Tillman resigned

ParkerBear7

I rarely get attached to players since the advent of FA in the NFL but, I must say that since 66' I have watched every Bear CB and he is by far my number one and I hope he can end his career as a Bear. I used to hold out with Rosey Taylor as the best but its just like Sayers and Hester as a returner, Ive seen them both but the newer players are both the BIMLT(best in my lifetime).Ol Skool can be stubborn but in this case we all should cherish the fact that we have a high character guy and pillar in the area is still with the team and has a chance to end his legacy the right way like Payton, Fencik,Singletary, Hampton and Morris.

Just for laughs this was the secondary when I started watching Bears games and could remember names. Rosey Taylor, Bennie McRae, Ritchie Pettibon and Joe Taylor( replaced Dave Whitsell who along with Doug Atkins was drafted by NO in the expansion draft

Just for laughs this was the secondary when I started watching Bears games and could remember names. Rosey Taylor, Bennie McRae, Ritchie Pettibon and Joe Taylor( replaced Dave Whitsell who along with Doug Atkins was drafted by NO in the expansion draft

Wow, talk about OLD school! I appreciate the nostalgia connections and am glad that Peanut was able to come back.

Since Chicago has a long and rich history of defense and last year was so long ago (prophetically speaking) I found myself uncomfortable at the thought of losing a player like Tillman. He's one of the last from recent history that defines that culture. Hopefully this will be the year for his Super Bowl win and decision to retire a Bear or make another attempt at a repeat championship run.

I can dig it...hopefully he stays healthy this year. Good coverage can turn a lot of those pressures into sacks by our DEs

SC... I could not believe that I was able to post breaking Bears news before you! I actually had to double check to make sure the Tillman signing was legit.

I rarely get attached to players since the advent of FA in the NFL but, I must say that since 66' I have watched every Bear CB and he is by far my number one and I hope he can end his career as a Bear. I used to hold out with Rosey Taylor as the best but its just like Sayers and Hester as a returner, Ive seen them both but the newer players are both the BIMLT(best in my lifetime).Ol Skool can be stubborn but in this case we all should cherish the fact that we have a high character guy and pillar in the area is still with the team and has a chance to end his legacy the right way like Payton, Fencik,Singletary, Hampton and Morris.

I am so pumped. He is by far my favorite bear ever. I am 30 so obviously I have no ties to the 85 bears.

SC... I could not believe that I was able to post breaking Bears news before you! I actually had to double check to make sure the Tillman signing was legit.

Ha, happened while I was prepping dinner.... I came back and saw I had like 30 new tweets on twitter and thought alright this has to be some Bears news. Was hoping for Melton but I guess I'm cool with Tillman.

Glad he is back. He has been one of my favorite Bears for years.

Peace :dabears

Yep. He's one of my all time favorites. Class guy, great player and did something better than I've ever seen done before at his position, cause turnovers. His games against Moss and Megatron are legendary. Glad he's back and hope last years health problems are gone for good.

Charles Tillman has re-signed with the#Bears on a one-year deal, I'm told. Somewhat of a surprise but pleasant one, given his legacy there

I'm thrilled he's back and I hope he retires as a Bear.

More interesting, the Bears have their starting corners in place. TJ, Peanut, and Hayden. Granted we need depth and youth, but immediately, this is not a priority in the draft.

Great news, he still has plenty left to give on the field and we need his presence. Probably one of my favorite Bears class act on and off the field. No one has a nose fore the ball and strips it like peanut. My only con is that it's not more than a 1 year deal meaning after this season we'll be asking the same question "will they resign Peanut or let him walk?" I'd have liked to better to see a 2-3 year deal to finish his career as a Bear and never put on anyone else's jersey. But that said I was thrilled to read that he re-signed and will be a Bear this year.

Bear Down!!!

Great news, he still has plenty left to give on the field and we need his presence. Probably one of my favorite Bears class act on and off the field. No one has a nose fore the ball and strips it like peanut. My only con is that it's not more than a 1 year deal meaning after this season we'll be asking the same question "will they resign Peanut or let him walk?" I'd have liked to better to see a 2-3 year deal to finish his career as a Bear and never put on anyone else's jersey. But that said I was thrilled to read that he re-signed and will be a Bear this year.

Bear Down!!!

Now we have Melton left to snag back, if he leaves Dallas without a contract, he will be back here.

Now we have Melton left to snag back, if he leaves Dallas without a contract, he will be back here.

Look out for Seattle, the rich may get richer.

EDIT---- about a minute later....

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 42s

Meanwhile, #Seahawks and DT Henry Melton are deep in negotiations tonight, per source. We’ll see if he makes it to Dallas for his visit

Look out for Seattle, the rich may get richer.

EDIT---- about a minute later....

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 42s

Meanwhile, #Seahawks and DT Henry Melton are deep in negotiations tonight, per source. We’ll see if he makes it to Dallas for his visit

Just read that too, I hope we can bring him back but Seattle has a lot to offer coming off a dominating super bowl win and cap space to overpay. We payed melton a lot of cash to sit on the couch last season. It'd be nice to get some use out of him for a reasonable contract to stay here.

Just read that too, I hope we can bring him back but Seattle has a lot to offer coming off a dominating super bowl win and cap space to overpay. We payed melton a lot of cash to sit on the couch last season. It'd be nice to get some use out of him for a reasonable contract to stay here.

I doubt we can match Seattle's offer; just like Bennett, he will probably sign with them today.