QUICK HITS - Pick 3 Points and Give a Brief Explanation...

madlithuanian

1.  Despite what I want, Eberflus is staying I believe.  I simply don't think he has what it takes as a HC to get us to the promised land. 

2. I'm fine with whatever Poles does at QB.  Going JF1 or drafting a new guy.  Poles has done well enough in his time here that I'm willing to let him do what he feels is best.  As always, I reserve the right to disagree with it, if the moves proves incorrect.  But, I'll damn well support whoever is under center next season. 

3. Pardon my French, but F&*K I wanna beat GB so bad!!!!  Sure, evidence points that we will lose for the 10th time in a row...   But, dammit I want this!

Cheers fellas!

8 minutes ago, madlithuanian said:

1.  Despite what I want, Eberflus is staying I believe.  I simply don't think he has what it takes as a HC to get us to the promised land. 

2. I'm fine with whatever Poles does at QB.  Going JF1 or drafting a new guy.  Poles has done well enough in his time here that I'm willing to let him do what he feels is best.  As always, I reserve the right to disagree with it, if the moves proves incorrect.  But, I'll damn well support whoever is under center next season. 

3. Pardon my French, but F&*K I wanna beat GB so bad!!!!  Sure, evidence points that we will lose for the 10th time in a row...   But, dammit I want this!

Cheers fellas!

1. I agree, but he is a baby HC, and he has improved. If he keeps improving, he might be able to get there. 

2. Yep, I am good either way, would be sad to see Fields go, but understand the business. In Poles I Trust!

3. Yeah man, I am soooo sick of that team, it is crazy. Even their bloggers and beat reporters are annoying. Just like whipping DET, it be such an amazing way to go into the offseason. 

11 minutes ago, adam said:

1. I agree, but he is a baby HC, and he has improved. If he keeps improving, he might be able to get there. 

2. Yep, I am good either way, would be sad to see Fields go, but understand the business. In Poles I Trust!

3. Yeah man, I am soooo sick of that team, it is crazy. Even their bloggers and beat reporters are annoying. Just like whipping DET, it be such an amazing way to go into the offseason. 

1.  Solid points.  I do hope, he has learned and will be better.  Billicheck looked horrible in his first gig...  Not going there, but it would be nice to finally get it right.

3.  Detroit will never come close to how irritating GB is to me!  It's like 1A vs F.  I hate no other team in any other sport on earth more than I hate Green Bay!  At some point, doesn't the pendulum have to swing the other way?  I'm not expecting it to.  But, I do want it to!

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 9.00.42 AM.png

7 minutes ago, madlithuanian said:

1.  Solid points.  I do hope, he has learned and will be better.  Billicheck looked horrible in his first gig...  Not going there, but it would be nice to finally get it right.

3.  Detroit will never come close to how irritating GB is to me!  It's like 1A vs F.  I hate no other team in any other sport on earth more than I hate Green Bay!  At some point, doesn't the pendulum have to swing the other way?  I'm not expecting it to.  But, I do want it to!

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 9.00.42 AM.png

Very true on DET, there really is no comparison. GB is the worst. It is a family tradition to hate the Packers. 

27 minutes ago, madlithuanian said:

The locker room is good and the defense has improved greatly.  Unless he blows this game, I believe he stays.

28 minutes ago, madlithuanian said:

Same.  Poles has earned my trust, far beyond what my opinion is.

18 minutes ago, adam said:

💯 🔥. My brother, who I want to kill every football season, is a packer fan.  The owner (Rodgers) just made a comment yesterday and said he's not sure it's a rivalry anymore.  My his Achilles rot and get a flesh eating bacteria!  Even Carmen and Jurko are saying the rivalry is diminished.  It's alive and strong in Bears fans hearts.  We're looking for that Phoenix to ride from ashes!

31 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

The locker room is good and the defense has improved greatly.  Unless he blows this game, I believe he stays.

Same.  Poles has earned my trust, far beyond what my opinion is.

💯 🔥. My brother, who I want to kill every football season, is a packer fan.  The owner (Rodgers) just made a comment yesterday and said he's not sure it's a rivalry anymore.  My his Achilles rot and get a flesh eating bacteria!  Even Carmen and Jurko are saying the rivalry is diminished.  It's alive and strong in Bears fans hearts.  We're looking for that Phoenix to ride from ashes!

3.  Right on!   (Rivalry: competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field).   I think it's still a legit rivalry.  They just have been handing our asses to us for decades.  I'm tired of it.  But I've started to become numb to it.  The losing that is.  The hate is still there! 

1) Considering Flus losing his D coordinator, Fields getting injured, injuries all over the oline and the media scrutiny, I think he’s done well and winning out should be rewarded with another year. If he is retained I hope he continues calling play on defense. 

2) I have stayed on Fields side because the situation he as been placed in wasn’t ideal and is getting better and he and the team seem to be on an ascending trajectory. I’m for getting as much as possible for the number one pick and strengthening the team. 

3) I hate the Packers and it still irks me when I think about the dirty ‘expletive’ Charles Martin and his cheap shot hit on Jim McMahon. I hate the Packers as much as Liverpool in the EPL and that’s because I support Manchester United. Here’s hoping both of my teams can come out of the slumps and become perennial winners. 

12 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And Justin responded shortly after Dbag Rodgers commented:  

IMG_6382.jpeg

Doesn't sound sound like a response to Rodgers.  Justin just needs to shut them all up.  I wanna see him Lambeau leap to then do the championship belt right in the camera.

1. Flus has done a decent job with what he's been given, but it's still been a 2 year audition where he made a ton of unforced errors in situational football, timeouts, 4th and 1, overly safe. The guy blew three games we had big late leads in. But I don't think I need to say he is terrible to think he should be replaced. He isnt a secret weapon that gives you an edge in beating good teams, and that alone is reason to search for another coach.  Bears will bring him back, but they shouldn't.

2. Fields has had a glaring set of weaknesses I've chronicled here many times. Last week against Atlanta, he showed some things he really hadnt before outside of the scripted plays. Can he sustain it? It's hard to know. If you ignore the treasure of trading down that first pick, and get a guy like Penix (or others), you might be better off than with Fields. When you include the picks it's much harder to say. Poles is gonna keep Fields though.

3. Kevin Warren is going to have to become our GM, because Poles is too close with the players. I saw him hugging guys when they told them they made the Pro Bowl. Poles seems like a loyal guy. If he's keeping Flus and Fields, it might be time to ask whether he's able to move on from good players that he has emotional ties to. He's done well bringing players in, but good teams move on from good players and keep the draft pipeline going. Can Poles do that? What does Warren think about that?

3 hours ago, 50england50 said:

1) Considering Flus losing his D coordinator, Fields getting injured, injuries all over the oline and the media scrutiny, I think he’s done well and winning out should be rewarded with another year. If he is retained I hope he continues calling play on defense. 

2) I have stayed on Fields side because the situation he as been placed in wasn’t ideal and is getting better and he and the team seem to be on an ascending trajectory. I’m for getting as much as possible for the number one pick and strengthening the team. 

3) I hate the Packers and it still irks me when I think about the dirty ‘expletive’ Charles Martin and his cheap shot hit on Jim McMahon. I hate the Packers as much as Liverpool in the EPL and that’s because I support Manchester United. Here’s hoping both of my teams can come out of the slumps and become perennial winners. 

3.  Martin's ultimate most grievous cheap shot get me riled up like no tomorrow!

22 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

1. Flus has done a decent job with what he's been given, but it's still been a 2 year audition where he made a ton of unforced errors in situational football, timeouts, 4th and 1, overly safe. The guy blew three games we had big late leads in. But I don't think I need to say he is terrible to think he should be replaced. He isnt a secret weapon that gives you an edge in beating good teams, and that alone is reason to search for another coach.  Bears will bring him back, but they shouldn't.

2. Fields has had a glaring set of weaknesses I've chronicled here many times. Last week against Atlanta, he showed some things he really hadnt before outside of the scripted plays. Can he sustain it? It's hard to know. If you ignore the treasure of trading down that first pick, and get a guy like Penix (or others), you might be better off than with Fields. When you include the picks it's much harder to say. Poles is gonna keep Fields though.

3. Kevin Warren is going to have to become our GM, because Poles is too close with the players. I saw him hugging guys when they told them they made the Pro Bowl. Poles seems like a loyal guy. If he's keeping Flus and Fields, it might be time to ask whether he's able to move on from good players that he has emotional ties to. He's done well bringing players in, but good teams move on from good players and keep the draft pipeline going. Can Poles do that? What does Warren think about that?

3.  Warren is a wild card.  We literally have no idea what his role really is and what his inclinations are.  He could literally be here just for the new stadium.  Or could also have a huge say in operations.  We won't know until this off-season.  Or maybe even another.  Because, in theory, all he could do is replace Poles.  Then whoever is hired deals w/ coaches,etc.  So if he's supposed to do nothing, and does nothing, it somewhat could be perceived as he was fine w Poles and things as they are.  Literally any scenario this season can be justified.

3 minutes ago, madlithuanian said:

Literally any scenario this season can be justified.

thats the best argument for firing everyone. you want to KNOW youre good, and if you dont, youre not.

10 minutes ago, madlithuanian said:

3.  Martin's ultimate most grievous cheap shot get me riled up like no tomorrow!

Now my blood pressure is up.  We were on our way to back to back Superbowls when that happened.  That piece of shit, Forest Gregg probably put him up to it.  Also remember them throwing Walter over the bench 15 yards out of bounds.

2 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Now my blood pressure is up.  We were on our way to back to back Superbowls when that happened.  That piece of shit, Forest Gregg probably put him up to it.  Also remember them throwing Walter over the bench 15 yards out of bounds.

3.  You know it!!!!  

8 hours ago, adam said:

I think he definitely hasn't shined as a HC, but his first year the roster was stripped down to probably the worst in the league. In his second year, he has shown growth and kept the players together with all the losing. That's hard to do. Poles picked him so he will have more patience than the fan base does. In today's society, everyone wants instant success, that's just hard to do. If we ever want stability it won't come changing coaches every two years.

1. I appreciate that his players seem to like him and going through a lot of weird stuff this year, but also can't deny that Flus' decisions has lost games this year.  Maybe he's getting better. But I can't forget that the Bears lost three games where they had a lead in the fourth quarter and he's a defensive guy.  I'm not sold.

2. I think Getsy has the most riding on the Packers game.  He's had some of his own head-scratching decisions from a play calling standpoint.  He needs to prove he believes in the offense, and Fields, to make his case to stay.

3.  The question Poles needs to answer is: Is it more important to me to be competitive or to win a Super Bowl?  I think Fields gives you the best chance to be competitive in the short term and going forward.  I think Williams/Maye, if you get the pick right and believe in the player from a skill and a mental standpoint, gives you best chance to eventually win a Super Bowl.

53 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

I think Getsy has the most riding on the Packers game.  He's had some of his own head-scratching decisions from a play calling standpoint.  He needs to prove he believes in the offense, and Fields, to make his case to stay.

This will be a test of his ingenuity. Since he came from this system LaFleur will know what to do to blunt any ‘system’ calls. Thankfully Berry has been struggling with his defensive play calling and very nearly lost his job.  Gotta think this’ll be a test of Justin’s ability to also (smartly) audible out when necessary. 

6 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

3. Kevin Warren is going to have to become our GM, because Poles is too close with the players. I saw him hugging guys when they told them they made the Pro Bowl. Poles seems like a loyal guy.

Poles is a player’s GM.  Since he’s used to being in the locker room that’s where he feels comfortable. If the players are ok with it and he’s able to make the tough decisions when it matters (as you say) then I have no issue with it.

Gotta think Ian Cunningham is due some credit to Poles and the team’s success in drafting and personnel management.  I suspect he’ll be gone this year. I read the Commanders and Raiders are eyeballing him for GM.  The silver lining is that if he gets hires as GM the Bears get another draft pick or two (?)

Yes I think Ian is helping a lot.

But as far as Poles imagine this - youre in a tough negotiation with a player youve been hugging in the locker room - doesnt the player think they can hold out for a little more because "poles loves me man, hes not gonna cut or trade me over a few bucks" and lets say the love deosnt affect Poles and he cuts or trades him - could he have kept him at a lower number of the player (and their agent) didnt think Poles loved them so much?

its a conflict and a problem I think.

I have really liked Poles; moves so far. I think hes doing a great job. I just think he needs to be less friendly with the players. Brad Pitt wasnt friendly with the As when he was GM, he didnt even fly with them, and he made Jonah Hill do it. :P

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

But as far as Poles imagine this - youre in a tough negotiation with a player youve been hugging in the locker room - doesnt the player think they can hold out for a little more because "poles loves me man, hes not gonna cut or trade me over a few bucks" and lets say the love deosnt affect Poles and he cuts or trades him - could he have kept him at a lower number of the player (and their agent) didnt think Poles loved them so much?

I have really liked Poles; moves so far. I think hes doing a great job. I just think he needs to be less friendly with the players. Brad Pitt wasnt friendly with the As when he was GM, he didnt even fly with them, and he made Jonah Hill do it. :P

It is a fine line and we only have access to what is given. Having a boss that gives love makes you feel better and helps you to perform that way too.  The employee has to know that they need to meet the expectations or meet the door.  I get love and the don't ever let that happen again from my boss, so I respect him for the boundaries. 

7 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Gee Whiz, it seems you are looking for a reason to not like the guy. 

I see nothing wrong with Poles' behavior. If the player doesn't produce he'll be cut or traded. If a player refuses to sign for a reasonable offer, he can leave. I don't think Poles showing his "love" for the players will affect his decision making. More importantly, I have no doubt in my mind that no matter how many "hugs" they receive from Poles, they know he will fulfill his obligations to the team first when push comes to shove. 

8 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

GM's would cut or trade there own mother.  In the professional sports world, you're fam untill you're not.

Same applies to Justin.  The locker room will deal with it.

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

Gee Whiz, it seems you are looking for a reason to not like the guy. 

I see nothing wrong with Poles' behavior. If the player doesn't produce he'll be cut or traded. If a player refuses to sign for a reasonable offer, he can leave. I don't think Poles showing his "love" for the players will affect his decision making. More importantly, I have no doubt in my mind that no matter how many "hugs" they receive from Poles, they know he will fulfill his obligations to the team first when push comes to shove. 

no Im not. please dont make this some kind of personal issue that I have some kind of personal problem with Poles. Im not looking for anything any more than youre looking for a reason to think I have a problem. Are you? Me either.

This is coming from the idea that Im a negative person looking for problems, which was Stingers narrative about my criticisms of Fields. Please dont buy into that crap.

I have said nothing but good things about him, and I want us to keep him. Hes doing an excellent job,

But its the coaches job to love the players, and I think the GM should keep more distance. Its a conflict of interest.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

GM's would cut or trade there own mother.  In the professional sports world, you're fam untill you're not.

Same applies to Justin.  The locker room will deal with it.

like I said, if a player believes Poles loves him, they may hold out for more money, and it may make deals harder to make. As one example of why its a conflict even if it doesnt prevent Poles from being tough - it sends incorrect signals.