The Chicago Bears are on the clock! OFFSEASON OPEN THREAD!

adam

• JCJ is an immediate starter that would help our line no matter the qb.

If the Bears can get #8 overall for JF and next years 2nd you have to do it.  Trade 1 to 2, 2 to 4, and 4 to 15. Leaves you with 8, 9, 15, 27. If that doesn't have Daniels, TURNER, JCJ, AND either falling of the first round graded 3T's Idk what else you could ask for with our third rounder and Washington's 2nd rounder to get a safety and more OL depth. I think we need another G

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

IDK if you've seen Pix but I do the fleecing. I don't get fleeced. JF for 8 and next years second is straight up fleecing ATL

Crap. I miss read the post. I thought it was Justin and OUR 2nd from next year for Atlanta's 2024 first Rd pick. If you're saying, we get Atlanta's 2025 2nd in addition to their 2024 1st for Justin, Hell, yes! I'd love that trade.

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

Give up next year's 2nd, Hell No! Play hardball. Get top return or keep JF. I'm tired of the Bears giving away players in trades. Other teams get a King's bounty for players, we always seem to get crap.

I would be okay with Bears getting #8 overall for Fields and one of our 2nd rounders next year.  I would than have the Bears probably move down with one of the #8 or #9 picks to get back a 2nd rounder this year or more.  Or I would just be fine with it (next year the Bears would still have all of their picks - they just lose the Panthers 2nd rounder) and in this draft they could take QB at #1, OT/DT/WR at 8 & 9. I would argue go all offense - so take QB at 1, LT at 8, WR at 9...than write a giant check for Hunter (FA) and resign Jaylon Johnson.  

Draft another wideout or sign Samuel or whomever in FA (or for all I care bring back Mooney on 1yr prove it deal).  

I was under the impression that it was the Bears swapping picks and getting a 2nd:

Bears get #8, #43
Falcons get #9, Fields

So the Bears move up one slot basically assuring they would get one of the top 3 WRs, Bowers, or Alt, assuming 3 QBs go in the top 7. If they were at #9, there is a chance that 3 QBs, top 3 WRs, Bowers and Alt are gone. Then it would more than likely be Edge or DT. 

37 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Crap. I miss read the post. I thought it was Justin and OUR 2nd from next year for Atlanta's 2024 first Rd pick. If you're saying, we get Atlanta's 2025 2nd in addition to their 2024 1st for Justin, Hell, yes! I'd love that trade.

Oh - I misread it the other way and was still good - but yes - I agree with you - getting 8 and a 2nd rounder for Fields is ridiculously good (but I don't see that happening in a million years).  Getting 8 for Fields would be incredible in and of itself (and I'll be honest - I see zero scenario that is realistic).

Now a scenario where Bears get 2nd rounder this year and than a conditional 1st next year (or no worse than 2nd). Say if he makes the pro bowl it becomes a 1st (or throws X TD's or whatever it is) and if he doesn't, than we get a 2nd...that seems like solid value.  

Just now, adam said:

I was under the impression that it was the Bears swapping picks and getting a 2nd:

Bears get #8, #43
Falcons get #9, Fields

So the Bears move up one slot basically assuring they would get one of the top 3 WRs, Bowers, or Alt, assuming 3 QBs go in the top 7. If they were at #9, there is a chance that 3 QBs, top 3 WRs, Bowers and Alt are gone. Then it would more than likely be Edge or DT. 

Yeah - and I'll be honest, I have no issue with this deal. I also don't have an issue if Bears than opt to move down a few spots from 8 (to a team wanting a QB) and pick up another 2nd round pick. Given the wideout and oline depth in this draft - I would love to have 2 picks in 2nd round to address those spots.  

17 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

This could be the best offset of y'all lives y'all! It would be so nice to be able to talk shit (and mean it) to my freak ass cousins who are GB fans.

finally! those cheesheads have NO idea how lucky they were to have those QBs, and how bad they choked not winning or going to more SBs with them.

Brady and Mahomes were AFC too, so they should have been able to at least get there...

8 hours ago, adam said:

You nailed it, that is the evaluation. I think Fields becomes the fall back plan. They weigh the pros and cons of each scenario, then pick the best one for the org.

Also, I don't know if any of you have seen this guy on socials, but he always annouces he is a former NFL scout, blah blah blah. There is a reason he is a FORMER scout. Check out his mock draft from last year, it is ugly: 

https://firstroundmock.com/2022/04/2022-nfl-draft-ex-jets-scout-releases-new-shocking-first-round-mock-draft/

Not all scouts  are good at their job, Ourlads are former scouts that run a evaluation service that 16 teams use during their process. Their top 32 always look different that most so called experts. They always are pretty accurate with the top 32 players, not as for as which team takes them but who is .

21 hours ago, adam said:

No decision made yet, but when Poles says Fields needs to be better in 2-minute situations and Flus says his QB needs to win in 2-minute situations, it feels like they are laying out their plan. Can it change, absolutely, but to me, it feels like they are just waiting for a trade partner for Fields compared to the #1 pick. 

Here is Poles with Florio and Simms: 

The last question to Poles was the NFLs 2024 cap raise. Their will be an additional 30 million added which will change a lot of the decisions from GMs. Players that were on the verge of being cut may be kept. It all seems great knowing we get that much more but it also shrinks the pool of players that may have been in the market.  It will also raise players demands for more money.  Poles was surprised, so he didn't see that coming.  He should have extended Jaylon during the season and might have got him at a bargain.  It also helps Poles if he decides to hold on to JF even if he drafts a QB. If all he gets are 2nd round offers, wait until a team's starter QB goes down with a season ending injury and the price just went up. 

5 hours ago, killakrzydav said:
  • JCJ is an immediate starter that would help our line no matter the qb.

If the Bears can get #8 overall for JF and next years 2nd you have to do it.  Trade 1 to 2, 2 to 4, and 4 to 15. Leaves you with 8, 9, 15, 27. If that doesn't have Daniels, TURNER, JCJ, AND either falling of the first round graded 3T's Idk what else you could ask for with our third rounder and Washington's 2nd rounder to get a safety and more OL depth. I think we need another G

Would love that to happen but probably not realistic.

1 minute ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

The last question to Poles was the NFLs 2024 cap raise. Their will be an additional 30 million added which will change a lot of the decisions from GMs. Players that were on the verge of being cut may be kept. It all seems great knowing we get that much more but it also shrinks the pool of players that may have been in the market.  It will also raise players demands for more money.  Poles was surprised, so he didn't see that coming.  He should have extended Jaylon during the season and might have got him at a bargain.  It also helps Poles if he decides to hold on to JF even if he drafts a QB. If all he gets are 2nd round offers, wait until a team's starter QB goes down with a season ending injury and the price just went up. 

At the beginning of the year, JJ was a good CB but didn't have the TOs , probably talked to him but JJ was willing to bet on himself and staring getting the TOs. Now he's getting more money. I would say Poles is probably slightly less than the top paid CB. He always has the tag to use, he's not going anywhere.

4 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Sounds like that gives us the opportunity for a couple of poison pill contracts.

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

That's how I read it.  So, it would be 1, 8 and 9.  We could make multiple trades from there.

I heard the offer proposed was to flip 8-9 and a second, not a 8 by itself. It's not an extra one, just higher pick.

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

If we trade the first few picks and Justin,  then Poles drafts a  Nix or McCarthy that probably wouldn't start his first year could Bagent get us thru a development period? Just a hypothesis. 

I think if you draft a QB in later rounds, like McCarthy or Nix, they sit while Justin starts.  Or rather they compete in training camp for the spot.  (Oops my bias once again appears.  🙊).  That’s assuming you’ll have traded the #1 for capital. 

As far as the “red flags” being raised on Williams the closer we get to draft day? Hell yes I’m concerned. 

• adam unfeatured this topic