Cutler

Boston Boxer

Screw it, i would trade my #1 for Cutler. Hopefully JA is being extremely aggressive on this one. ESPN reported that the Lions, Browns, and Bears are showing interest. It seems as if a trade is the only option right now for Denver.......

Best case scenario:

1. Bears aqcuire Cutler for there 1st round draft pick.

2. Bears re-sign St. Claire

3. Bears sign Holt

4. Bears draft Taits replacement in the 2nd round.

Those 4 things alone will adress many offensive question marks for years to come.

I'm not sure how JA is going to fix the rapidly aging defensive?!?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw it, i would trade my #1 for Cutler. Hopefully JA is being extremely aggressive on this one. ESPN reported that the Lions, Browns, and Bears are showing interest. It seems as if a trade is the only option right now for Denver.......

Best case scenario:

1. Bears aqcuire Cutler for there 1st round draft pick.

2. Bears re-sign St. Claire

3. Bears sign Holt

4. Bears draft Taits replacement in the 2nd round.

Those 4 things alone will adress many offensive question marks for years to come.

I'm not sure how JA is going to fix the rapidly aging defensive?!?

That doesn't look too bad. IMO - Cutler can be Elway or Jeff George. He's at that place in his career in which his resolve will determine how he turns out. IMOx2 - worth the gamble. Orton will never be more than middle of the pack, while Cutler has the 2nd to 3rd arm best I've ever seen.

May I ask where you got that info from?

I actually looked for this last night because I kept seeing it everywhere. All the news articles kept quoting some guy at the Denver Post. I think it is a witch hunt. The original info came from a guy with the Denver Post, don't remeber his name now, and all he really said is that there are 2 teams that Jay Cutler would probably like to be traded to. Those teams being the Titan and Bears. That is not the exact wording, but after looking for about an hour I finally wrote it off as the local newspaper guy speculating as to Cutler's wish list of teams. The Bears because he grew up a fan and the Titans because they have a good team who needs a QB and I believe he lives in TN for part of the year. Hope this helps. If anybody else saw something different let us know. I am really hoping that this speculation turns into reality so I would be happy if somebody did actually find this info somewhere where it came from Cutler or Bus Cook.

That's what Cutler would want...

Not necessarily what the bears want. I've heard nothing that the Bears are even remotely doing any due dilligence on this. Huagh and other media guys are clammoring for it, along with throes of fans...but until the team does anything, it's just hopes and prayers.

I actually looked for this last night because I kept seeing it everywhere. All the news articles kept quoting some guy at the Denver Post. I think it is a witch hunt. The original info came from a guy with the Denver Post, don't remeber his name now, and all he really said is that there are 2 teams that Jay Cutler would probably like to be traded to. Those teams being the Titan and Bears. That is not the exact wording, but after looking for about an hour I finally wrote it off as the local newspaper guy speculating as to Cutler's wish list of teams. The Bears because he grew up a fan and the Titans because they have a good team who needs a QB and I believe he lives in TN for part of the year. Hope this helps. If anybody else saw something different let us know. I am really hoping that this speculation turns into reality so I would be happy if somebody did actually find this info somewhere where it came from Cutler or Bus Cook.

That's what Cutler would want...

Not necessarily what the bears want. I've heard nothing that the Bears are even remotely doing any due dilligence on this. Huagh and other media guys are clammoring for it, along with throes of fans...but until the team does anything, it's just hopes and prayers.

I think the fact that the media is harboring on this and blasting them for there inactivity might be a good thing. I don't always think the fans or media are right, but in this instance I think there is good reason to bitch. Clearly upgrades need to be made and the Bears have the financial resources to do so or should and if they don't, they need to sell a portion of the team to someone with the ability to put in the salary necessary when options are out there. I'm not saying to be like Daniel Snyder and I'm also not going to ignore last off-season where they spent an assload, although I think some of those signings were mistakes and felt so at the time.

The media complaining will get fans ticked and that will put pressure on Phillips, Angelo and Lovie and I think thats a good thing cause a little bit of pressure can be pretty motivating at times.

Good points! I agree! Pressure is pressure!

I think the fact that the media is harboring on this and blasting them for there inactivity might be a good thing. I don't always think the fans or media are right, but in this instance I think there is good reason to bitch. Clearly upgrades need to be made and the Bears have the financial resources to do so or should and if they don't, they need to sell a portion of the team to someone with the ability to put in the salary necessary when options are out there. I'm not saying to be like Daniel Snyder and I'm also not going to ignore last off-season where they spent an assload, although I think some of those signings were mistakes and felt so at the time.

The media complaining will get fans ticked and that will put pressure on Phillips, Angelo and Lovie and I think thats a good thing cause a little bit of pressure can be pretty motivating at times.

Good post. Honestly this is one of those situations where if we aqcuire Cutler and it doesn't work out, there is NO way i blaim Angelo for that. He tried to bring in an All-pro QB (something we NEVER had). I don't blaim him for getting Moose or I dont blaim him for trading Thomas Jones. Sometimes moves don't work out. Most successful GMs and Owners take risks. Those are the teams that stick out and those are the teams that usually win championships.

Angelo said "We have to get the QB situation fixed". Well here is your chance.

I agree.

Doing something of this stature would be completely acceptable if it didn't work out. The hand was played as it should. Doing nothing, just means that there is possible negligence and fraud being perpetuted on the city of Chicago which expects the tema to make a good faith effort in putting a competitive team out there. There are too many tax dollars going to the Bears...

Good post. Honestly this is one of those situations where if we aqcuire Cutler and it doesn't work out, there is NO way i blaim Angelo for that. He tried to bring in an All-pro QB (something we NEVER had). I don't blaim him for getting Moose or I dont blaim him for trading Thomas Jones. Sometimes moves don't work out. Most successful GMs and Owners take risks. Those are the teams that stick out and those are the teams that usually win championships.

Angelo said "We have to get the QB situation fixed". Well here is your chance.

Here's a recent rumor:

This is unconfirmed. However, an inside source says a trade will bring Jay Cutler to Washington is almost complete.

The leak came roughly about one hour ago. Negotiations between Cutler’s agent, Pat Bowlen, Daniel Snyder, and the Cleveland Browns management have been ongoing for a few days and all sides seem to be happy.

The deal would see Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler, and Cleveland’s third round pick going to Washington.

Jason Campbell and Chris Cooley going to Cleveland and one of Denver’s fifth round picks.

Brady Quinn going from Cleveland to Denver, and LaRon Landry from Washington will be going to Denver. We thought that the Bailey-Portis trade was big.

Our source says that teams will announce the deal at 5 p.m. this evening.

What they fail to address is why Cleveland would even make that trade. They end up with Cooley and 5th Rd pick. I don't view Campbell as a decent QB, he always looks lost in the pocket. It makes more sense to keep Quinn. I just don't see it.

What they fail to address is why Cleveland would even make that trade. They end up with Cooley and 5th Rd pick. I don't view Campbell as a decent QB, he always looks lost in the pocket. It makes more sense to keep Quinn. I just don't see it.

To me it seems that the Broncos end up short on the deal, everybody gets two players and they get an unproven qb out of the deal. Sounds like a trade we would make.

Campbell really improved this past year. I like him alot going forward. If he was on the market, I'd love to try to get him here.

Like you said, the deal is a joke. Cleveland ends up with jacks*** and like I said, that site sucks and this deal would never happen.

Some of these trade possibities that are being proposed are interesting but,Im not so sure that a deal couldn't get done if the Bears gave up a 3rd rounder and a starting DE like Ogunleye. I wouldn't give up the first rounder unless I got Denver's 2nd in return.With that being said these head coaches whose reputations have grown because of their associations with star QBs is just hilarious.Holmgren and Shanahan had Montana.Mariucci,Gruden and Reid had Farve.Charlie Weiss had Tom Brady and now Josh Mc Danials has Matt Cassel a one year wonder who hasn't even reached the playoffs.So what does he do.He gets his new gig and immediately pisses off his Pro Bowl QB by trying to bring in a guy who he was familar with at NE.If I'm a rookie HC the first guy I'm trying to get on the same page with is my star QB.This is that NE arrogance.How's Charlie Weiss done with out Brady?How is Crennel done without Bruschi,Seymour and the rest of that bunch?Unless you are getting Belicheck who is running the show in NE ther rest of those guys gone along for the ride.I really want to see what the new Denver HC does without all those great players on the Patriots roster who made things easier for all backup players to step up their game when they are called upon to play.

I read in another thread this idea for getting Cutler, Mark Sanchez falls to #12 (Denver's Pick) and we make the offer of Orton, the #18 pick to Denver. I would also add Urlacher at this point, who may be the face of the franchise however, it may be time for Urlacher to move on. Plus I would also be willing to throw in a conditional 2010 draft pick that may get as high as a second round and maybe no worse than a fifth round depending on Cutler's performance in 2009. We may not have all the pieces to completely get the puzzle done before the draft however, Angelo needs to provide some proof to the fans that he is not full of crap and all talk. Action speak louder than words and so far his words smell pretty bad. Angelo should be on the phone daily with Denver to see what it may take and to work on with Denver to facilitate a trade between the teams that both will be happy with and helps both. Until that happens Angelo is just another lying figure head.