Bears talking to Jarred Allen

scs787

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he goes to Seattle he wont be getting that kind of money. More like 2 year 13 mil.

Seattle still has a significant amount of $$ this year, last I checked around 15 mill.....Sure is nice to have your star QB and your star CB only count for 2.2 mill against the cap combined.

Oops, double post.

I guess I'll throw out there that that a 2/20 deal wouldn't necessarily mean 10 mill in cap space. If it's like the 3/30 deal Pep got his cap hit is only 3.5 this year.

Not sure where you got your information but Over the Cap listed his hit as 8.6 and change.

Not sure where you got your information but Over the Cap listed his hit as 8.6 and change.

That's his APY (Average per year) not the cap hit.

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Julius%...mp;Team=Packers

First year cap hit is 3.5 then it goes up to 12, then 10. But the pack can release him next year and they'll only owe him 5M in dead money. With all the money the Bears have next year I'd do that type of deal for Allen. If he starts to show his old age then 5m in dead money won't cripple them that much at all.

That's his APY (Average per year) not the cap hit.

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Julius%...mp;Team=Packers

First year cap hit is 3.5 then it goes up to 12, then 10. But the pack can release him next year and they'll only owe him 5M in dead money. With all the money the Bears have next year I'd do that type of deal for Allen. If he starts to show his old age then 5m in dead money won't cripple them that much at all.

thanks looked at the wrong numbers.

If he's in the top 3 the Bears must have at least made an offer.

I've still not heard anything currently linking Allen to the Bears. PFT this morning mentioned Seattle and Dallas.

I'm just wondering if we are actually players for Allen.

I've still not heard anything currently linking Allen to the Bears. PFT this morning mentioned Seattle and Dallas.

I'm just wondering if we are actually players for Allen.

Ya, so much for making his decison by the weekend.

There was a rumor awhile ago, but Biggs said it was false, I get the feeling we're not and I'm ok with that.

Ya, so much for making his decison by the weekend.

There was a rumor awhile ago, but Biggs said it was false, I get the feeling we're not and I'm ok with that.

But Biggs just tweeted we restructured Cutler's contract on Friday so now we have 10 million in cap space. It seemed that free agency was mostly done and we were only going to target minimum salary guys.

Who or what is the restructure for if not Jared Allen?

But Biggs just tweeted we restructured Cutler's contract on Friday so now we have 10 million in cap space. It seemed that free agency was mostly done and we were only going to target minimum salary guys.

Who or what is the restructure for if not Jared Allen?

Damn I leave the house during the day for the first time in a week and they drop this bombshell?? I need to leave more often! I'm at a friends right now so I can't elaborate as much, but I'm intrigued.

Allen?? Clemons?? Anthony Spencer(meh)??

or it could just be to sign a few lesser guys like Pat Sims, maybe a guy like Andre Brown, maybe a nickle corner, or a backup qb....could probably snag 3 of those types of players.

Jared Allen is waiting for a better offer than he got from Seattle. My cousin told my Aunt (my Moms sister) that they ( Amy and Jared) were both excited and that a decision will be made as early as tomorrow. My mom thinks he will be signing with Da Bears bringing my cousin back to Chi-Town! Take it for what it's worth.. I just got off the phone with Mom, who just got off the phone with My aunt. Nothing official has been decided, but I truly believe Jared will sign with us.

Thank you for the update!

I think we all would like to see your cousin back in Chicago! If only just to get her in a good city!

Jared Allen is waiting for a better offer than he got from Seattle. My cousin told my Aunt (my Moms sister) that they ( Amy and Jared) were both excited and that a decision will be made as early as tomorrow. My mom thinks he will be signing with Da Bears bringing my cousin back to Chi-Town! Take it for what it's worth.. I just got off the phone with Mom, who just got off the phone with My aunt. Nothing official has been decided, but I truly believe Jared will sign with us.

Any word on what the Seahawks offered?

Any word on what the Seahawks offered?

Sorry usually that info doesn't come out until after a signing is made. I just know he was not thrilled with the amount that they offered. He would to love play in Seattle and respects that organization. However, his wife- (my cousin Amy) has family connections here and the Bears can likely offer a better deal. Jared is a funny, hard working- class act and his teammates love him. He can provide great leadership for our incoming rookies, and continue to give Aaron Rodgers fits! :)

Here's hoping...

Sorry usually that info doesn't come out until after a signing is made. I just know he was not thrilled with the amount that they offered. He would to love play in Seattle and respects that organization. However, his wife- (my cousin Amy) has family connections here and the Bears can likely offer a better deal. Jared is a funny, hard working- class act and his teammates love him. He can provide great leadership for our incoming rookies, and continue to give Aaron Rodgers fits! :)

Any updates?

Nice call!!! I got to admit Scott, I was skeptical about your information. You nailed it! Thank you for the inside information!

Thanks Scott for keeping us in the loop! Great add and I hope Amy enjoys being able to cheer on her home team with her husband playing!

Better update your signature line. Hah