Still a piece missing

Wesson44

Jets talking to Plaxico. What if we still could get Plaxico Buress to sign with us would we be a better team? IMHO we just need a big body type with the size of Plax for Cutler to throw two.We have a lot of 6 ft guys who can't be used in the red zone with the fade routes.Olsen is the main option. We also have the 6'7 TE Davis but we never use him or the 6'4 Ridaeu. With what we drafted on the defensive side of the ball we should be a better team on D so it will give us more chances to score. With the addition of Plax it gives us bigger targets and creates mismatches all over the field

Jets talking to Plaxico. What if we still could get Plaxico Buress to sign with us would we be a better team? IMHO we just need a big body type with the size of Plax for Cutler to throw two.We have a lot of 6 ft guys who can't be used in the red zone with the fade routes.Olsen is the main option. We also have the 6'7 TE Davis but we never use him or the 6'4 Ridaeu. With what we drafted on the defensive side of the ball we should be a better team on D so it will give us more chances to score. With the addition of Plax it gives us bigger targets and creates mismatches all over the field

I'll put it this way Plaxico is very talented but it is not clear that he won't be locked up or free. Until that is decided it is pointless to talk about him. There is going to be speculation on whether he will be suspended by the commish etc. This team doesn't need that kind of attention on it. All eyes are going to be on Cutler to begin with let him get his number one WR from college up to speed and see what happens. I just remember what happened with Tank while he was on trial and it basically was a circus.

Not interested.

Peace :dabears

I really feel like Burress is the perfect compliment to the experienced WR we have the on roster but given the good young talent we have at WR I do not want, nor do I foresee, JA going after Burress. I do feel we have 3 good rookies at WR and believe at least two should end up contributing long term to this team.

If we are going to add a vet WR these young guys need to see how a real professional goes about learning the craft. Plax is only going to teach them it's ok to skip practices, be late for meetings, get fined and stay home, shoot yourself, whatever you want and the teams will keep giving you money as long as you play well on Sunday. I don't want these guys hearing that message much less seeing it play out in their locker room.

I'm interested in Burress, just like I wanted Owens and Moss. However, given the fact that the Bears have more WRs on their roster than they have shown competence to develop or utilize, I'd say that Plax would basically be a waste of multiple draft picks. It's time for Lovie and the gang to actually see if they have talent in the current WR corps before signing more FAs.

Besides, if we're talking about "one" piece still missing...it's not a WR...it's a good OG.

I'm interested in Burress, just like I wanted Owens and Moss. However, given the fact that the Bears have more WRs on their roster than they have shown competence to develop or utilize, I'd say that Plax would basically be a waste of multiple draft picks. It's time for Lovie and the gang to actually see if they have talent in the current WR corps before signing more FAs.

Besides, if we're talking about "one" piece still missing...it's not a WR...it's a good OG.

I agree its time the staff shows the ability to develop/utilize the talent the have on the roster. Darryl Drake has been stealing from this team. He better earn his paycheck this yr.

Peace :dabears

Sorry disagree on the guard. Omiyale, Frank was signed to play guard, Buenning is a solid guard especially next to 2 pro bowlers. Beekman did well last year, a bunch better then expected and gives good depth.

Pace - T

Bueninng-G

Kruetz-C

Omiyale-G

Williams-T

Not bad at all with Beekman to swing either guard or center and Garza as back up there as well. Reed is there as well. the Problem I see is more at the Tackle position with Schaffer being the only true back up we have.

I'm still not sure what they did with the original Jerry Angelo but keep him, whoever you are. When I heard the Bears made a rush for Boldin...I thought I was in a bizarro world. Angelo must have had some sort of "come to Jesus moment" recently.

Regardless, I still think the Bears need to take a look at Edwards and Harrison as options at WR. I would be all good with Burress but sounds like he might be in a graybar room in the next couple months. I still haven't completley given up on Boldin though either.

Keep up the good work Jerry...or whoever you are.

You really need to get off that stud OG stuff. We have two new players there and that are more seasoned than any rookie we could have brought in. Robinson dropped as low as he did for a reason, and wouldnt be starting here if we did drafted him. Garza is the oldest guard we have now and I think he is 30, there will draft one to develope in the future, we are quite find at guard, you will see one they take the field.

I think another Vet WR would be helpful but I would prefer one that would be willing to take on a role player position in red zone situations. A crafty Vet like Joe Jurevicius provides a big target for Cutler especially if he works from the slot. Or if the Bears want to gamble DJ Hackett could provide another good red zone target.

Cutler should be able to make the current WR on the roster better but a veteran red zone target would provide some security and versatility.

Sorry disagree on the guard. Omiyale, Frank was signed to play guard, Buenning is a solid guard especially next to 2 pro bowlers. Beekman did well last year, a bunch better then expected and gives good depth.

Pace - T

Bueninng-G

Kruetz-C

Omiyale-G

Williams-T

Not bad at all with Beekman to swing either guard or center and Garza as back up there as well. Reed is there as well. the Problem I see is more at the Tackle position with Schaffer being the only true back up we have.

Omiyale played OT before the Bears.

Buenning is average.

Beekman did OK last year, but not well. If you have to throw in the fact that he "gives good depth", then he's clearly not a stud.

Garza is past his prime, and sucks.

Reed is the only one who gets a pass because he's young.

Unless someone drastically steps up, improves, or makes the transition from OT to OG, then I still see it as a problem.

I think another Vet WR would be helpful but I would prefer one that would be willing to take on a role player position in red zone situations. A crafty Vet like Joe Jurevicius provides a big target for Cutler especially if he works from the slot. Or if the Bears want to gamble DJ Hackett could provide another good red zone target.

Cutler should be able to make the current WR on the roster better but a veteran red zone target would provide some security and versatility.

I would like Jurevicius because I think he could play the teacher role.

But I do like our cadre of young receivers. We have to get a good name for them.

I keep seeing comments about redzone targets the Bears should go out and get. What the heck is Olsen and Clark? After seeing Cutler highlight TDs with Tony Schefler don't you think we have 2 decent redzone targets on the roster? I love the thought of Cutler drilling the ball in the endzone to either one of these guys. This team played with two TEs a lot so I don't see them going completely away from that. Olsen split out wide would be the same as Jurevicuos except with younger legs and better health. The issue with Plaxico is not the suspension its his sentence for having the unregistered gun that carries minimum 3 year jail term and the New York mayor making noise about no one is above the law. That doesn't sound like he's getting off scott-free.There will be pressure on prosecutors to bring back a conviction with jail time.

Yes but please read why the bears signed him, He was brought in to play Guard, but St Clair departure had him move outside till Williams could be evaled at Right tackle.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5665

Yeah, I read that too. But until he can come in and actually produce as a guard, then he's a question mark. Tackles don't automatically make good guards (vice versa also).

Yeah, I read that too. But until he can come in and actually produce as a guard, then he's a question mark. Tackles don't automatically make good guards (vice versa also).

Yes he is a question mark, just like a rookie would be coming in. If you look at the OL players drafted they are changing positions all over the place. If your a good player you should be able to play several spots anyways, and someone thought that so they brought him in here.

I keep seeing comments about redzone targets the Bears should go out and get. What the heck is Olsen and Clark? After seeing Cutler highlight TDs with Tony Schefler don't you think we have 2 decent redzone targets on the roster? I love the thought of Cutler drilling the ball in the endzone to either one of these guys. This team played with two TEs a lot so I don't see them going completely away from that. Olsen split out wide would be the same as Jurevicuos except with younger legs and better health. The issue with Plaxico is not the suspension its his sentence for having the unregistered gun that carries minimum 3 year jail term and the New York mayor making noise about no one is above the law. That doesn't sound like he's getting off scott-free.There will be pressure on prosecutors to bring back a conviction with jail time.

I just feel having a big vet WR in the red zone would also benefit Olsen as well. Keeping Olsen inside would force either a LB or safety to cover him and a Vet WR like Jurevicious should still be able fight off the jams and physically fight for the ball if left one on one with a corner.

I'm with you...and I think Joe Jurevicius would be a great addition for probably a bargain. He's a good portion why TB won that SB against the Chokeland Faders.

Oh yeah, and he's Lithuanian too! ;) More appropriately pronounced "YUR-EH-VIH-CHUS" by the Lith's...

I just feel having a big vet WR in the red zone would also benefit Olsen as well. Keeping Olsen inside would force either a LB or safety to cover him and a Vet WR like Jurevicious should still be able fight off the jams and physically fight for the ball if left one on one with a corner.

I fully agree... Jurevicius is a class act too.

Joe never seems to stay healthy so I would pass. Besides I heard a rumor that when Chris Collinsworth is not doing Sunday Night Football than he will be volunteering his WR expertise to the young Bears receiving corps! You know he was a great WR with the Bengals. I think he is jelous of the attention Dion is getting for his Prime "U" program.