What's next?

adam

8 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Saying he is better than Patrick Mahomes is another red flag. Who would say that? Most rumors probably aren't true but things had to be  said for any of them to gain that much talk. 

That’s not what he said. He said when watches Mahomes, he thinks that there nothing Mahomes does that he can’t do. Which is, I think understandable and kind of aspirational - recognizing that you have the skill set to succeed if you harness it in the same way someone else did.

https://sports.yahoo.com/caleb-williams-says-theres-nothing-224405806.html

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I think the only reason he doesn't come here has to do him wanting to be treated special. Saying the rookie pay scale is unfair and thinking he may be able to change it because he is so good. Saying he is better than Patrick Mahomes is another red flag. Who would say that? Most rumors probably aren't true but things had to be  said for any of them to gain that much talk. 

He can use that excuse anywhere, not just the Bears. My inkling says he doesn't want Chicago because of there awful QB history and how they avoided committing to building around their QBs which included coaching.  He may even see that with JF and possibly why Poles took less capital than rumored was offered to honor JF wish to end this soon and send him to a team of his choice. 

8 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

That’s not what he said. He said when watches Mahomes, he thinks that there nothing Mahomes does that he can’t do. Which is, I think understandable and kind of aspirational - recognizing that you have the skill set to succeed if you harness it in the same way someone else did.

https://sports.yahoo.com/caleb-williams-says-theres-nothing-224405806.html

If you ask a plumber if they can fix your toilet, they say "of course" they dont say "well some people say Im good at plumbing, but golly gee, I mean you know everyones pretty good at it"

If you ask a lawyer "can you handle this case" they will give you a fully confident answer.

But if you ask a musician or an actor or an athlete, theyre supposed to shuffle their feet and act humble. And it's dumb.

Ask Deion Sanders if he could cover people. Or Michael Jordan if he can make a game winning shot.

Caleb knows who he is and visualizes a future. Im in.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

If you ask a plumber if they can fix your toilet, they say "of course" they dont say "well some people say Im good at plumbing, but golly gee, I mean you know everyones pretty good at it"

If you ask a lawyer "can you handle this case" they will give you a fully confident answer.

But if you ask a musician or an actor or an athlete, theyre supposed to shuffle their feet and act humble. And it's dumb.

Ask Deion Sanders if he could cover people. Or Michael Jordan if he can make a game winning shot.

Caleb knows who he is and visualizes a future. Im in.

I've been plumbing  for 53 years and have come across people that actually think their smarter than me and then they call me when they can't figure it out.  Plumbing is more common sense but problem solving comes with experience. People's egoes gets in the way.

Throw back to 2018, Bear selected C James Daniels, Iowa, in the 2nd round.  

They opted to play him at G and let the vet Cody Whitehair start at C. I think they did so because they were on the verge to greatness and wanted a vet making the play calls.  The double doink was the end of that season

Bobbie Massey RT, Kyle Long RG, Cody Whitehair C, James Daniels LG, and Charles Leno LT.

Would our drought at C been fixed if they left him there to learn. Poles let him walk, was that a mistake?   Nate Davis pff graded at 52.9. Tevin Jenkins 72. James Daniels  62.

2 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Add Trubisky for a year or two too. 

I believe Mitch is back in Buffalo.

Then I had some coffee. 😉

OK, Gotcha. Just woke up. Slow this morning. LOL

2 hours ago, dawhizz said:

I see MHJ isn’t even working out for scouts at his pro day. I assume he gets the “princess” tag too?

MHJ has literally ignored EVERYTHING - yet the same people on this board knocking Williams have said nothing about MHJ.  MHJ has literally done nothing - no showed media interviews, no measurements, no workouts, etc.  

On 3/18/2024 at 8:53 PM, Mongo3451 said:

Just for fun...  We all need to remember Joe Namath had the same spirit...IMG_20240318_215143.jpg

Notice the shoes? I was going to say something the other day when this picture was posted, but God forbid I be accused of flaming. I am no expert on shoe trends, but are these designed for the vertically challenged? To me, it looked like the heels were built-in lifts. I never recall seeing a tennis shoe with a sole like that before.

14 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I am no expert on shoe trends, but are these designed for the vertically challenged? To me, it looked like the heels were built-in lifts. I never recall seeing a tennis shoe with a sole like that before.

I'm like you (no expert) but I think that is the new trend with some shoes.  Especially at the higher end.  I think that by design is supposed to be more flexible and 'springy'.  I spent/spend a fair amount of time in road running shoes and I'm seeing more of the soles looking like that (and I'm 6'4").  But I could totally off base.  I can't tell in the picture what brand they are - Reebok?  to give it a better look.  

you and Pix would both look fabulous in high heels and a dress! ;)

WOW this is fun! Im gonna do it more, I see why you guys do it! Feels powerful!

This post brought to you by Diet Coke. ;)

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

Notice the shoes? I was going to say something the other day when this picture was posted, but God forbid I be accused of flaming. I am no expert on shoe trends, but are these designed for the vertically challenged? To me, it looked like the heels were built-in lifts. I never recall seeing a tennis shoe with a sole like that before.

Is it just me but would this ensemble look better with a pleaded belt? This makes him look to skinny, He needs to show more toxic masculinity.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

you and Pix would both look fabulous in high heels and a dress! ;)

WOW this is fun! Im gonna do it more, I see why you guys do it! Feels powerful!

This post brought to you by Diet Coke. ;)

Whatever turns you on, sweetie. 🥰

What color do you paint your nails, or do you use clear polish? 🤣

Sorry, on a serious note.

I prefer my dress to be navy blue with orange highlights. Red makes me look too fat!

If we shorten the dress, I can go commando and flash the grannies in the park!

I might get lucky! 😘

5 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Good at least now I know the speed of traffic around here, and no one will mind if I am just the same :)

Well I'll give you this, you certainly are bringing out a new side in Pix I never knew he had.  🤣

Just to be sure you read my comments correctly, I think Pix was genuinely curious if those were 'lift-enhancing' shoes.  I responded by letting him know what I thought.  🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Well I'll give you this, you certainly are bringing out a new side in Pix I never knew he had.  🤣

Just to be sure you read my comments correctly, I think Pix was genuinely curious if those were 'lift-enhancing' shoes.  I responded by letting him know what I thought.  🤷‍♂️

Yes, I was just curious about the shoes. I had never seen running shoes with those types of soles. Then, as usual, things get out of hand. Now we can see why we have lost so many posters.

9 minutes ago, Pixote said:

Yes, I was just curious about the shoes. I had never seen running shoes with those types of soles. Then, as usual, things get out of hand. Now we can see why we have lost so many posters.

Those are some odd shoes, I don't know if they are necessarily lift shoes or for a specific sport. 

Found them: https://www.cettire.com/products/givenchy-tk-mx-runner-sneakers-923724293/

Givenchy brand, some high end French company that makes all kinds of designer crap. 

12 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

yeah, I was just having fun because of you having some about the hugging comment. It wasnt related to this thread, just like your hugging comment wasnt really part of the other thread either.

1 hour ago, adam said:

Those are some odd shoes, I don't know if they are necessarily lift shoes or for a specific sport. 

Found them: https://www.cettire.com/products/givenchy-tk-mx-runner-sneakers-923724293/

Givenchy brand, some high end French company that makes all kinds of designer crap. 

Yeah Saucony makes the shoe below for short-mid range running. Structurally looks similar but has the cushion plus the middle flex point which I think is what the shoe you found is copying or whatever.  I prefer Hokas because they claim to be like running on clouds. But their soles are incredibly beefy like this one.  Anyway....  

Sauconny shoes.png

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Yeah Saucony makes the shoe below for short-mid range running. Structurally looks similar but has the cushion plus the middle flex point which I think is what the shoe you found is copying or whatever.  I prefer Hokas because they claim to be like running on clouds. But their soles are incredibly beefy like this one.  Anyway....  

Sauconny shoes.png

Didn't Kramer have a similar shoe on Seinfeld?

On 3/17/2024 at 9:35 AM, adam said:

The Bears are still weak at WR3, Edge2, and need at least another rotational piece at DT with the loss of Jones. For upgrades, Center is the most obvious spot not listed. So priority seems to be WR/Edge, then DT, then Center. 

If they stand pat, they have #9, #75, and #122 to address those spots. They have talked about a big drop off in talent in this draft (due to players staying in school due to NIL), so there are fewer mid level players available. I assume that is why Poles has not been shy to dump draft picks later in the draft. 

What would you rather see the Bears do (not what you think they will do) with the draft picks? Do you think it is better to get a no-brainer blue chipper at #9 OR trade back to #17 and pick up something around #48 (using JAX as an example). Would #17 and #48 be better than #9?

I think if Nabers, Odunze, Alt, or the top Edge is there at #9, I think you have to take them. If that group is gone, you definitely move back. I think Alt is the wild card. How do the Bears really feel about Braxton Jones?

Also, if you do move back to #17, and JPJ is there at Center, is he the pick? Would you pick him over Edge? Then try to address Edge at #48 or #75?

Blue chip players are what wins Superbowls so you always take one, or two, when you can, and especially at the premium positions.  The rest you have to backfill one way (FA) or another (draft next year).