. We've seen what good rhythm looks like, but we are not in a full blown QB controversy.

If Fields can move the chains, no one will be calling for Bagent.

Fields has to take the job. 50/50 isnt gonna do it. He needs to clearly take the job and make sure EVERYONE knows it's his.

If there are still questions, and a mixed result, we are drafting another QB.

I think Fields will be OK, maybe even better than he was, but I am not betting on him demonstrating unquestionably that we'd be foolish to move on from him. That's what it's gonna take.

30 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

OK, the stage is set for Justin. We've seen what good rhythm looks like, but we are not in a full blown QB controversy.

If Fields can move the chains, no one will be calling for Bagent.

Fields has to take the job. 50/50 isnt gonna do it. He needs to clearly take the job and make sure EVERYONE knows it's his.

If there are still questions, and a mixed result, we are drafting another QB.

I think Fields will be OK, maybe even better than he was, but I am not betting on him demonstrating unquestionably that we'd be foolish to move on from him. That's what it's gonna take.

He’ll have a great chance against 1-6 Carolina (currently) after a good “rest” and will be home.  

20 minutes ago, jason said:

The experiment is over. 

There is no QB controversy.

Fields is QB1. 

Bagent seems to know how to understand the position better, but Fields is more superior.  Hope Fields is ready to go and he understands tempo better.  Bagent spent more time understanding and preparing than Fields in my eyes, so I hope he woke up with his time off.  I would love for the Bears to use their draft capital to use their draft capital to continue make bank for the future while adding more  top 100 talent

8 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

between the two of em, yes. but its likely neither of them is our starter by mid season 2024

I like Bagent, but he really needs a professional off-season to work on his arm and what pro defenses do.  Coming from D-II, this is simply tangent like he's never seen out there.  That's how you get a 125 passer rating in the first half and finish at 68.

Justin is super close to being ready.  I heard he was practicing Friday, with and without a glove on his throwing hand.  I don't want to see him until he's completely ready, so he can be his best.  Also Thursday, we have have our OL intact for the first time all season, in addition to getting Herbert back.  Not sure on ESB.

Both QBs have good and bad traits. Bagent seems like he is a QB that could win with a good team if developed but not win because of him. Fields clearly has more upside but needs to work on some things. Everyone wants to say this is Justin's 3rd year but his 1st year was a total waste. I look at a QB in a second year in the same system. As Poles builds a roster, we need to get a coach that plans according to his talent. Getsy wants to make Justin a pocket passer and  I think you have to play to his strengths. Yes he has to learn to stand in the pocket but not 95% of the time. 

They have 8 games to prove themselves. Now its Fields turn again. If we end  going with these two next year, clearly we need new coaching.

Fields needs to come back on THU against CAR. 

Velus needs to be cut, what a waste of a roster spot. Claypool and Velus have been Poles' biggest mistakes to date. With Velus being older, that was already a red flag that his game might not transfer to the NFL. Then after all the drops, and an entire offseason to hone his craft he is still dropping balls. 

17 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

In the meantime, another game with no sacks...

And the defense is playing better. Flus needs to change up some of his D schemes. When you play zone, all of the underneath is open on quick throws , near impossible to get sacks. Where do we get attacked, underneath.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

And the defense is playing better. Flus needs to change up some of his D schemes. When you play zone, all of the underneath is open on quick throws , near impossible to get sacks. Where do we get attacked, underneath.

Sanborn in man coverage is not a good thing.   Backup safety Hicks in man coverage is not good to watch either.  

10 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I've been high on Bagent's ability since the beginning - I just think it's early to call him your franchise QB. There are questions around his arm strength on long passes.

As for Fields, we will just agree to disagree. But Im not putting a ceiling on Bagent, but neither am I going into next year with him as the presumed starter without a top pick rookie behind him.

I think it is Bagent lack of arm strength that drives the downfield inaccuracy. Those two picks were just bad balls (way behind the guy). He has to see if he can continue to develop arm strength and really work on that accuracy. He has a lot of moxie so I could see it happening with some time. Good developmemtal qb.