Packers @ Bears 12/29/2013

scs787

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Proud of team at the end of a tough season. Played their heart out and I agree poor coverage at the end but it is what it is we didn't deserve to go forward. I think Emery will create a better defense next year. We were in it for the division with 2 mins to go so that as to be an improvement this year.

Go bears injuries have crippled us this year.

Again proud of the effort of the team.

now we're going to never hear the end of how great Aaron Rodgers is. I hope the pukers get beat 3000 to 0 in the playoffs.

Both the offense and the defense had several opportunities to have changed the outcome.

If the offense doesn't start off ice cold and we take advantage of a slow start by GB we have a 1-2 score lead going into halftime. If the D comes up with stops on 4th downs and makes other key stops we maintain that lead through the second half. If Jeffery makes that catch, when we were up 28-27 and we finish the drive continues and we can chip more time off the clock and if we get 7 then GB has their backs against the wall down 2 scores. There are a lot of little moments that could have made a big difference. Like last week there is plenty of blame to go around. We should have been using time outs on d to preserve the clock and also give the d a chance to rest that last drive they were out there a long time.

As much as I love my Bears, this has been one of the most disappointing seasons in a long time. Any semblance of a average defense and this team would have wrapped up a playoff berth long ago. To have the worst run defense in 50 years (league-wide) is unacceptable. I am looking for a forceful and definitive off season from Emery. This defense needs an overhaul, starting at the top as much as I wish. The safeties can both be sent packing.

If at any point you would play prevent and give them the underneath and protect against the deep ball, why not there? They would still need to get into FG range even after a 1st Down. What a demoralizing way to end the season and allow GB of all teams to win again in our house. Embarrassing.

Only consolation is the 14th pick.

If at any point you would play prevent and give them the underneath and protect against the deep ball, why not there? They would still need to get into FG range even after a 1st Down. What a demoralizing way to end the season and allow GB of all teams to win again in our house. Embarrassing.

Only consolation is the 14th pick.

This is the part that stings the most. It's the freaking Packers, the team many of us hate more than anything. That smug Rodgers coming into our house and walking away a winner and Division champ and the sports nation again gets to laugh at the Bears who had the perfect setup to clinch last week, and turn in one the most embarrassing overall performances by a Bear team that I can recall witnessing, then to have the season come down to one game against your most bitter rival, and blow a winnable game. I can't begin to describe how much I hate the packers... I just hope they get their arse handed to them big time in their first playoff game. still wouldn't make up for this season... but at least in that moment I'd get a good chuckle.

This is the part that stings the most. It's the freaking Packers, the team many of us hate more than anything. That smug Rodgers coming into our house and walking away a winner and Division champ and the sports nation again gets to laugh at the Bears who had the perfect setup to clinch last week, and turn in one the most embarrassing overall performances by a Bear team that I can recall witnessing, then to have the season come down to one game against your most bitter rival, and blow a winnable game. I can't begin to describe how much I hate the packers... I just hope they get their arse handed to them big time in their first playoff game. still wouldn't make up for this season... but at least in that moment I'd get a good chuckle.

Yeah, almost the worst possible story book ending to one of the most frustrating seasons in recent memory. Lose at home, in Week 17, to the Packers, in Rodgers first game back (and Cobb's), allowing them to win the Division, and get a first round home playoff game.

and I still remember that FG attempt on 2nd and 9.....

Did anyone see if Jon Bostic played at all today, or were the Bears in nickel coverage for the entire game?

They must have been playing nickel all day. I know Bostic has been bad, but I can't imagine he didn't make a single tackle all day. Frey had 6 tackles, 3rd most in the game.