V-Jack won't be franchised

madlithuanian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worry about Jackson's mental toughness and his injury history in San Diego. He's 28 years old and doesn't seem to be much of a motivated player. Obviously he would be a gigantic upgrade but I think it's important that regardless of who we get in free agency, we need an early pick to be spent on a young WR that can grow with Cutler.

V-Jack and a high round pick would be miraculous!

I worry about Jackson's mental toughness and his injury history in San Diego. He's 28 years old and doesn't seem to be much of a motivated player. Obviously he would be a gigantic upgrade but I think it's important that regardless of who we get in free agency, we need an early pick to be spent on a young WR that can grow with Cutler.

I certainly remember what he did to our pro bowl corner back this game http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011112010/2...s&tab=recap

Jackson will cost a ton, with lots of suitors. This year there is several #1s out there.

Colston-NO Injury issues, but great when healthy. Brees woulldnt allow him to leave

Jackson-PHIL Dont care for him.

Johnson-Buf I think we could get him at a reasonable price and would do well here.

Bowe-KC Could be a great addition

Welker-NE(he aint going anywhere)

Wayne-Colts age bothers me, but could get maybe two years out of him

and several other interesting #2s

Garcon-Colts to many dropped balls, but would take him as a #2

Meachem-NO to inconsistent

Manningham-Giants I think that might work

Robinson-Dallas not enough of a track record, but better than anyone we have

Smith-Phil I think we could add him cheap and if he can get back to playing the way he did before he was hurt-winner -winner

Edwards-SF he sucks

Jackson will cost a ton, with lots of suitors. This year there is several #1s out there.

Colston-NO Injury issues, but great when healthy. Brees woulldnt allow him to leave

Jackson-PHIL Dont care for him.

Johnson-Buf I think we could get him at a reasonable price and would do well here.

Bowe-KC Could be a great addition

Welker-NE(he aint going anywhere)

Wayne-Colts age bothers me, but could get maybe two years out of him

and several other interesting #2s

Garcon-Colts to many dropped balls, but would take him as a #2

Meachem-NO to inconsistent

Manningham-Giants I think that might work

Robinson-Dallas not enough of a track record, but better than anyone we have

Smith-Phil I think we could add him cheap and if he can get back to playing the way he did before he was hurt-winner -winner

Edwards-SF he sucks

Sounds about right to me. I would like Bowe the most followed by Marcus Colston. Stevie Johnson would be a nice consolation prize. I don't think you pay Desean Jackson the money he's going to want but it won't matter because Philly will most likely franchise him. Garcon is too much of a Johnny Knox clone. Both receivers are fast and both drop alot of passes. Robinson is interesting because of how he ended the year and I'd welcome him to come here to be our #2.

Yes clearly Bowe is the prize of the WRs this season but if you cant get him then the Bears better go after Vjax. Of course its not gonna be cheap but most good players in FA arent cheap. The Bears have to get one of Bowe, Vjax, Colston or Stevie. Hopefully one or two of them become available but they have to get one of them.

This is one thing I think having Lovie Smith actually helps with.

If you recall, Julius Peppers had a similar reputation in Carolina. He comes to Chicago and I haven't heard a peep of Peppers being unprepared...just of him being held every game.

I think Smith would work well in this case.

Yes clearly Bowe is the prize of the WRs this season but if you cant get him then the Bears better go after Vjax. Of course its not gonna be cheap but most good players in FA arent cheap. The Bears have to get one of Bowe, Vjax, Colston or Stevie. Hopefully one or two of them become available but they have to get one of them.

I can't think of a team in the NFL that has a bigger need at WR than the Bears, and that means the Bears need to be out there spending the money to fill that need.

I'm in agreement pretty much 100%

Some version of ATL's White and Julio Jones....

vets

V Jack 6'5 230

Bowe 6'2 220

rookies

Floyd 6'3 224

Jeffrey 6'4 230

I personally think Bowe will be franchised by KC before they let him go(i was reading a bunch of KC articles). V jack wont most likely. So a V Jack and one of these guys would be great. We have seen what Cutler can do with a big WR like Marshal. Put two on this team and we could really have something. Getting two out of this bunch may be greedy but I can wish!!!

vets

V Jack 6'5 230

Bowe 6'2 220

rookies

Floyd 6'3 224

Jeffrey 6'4 230

I personally think Bowe will be franchised by KC before they let him go(i was reading a bunch of KC articles). V jack wont most likely. So a V Jack and one of these guys would be great. We have seen what Cutler can do with a big WR like Marshal. Put two on this team and we could really have something. Getting two out of this bunch may be greedy but I can wish!!!

Bowe is the best candidate. VJax is the next best wideout, imo, but also the biggest head case of the bunch. Desean would have been perfect for Martz but doesn't fit what the Bears need.

I think the Bears might say screw it and go with Jackson, but I'd probably put them at going hard for Stevie if Bowe is franchised but for all I know Stevie (Bills) will be franchised.

Colston scares me because I have no idea how much of a product he is of Brees. Bowe has put up numbers with all kinds of mediocre QB's. My only concern with him is he gets hurt or he gets lazy. Physically the dude is a total beast.

The last time we were in need of a WR and drafted one in the 1st round I was excited when a player who was suppose to go in the top 10 fell all the way down to us, BUT, it turned out David Terrell was garbage.

I want a vet WR with proven abilities, a solid #1, and a second vet WR or high draft pick, BUT to be honest, I would prefer a BLUE CHIP left tackle in the first, if there is a killer option left at #19. Replace Webb with a top prospect LT, you have Williams at LG who was looking pretty good before injured, Lance Lewis at RG who did great there before being forced out of position due to injuries, and Carimi back at RT.

Garza is getting a bit long in the tooth and we will need to groom a replacement for him but if we did what I said above, we would have a very young OL with great potential for years. It all starts up front. If we want to protect Cutler and give Forte room to run, we need to get Webb out of the starter position and use him as a backup.

The last time we were in need of a WR and drafted one in the 1st round I was excited when a player who was suppose to go in the top 10 fell all the way down to us, BUT, it turned out David Terrell was garbage.

I want a vet WR with proven abilities, a solid #1, and a second vet WR or high draft pick, BUT to be honest, I would prefer a BLUE CHIP left tackle in the first, if there is a killer option left at #19. Replace Webb with a top prospect LT, you have Williams at LG who was looking pretty good before injured, Lance Lewis at RG who did great there before being forced out of position due to injuries, and Carimi back at RT.

Garza is getting a bit long in the tooth and we will need to groom a replacement for him but if we did what I said above, we would have a very young OL with great potential for years. It all starts up front. If we want to protect Cutler and give Forte room to run, we need to get Webb out of the starter position and use him as a backup.

Exactly this. IMO we NEED to sign a #1 WR and possibly a #2 or 3 WR depending on what they want to do in the draft. But there are zero circumstances where this team should even consider not signing the best FA wr they have any chance at.