Which Rookie QB should we draft to replace Fields?

BearFan PHX

43 minutes ago, jason said:

Right? Call me sexist, but I just can’t trust her opinion in a male dominated sport. I don’t think she is REALLY getting the scoop. She’s getting platitudes and courtesy, but that’s it.

To be fair, there are some really good female football analysts out there.  Mina Kimes comes to mind and I’d agree the aforementioned Courtney Cronin is another.  

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jason said:

Right? Call me sexist, but I just can’t trust her opinion in a male dominated sport. I don’t think she is REALLY getting the scoop. She’s getting platitudes and courtesy, but that’s it.

What is wild is she is on a bunch of different outlets and Fox Sports. Like they are actually paying her a salary to do that? Why? What are her credentials?

I don't mind females in sports media, but unless it is someone like Cynthia Frelund who is doing analytics with math models, I would rather they stick to the sideline reporting and basic sportscasting.

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I have seen her on many videos, her opinions are all over the place. 

in this case she isnt giving an opinion though, shes reporting what people in the league told her.

25 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

in this case she isnt giving an opinion though, shes reporting what people in the league told her.

Or did they tell her?

I do not remember the name of the female reporter who admitted in an interview (and then tried to walk it back) that as a sideline reporter in the NFL, she quite often made up reports on what she was told by coaches during half-time. She worked for a major network, I believe Fox, but am not sure.

17 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Or did they tell her?

I do not remember the name of the female reporter who admitted in an interview (and then tried to walk it back) that as a sideline reporter in the NFL, she quite often made up reports on what she was told by coaches during half-time. She worked for a major network, I believe Fox, but am not sure.

well, I mean, you could literally question anything, but you'd have to have some reason to think that for it to be plausible.

I suppose you could think any reporter is lying about anything. Usually when any of us think that, myself included, it's because they said something that I didnt agree with - in politics for example.

And when it comes to opinions, then it's very easy not to just blindly agree with whatever is said. When its something reported about first hand conversations, it's more likely to be true.

But I think you'd have to have some previous example of her lying to really make it stick? The reason that sideline reporter's admission was a scandal is that it is pretty rare.

And all Cronin said was that word around the league in first hand conversations shes had, is that everyone would trade Justin and draft a rookie. And I just heard that again from one of the other Bears beat writers yesterday too: that he was hearing all the personnel people in the league that he spoke to personally, who arent on the Bears, or on a team looking for a QB (they both made that point) so in other words people without a reason to lie for this draft, all said you draft the rookie and the decision wasnt close.

It does seem to be a commonly held belief in the league by the pros.

Now, you know me, I believe my own eyes rather than expert opinion, so its OK to not trust her. And often I'm agreeing with expert opinions too. But to my eye it's a no-brainer re: Justin.

It's OK that you and others disagree with that. I think it's wrong of course, just like you think I'm wrong. But that's gotta be OK and allowed, it's what we do here.

I havent really heard anyone make a case about what they've seen on film that makes them think that Fields would be able to make first-read throws across the middle in rhythm for non scripted (first 15) plays. It's like his achilles heel. It's in all the pre draft writeups on Fields before he even got to the NFL too. And he never got better at it in any consistent way.

So someone would have to either point to some evidence that they think Justin is going to be a totally different QB next year - and I dont mean give a list of excuses of why he failed before, but something he HAS actively done on the field, maybe in the 4th quarter? that indicates that is likely coming for him next year.

**OR** they could argue that a QB doesnt need to be a good passer to be successful, but I think that idea is even worse because you can't point to a single example of a successful QB that wasnt a good passer, and who didnt make throws in structure and tempo. If Justin showed us how to consistently win games as a wildcat RB he'd be the first since the 1920s and the T formation.

**OR** they are simply a fan of Fields, which is understandable since hes such an exciting athlete to watch, and seems like such a good young man. You want Justin to win, like rooting for an underdog. I get it! But I cant agree to base the future of the franchise on that kind of fan love for an underdog. I want the Bears to be favorites in most games they play.

So either there's:

1) a logical reason why you think it's likely Fields will acquire this new skill he hasnt had his entire college and NFL career

OR

2) an argument that a QB doesnt need to be a good passer to win

OR

3) someone is just a Fields fan, and they love him like we all love an underdog, but that means we'd be willing to let the Bears be bad just so we could be fans of a player

and in a sportstalk situation, pointing that out isnt mean or hating on someones opinions. You gotta pick (at least) one of those lanes, or show me another one that doesnt fit into one of those three?

And sometimes when people are forced into admitting that it's #3 they get mad, and try to take it personally. And not just here. It seems all over the internet people are ready for a civil war over Justin - so this dynamic isnt because I'm a mean guy, it's because keeping Fields is an incredibly emotional or divisive topic for whatever reason.

Believe me, I am shocked we dont all agree on this. I really am.

Googled a bit and...

Again, Im a by eye guy, but to the idea that Cronin made up what she reports, here are more articles by various sources claiming the same in their own interviews. So thats independent confirmation?

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/nfl/chicago-bears/7-general-managers-unanimously-agree-they-would-trade-justin-fields-reports/3303856/

it was good enough for Sports Illustrated to repeat it

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/poll-of-unidentified-gms-says-justin-fields-should-be-traded

Here's Brad Biggs, who apparently called his own 5 GMs saying his interviews said the same thing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ve-got-quarterback-brad-biggs-120000889.html

so I dont think Cronin was lying about her conversations with personnel people around the league. Right or wrong, it does seem to be the overwhelming opinion of people in the league.

I think it's time for the pro-Justin crowd to realize that he's probably gone, and that the people who've been saying that for a while are not mean or haters. We were just early to see what is becoming more and more clear.

It's not about having an opinion and then being disrespected. That's 2024 jujitsu for trying to win an argument by claiming victimhood, which is equally poorly paired when the supposed victim is having snippy comebacks. I know you hate all the fighting. I gotta say, a lot of it (and Im talking across the internet on chat sites everywhere, not just here) comes from the pro Justin people being frustrated at how dogged the anti Justin returning people are about what they see as true. And as time is marching on, it's looking more and more like they are right.

And if the move on from Justin people have been right all along, and arguing facts, and the keep Justin people are more meotional, becasue thats why theyre attached to him, then this same dynamic happens across the web.

It might be time for the pro Justin people to realize they were wrong, and stop blaming the move on from Justin people for it. We arent mean. We literally have no idea why you think at this late hour that Justin still has any chance at being a consistent winner, or leading a 4th quarter comeback. Justin isnt a victim. People posting about him and being rebuked with astonished logical comebacks arent victims. This isnt a whole oppression thing.

it's just that Justin isn't very good as a passer. And that's not our faults.

14 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

well, I mean, you could literally question anything, but you'd have to have some reason to think that for it to be plausible.

I suppose you could think any reporter is lying about anything. Usually when any of us think that, myself included, it's because they said something that I didnt agree with - in politics for example.

But I think you'd have to have some previous example of her lying to really make it stick?

All she said was that word around the league is that everyone would trade Justin and draft a rookie. And I just heard that again from one of the other Bears beat writers yesterday too. That they are hearing all the personnel people in the league that they talk to, who arent on the Bears, or on a team looking for a QB (they made that point) so in other words people without a reason to lie for this draft, all said you draft the rookie.

It does seem to be a commonly held belief in the league by the pros.

Now, you know me, I believe my own eyes rather than expert opinion. And often I am agreeing with expert opinions too. But to my eye it's a no-brainer re: Justin.

It's OK that you and others disagree with that. I think it's wrong of course, just like you think I'm wrong. But that's gotta be OK and allowed, it's what we do here.

I havent really heard anyone make a case about what they've seen on film that makes them think that Fields would be able to make first-read throws across the middle in rhythm for non scripted (first 15) plays. It's like his achilles heel. It's in all the pre draft writeups on Fields before he even got to the NFL too. he never got better at it in any consistent way.

So someone would have to either point to some evidence that they think Justin is going to be a totally different QB next year - and i dont mean give a list of excuses of why he failed before, but something he HAS done on the field, maybe in the 4th quarter? that indicates that is likely coming for him.

**OR** they could argue that a QB doesnt need to be a good passer to be successful, but I think that idea is even worse because you can't point to a single example of a successful QB that wasnt a good passer, and who didnt make throws in structure and tempo. If Justin showed us how to consistently win games as a wildcat RB he'd be the first since the 1920s and the T formation.

**OR** they are simply a fan of Fields, which is understandable since hes such an exciting athlete to watch, and seems like such a good young man. You want Justin to win, like rooting for an underdog. I get it! But I cant agree to base the future of the franchise on the kind of fan love for an underdog. I want the Bears to be favorites in most games they play.

So either theres:

1) a logical reason why you think it is likely Fields will acquire this new skill he hasnt had his entire college and NFL career

OR

2) an argument that a QB doesnt need to be a good passer to win

OR

3) someone is just a Fields fan, and they love him like we all love an underdog, but that means we'd be willing to let the Bears be bad just so we could be fans of a player

and in a sportstalk situation, pointing that out isnt mean or hating on someones opinions. You gotta pick (at least) on of those lanes, or show me another one that doesnt fit into one of those three?

and sometimes when people are forced into admitting that it's #3 they get mad, and try to take it personally. And not just here. It seems all over the internet people are ready for a civil war over Justin - so this dynamic isnt because Im a mean guy, it's because keeping Fields is an incredibly divisive topic for whatever reason.

Believe me, I am shocked we dont all agree on this. I really am.

I am not shocked that you feel we should all agree with you on this.

The day you posted on this forum to die-hard Bears' fans that when you look at Justin Fields, you do not see a quarterback but instead see a piece of shit, I predicted from that day forward you would never be able to view Justin Fields without a prejudiced eye.

Just as you sincerely believe Poles' objectivity is compromised because he hugs a player in a locker room, I feel you have lost your objectivity when it comes to Fields.

That is not to say you are wrong. You very well might be correct in your assessment. Maybe he is a piece of shit. Maybe he will never become a franchise quarterback or even one rated in the top 10 by the number crunchers.

However, some of us would like to keep Justin around for one more year (and still draft a QB to develop behind him in case, God forbid, you are right) to see if he is "fool's gold" or a "hidden treasure."

How would he perform if:

1) What if he had an improved OL that gave him confidence when he dropped back in the pocket? How many times did I see him make a 3 to 5-step drop, and before he could even set his back foot to throw, he found the blitzing defender, beat him to the spot, and tried to decapitate him?

2) What if he had better receivers? Yes, DJ and Cole are awesome. But when that is all you must depend on, the opposing DC can take away their edge by scheming. If Justin had another WR he could depend on in the lineup (and this year's draft has some awesome talent at WR), how would that affect Fields' performance?

3) What if he had an OC who knew what the hell he was doing? An OC that could design an offense around his amazing talents and not try to force him into a template. An OC who knew how to call plays to counter the defensive schemes being used against us. An OC who knew how to make adjustments on the fly?

4) What if this OC had a history of shaving 1+ seconds off of a QB's release time? One that has proven to be able to work with mobile QBs?

Hell, I have no answer to those questions. I would love to have one more year to find out!

Again,

1) Keep Justin.

2) Trade back and get a ton of blue-chip players to continue to upgrade our starting lineup.

3) Draft a good prospect at QB early to groom behind Justin.

That would be my plan, which doesn't fit either of your three options.

28 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Googled a bit and...

Again, Im a by eye guy, but to the idea that Cronin made up what she reports, here are more articles by various sources claiming the same in their own interviews. So thats independent confirmation?

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/nfl/chicago-bears/7-general-managers-unanimously-agree-they-would-trade-justin-fields-reports/3303856/

it was good enough for Sports Illustrated to repeat it

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/poll-of-unidentified-gms-says-justin-fields-should-be-traded

Here's Brad Biggs, who apparently called his own 5 GMs saying his interviews said the same thing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ve-got-quarterback-brad-biggs-120000889.html

so I dont think Cronin was lying about her conversations with personnel people around the league. Right or wrong, it does seem to be the overwhelming opinion of people in the league.

I think it's time for the pro-Justin crowd to realize that he's probably gone, and that the people who've been saying that for a while are not mean or haters. We were just early to see what is becoming more and more clear.

It's not about having an opinion and then being disrespected. That's 2024 jujitsu for trying to win an argument by claiming victimhood, which is equally poorly paired when the supposed victim is having snippy comebacks. I know you hate all the fighting. I gotta say, a lot of it (and Im talking across the internet on chat sites everywhere, not just here) comes from the pro Justin people being frustrated at how dogged the anti Justin returning people are about what they see as true. And as time is marching on, it's looking more and more like they are right.

And if the move on from Justin people have been right all along, and arguing facts, and the keep Justin people are more meotional, becasue thats why theyre attached to him, then this same dynamic happens across the web.

It might be time for the pro Justin people to realize they were wrong, and stop blaming the move on from Justin people for it. We arent mean. We literally have no idea why you think at this late hour that Justin still has any chance at being a consistent winner, or leading a 4th quarter comeback. Justin isnt a victim. People posting about him and being rebuked with astonished logical comebacks arent victims. This isnt a whole oppression thing.

it's just that Justin isn't very good as a passer. And that's not our faults.

I am not saying she made this up, but you can't always trust the columnists trying to gain an audience to further themselves. That is what I meant by the question. 

For every report that says we should dump Fields, I am sure there is one saying we should keep him. I know for a fact that others have posted columnists who feel Justin should not be traded. However, you tend to ignore any positive report, instead wanting to find a counterargument. 

So Pix, I dont think Fields is a piece of shit. Ive said lots of good things about him. I think this is evidence of the mindset of how the keep Justin people view people that dont agree with them as being Justin haters who have some personality issue behind it.

I consistently say that Justin is one of the best runners as a QB in NFL history. I say that he is a hard worker. I say that he is a leader and well liked, and likeable. And I say that he is a human highlight reel doing anything except throwing in tempo and structure of an offense.

I dont say that about Trubisky, or Kyler Murray or a lot of QBs. So I dont hate Justin. I was thrilled when we drafted him.

But he simply hasnt developed that missing part of his game. And that part was commonly found in every predraft writeup of Fields too. This isnt just me saying it. And it isnt because of how the Bears have handled him, becasue it was his biggest weakness coming out of college too.

I did call him a turd once or twice here out of all the posts Ive made. A piece of shit is a jerk who should be hated, a turd is someone falling short of successful. Thats how I meant it anyway. He fell flat of his potential. Thats what I mean when I say hes a turd.

But the place this gets personal (in general, nothing you said was bad Pix) is when you think that we move on from Justin types are thinking that way because we need to be right, or hate Justin or some other personality flaw. And I think the reason that keep Justin types are feeling that way is because they are feeling attacked by all the data that says Fields is a bust. And they really like Fields. Unlike a lot of QBs, I join you in really liking Justin Fields the person. So you may feel like a friend is being criticized or something, so naturally you think the person criticizing is a bully. Who would pick on poor Justin?

Or to be rooting for the underdog. Anyone that isnt rooting for the underdog is a bully. But that's BS. I want us to be great, not just nice to an underperforming player.

So youre 100% wrong about me and what motivates me. And you dont see that it's thinking THAT that brings the personal feeling to this. We arent bullies. We arent mean. We think Fields is a terrible pocket passer, and he IS.

You gave a bunch of excuses for why Fields did poorly. They mostly make sense too. I agree with most if not all of them. But none of it is any evidence of Fields showing he has it in him to be great, just evidence that he was failed from outside.

So if you put a 5 year old girl at QB for the Bears for 2023, you could rightly say the OL wasnt good enough and she didnt have receivers too - and it'd be true, but why should that mean that the 5 year old girl would be expected to be good next year with better protection? Shed need to show that she COULD play in structure in consistent flashes.

That's the problem here, no one on the keep Justin side has shown any positive evidence of Fields making reads consistently in any part of the game other than the first scripted 15 plays.

And without any evidence of that, and I dont hear you arguing that passing isnt important to winning like some others have, that leaves you in category 3 - a Justin Fields fan who is rooting for him because you like him, but without any active affirmative reasons to think he will be better as a pocket passer in structure next year. Only excuses why it wasnt his fault that he didnt.

And that's why the whole world is slowly turning to the "Bears are drafting a rookie QB this year" - because the facts demand it. It's just really the only logical answer.

No its Ok for you to think  that's just because Im arrogant and inflexible. But it isnt. It's because Justin will never be a great pocket passer, and I have still not seen any affirmative evidence to the contrary. Only hope and excuses.

So again, I ask, what did Justin show you that tells you he has it in him? Not how did others let him down? But what actually things did Justin do that show you he has this one core skill that it takes to play QB?

No one has offered any. Not just here, but all over the internet.

But my point is that if you start by assuming that the reason I see Justins tape is lacking is because I have some darkness or hate, then it's you thats bringing this into it, not me. It's your blindness to what the tape makes abundantly obvious that sets you up for the wrong interpretation that the move on from Justin people are hateful and mean.

Im not. We're not. Justin aint a good QB. That's both an opinion and a fact, at least so far in his career.

You cant show me the 4th quarter comebacks, you can only say it wasnt his fault.

You cant show me the 300 yard games, you can only say it wasnt his fault.

You cant show me the consistent QBing in structure, you can only say it wasnt his fault.

And the fact that I see it on film isnt MY fault. Until you understand this, youre going to continue to think Im a jerk and a problem. And threaten to leave or boot me or whatever you SHOULD do to real actual bullies.

But this isn't that. You're just not accepting the truth about Justin, and then blaming me for it. And like I said, the internet is FULL of this exact argument over and over with a ton of different people, and the keep Justin people are saying the same things about the move on from Justin people in all those discussions too.

But this aint good v evil here, it's just youre nice, you like Justin, you wanna give the kid another chance, and we did that last year already instead of picking a QB #1. We did it with the idea that because of the Carolina trade, if Justin didnt ball out in 2023, we could draft a QB in 2024.

And we did the experiment. Imperfectly perhaps, but with a true stud WR in Moore, and a first round pick to the OL. And Justin actually regressed from 2022.

Justin is not the future of the Bears, and most if not all NFL people know it, and a lot of internet people know it, and it's OK if you dont like it, but it doesnt make us haters.

Now you are polite about what you say Pix, I dont have a problem with what you say. But not all the Justin homers are nice about it, and when people are nasty, sometimes people are nasty back. We are all men here, and I doubt any of us would put up with nasty crap for too long. I did for a long time. Kept ignoring it because I wanted to be polite on here.

But then I didnt. And if that's the evidence that I hate Justin... well i cant affect whatever youre going to think about me, but I can tell you your psychoanalysis of what drives me and most move on from Justin people is just wrong.

So if you make arguments based on tape, or stats or whatever, fine. But if the latest iteration of this is that I only want to move on from Justin because I am hateful or something, well that's silly. I routinely lay out the logic of my arguments. I did here too. Disagree if you want, but Fields made up my mind for ME, not the other way around.

Oh, and I know you can find opinions abut keeping Fields 50/50 on both sides.

I said that NFL Professionals seem unanimous in being move on from Justin according to first hand accounts from multiple different sources and multiple different conversations by different reporters.

You cant find one article from after November of 2023 where a reporter says a GM or NFL scout says to KEEP Justin.

The best you'll do is a singular voice of Mel Kiper saying Fields is worth a SINGLE first round pick. If Fields had a future, youd see a lot more of those. I dont think any NFL source has suggested that Fields is worth a single first round pick.

What does that tell you? Are we all blind with hatred and bad people? Or are you maybe down a rabbit hole and misjudging the motivations of people because they dont agree with YOU?

Your replies are always challenging for my old eyes. You are the Tolstoy of posters. LOL. If you collected all of the replies you have made in your justification of your opinions about Fields, and posted them in a collection, I dare say it would put "War and Peace" to shame. 🤣

18 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Your replies are always challenging for my old eyes. You are the Tolstoy of posters. LOL. If you collected all of the replies you have made in your justification of your opinions about Fields, and posted them in a collection, I dare say it would put "War and Peace" to shame. 🤣

I fear anything shorter and less detailed would be called just hating.

But the fact that I posted a lot doesnt really rebut the truth of what Ive said. It's just a criticism of it being long, rather than any response to the substance of what I wrote.

In another thread you want us to stop fighting, but you do keep kind of questioning my personality instead of talking about Fields dude.

You havent been mean or anything, and Im not mad, but it's kind of dumb.

17 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Are sure that was Cronin?  She's not in the business of rumors.

No you're right. I totally misremembered. It was Carmen Vitali of FOX Sports, on Adam Rank's podcast. Linked below. Rank seems to agree too that the consensus in the NFL among professionals is to move on from Justin.

And the same was said by others. It seems to be a commonly held view among GMs and personnel people in the league according to at least three different articles about three entirely different sets of conversations with multiple NFL insiders, written by three different authors.

And I think a lot of people think this about Justin now too.

I think theres a lot of confusing fan noise and fan opinion around this that obscures the cold truth, because Fields is so exciting to watch and he is very likeable, but if you look at his production as a QB within structure, it just isn't there. And the pros will see that and maybe fans dont as much because they are biased because they like him, maybe rooting for an underdog? That'd be a hell of a way to build a team though, choosing underdogs, if you wanted to actually win games.

10 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Biggs has said everyone he has talked to have said that is what Bears will/should do. 

That's Carmen Vitale or something like that. People have been saying Cronin. Other GMs opinions may count but most she talks to carries no weight. Poles knows what's best and if he runs back with Fields, screw everyone's else opinion. Its his show to run. He not doing a popularity contest. 

35 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

That's Carmen Vitale or something like that. People have been saying Cronin. Other GMs opinions may count but most she talks to carries no wieght. Poles knows what's best and if he runs back with Fields, screw everyone's else opinion. Its his show to run. He not doing a popularity contest. 

yeah, so no one here can have any opinions that disagree because Poles is in charge not anyone else!

but thats not defensive or fighty at all.

"screw everyone elses opinion"

minutes later...

"youre not respecting my opinion!"

also

"Other GMs opinions may count but most she talks to carries no weight."

how do you know? you dont know who she talked to. Other GMs opinions may count but not the ones she talked to? Just the ones that agree with you maybe?

Im telling you the "those guys over there are mean and intolerant" crowd should look in a mirror.

46 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Biggs has said everyone he has talked to have said that is what Bears will/should do. 

right. Biggs AND Vitale AND Yahoo sports all separately report speaking to separate GROUPS of GMs and all report unanimous agreement about Fields.

It's getting super silly now. This is last years narrative - "give him another year and see if maybe" we DID that. 2023 happened. We have 2 picks in the top 10. Its over.

I cant predict what Poles will do, but I can say with 100% confidence that if he keeps Fields and doesnt draft a top pick rookie QB, it will be a fatal mistake to his career and the roster we are building here.

10 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah, so no one here can have any opinions that disagree because Poles is in charge not anyone else!

but thats not defensive or fighty at all.

"screw everyone elses opinion"

minutes later...

"youre not respecting my opinion!"

also

"Other GMs opinions may count but most she talks to carries no weight."

how do you know? you dont know who she talked to. Other GMs opinions may count but not the ones she talked to? Just the ones that agree with you maybe?

Im telling you the "those guys over there are mean and intolerant" crowd should look in a mirror.

I say only Poles opinion is all that matters and  you say it means( I say no one else can have an opinion.) It amazes me how all you want to do  is turn everything in to a conflict. 

I never said ( you're not respecting my opinion), i always say everyone has a right to have dfferent opinions.

You say ,( you can only argue if you defend your opinion) there again , that's not necessary to give an opinion, you dont make the rules. 

How do I know who she talked to? She states it in the video, she never talked to any GMs, other people. When I post other peoples opinions( former players, former QBs, media that wants to keep Justin), you blow them off because they dont agree with you, yet the people Carmen talked to are important opinions. 

Up until Poles makes this decision, it is going to be a highly debated argument. I have always given you credit for a well thought out opinion yet you keep fighting with anyone who disagrees with you. There is only good and bad choices, there is no right or wrong opinions. We wont know what was the right choice until next year is played. 

10 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

right. Biggs AND Vitale AND Yahoo sports all separately report speaking to separate GROUPS of GMs and all report unanimous agreement about Fields.

It's getting super silly now. This is last years narrative - "give him another year and see if maybe" we DID that. 2023 happened. We have 2 picks in the top 10. Its over.

I cant predict what Poles will do, but I can say with 100% confidence that if he keeps Fields and doesnt draft a top pick rookie QB, it will be a fatal mistake to his career and the roster we are building here.

We agree on something, if Poles makes the wrong decision, he will end up losing his job over it. I will trust him to make the best decision. I dont  need to be right to be happy with any decision but you will freak out if he doesnt take a top 10 pick QB, thats the difference between us. Have your opinion, stay a Bear fan and hope he made the right choice for the future of the Bears even if he keeps Fields. 

18 hours ago, Pixote said:

How would he perform if:

1) What if he had an improved OL that gave him confidence when he dropped back in the pocket? How many times did I see him make a 3 to 5-step drop, and before he could even set his back foot to throw, he found the blitzing defender, beat him to the spot, and tried to decapitate him?

2) What if he had better receivers? Yes, DJ and Cole are awesome. But when that is all you must depend on, the opposing DC can take away their edge by scheming. If Justin had another WR he could depend on in the lineup (and this year's draft has some awesome talent at WR), how would that affect Fields' performance?

3) What if he had an OC who knew what the hell he was doing? An OC that could design an offense around his amazing talents and not try to force him into a template. An OC who knew how to call plays to counter the defensive schemes being used against us. An OC who knew how to make adjustments on the fly?

4) What if this OC had a history of shaving 1+ seconds off of a QB's release time? One that has proven to be able to work with mobile QBs?

Hell, I have no answer to those questions. I would love to have one more year to find out!

Again,

1) Keep Justin.

2) Trade back and get a ton of blue-chip players to continue to upgrade our starting lineup.

3) Draft a good prospect at QB early to groom behind Justin.

That would be my plan, which doesn't fit either of your three options.

❤️❤️❤️