Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by nfoligno,

    Listening to ESPN Radio today, and McShay was on and talking QBs. He was asked if the bears would consider a QB at 14. He then talked about how it has been rumored for a while that a team in the teens was considering Henne. He went on to talk about how he separately knew that Chicago is in fact very high on Henne. Said they/we love his size and arm strength. Also mentioned our liking Flacco. He is not predicting Chicago will take Henne at 14, but he and Kiper are both talking about how they keep hearing about a team in the teens who is looking at QB that few realize. Of all the players we have talked about taking at 14, I don't think any make me as sick…

    • 23 replies
    • 5.3k views
  2. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    So, onto day 2. Jerry Angelo has proven his ineptitude at grading Offensive talent once again. I too am sorry for the wasted 2nd round pick (way better picks still available at that time). However, the Bears open with two picks in the third round. Who do you like to try and pull this thing out? At QB - Brennan, Woodson, Ainge or ??? How about at WR? It looks as though there are few Hawaii WR's still available...could that mean something??? Or how about Early Doucet??? He is still there. Speaking of "still there" and from LSU..how about Jacob Hester? He could be a FB pick and put in the backfield in tandem with Benson. That would be an interesting combo. …

    • 23 replies
    • 5.4k views
  3. Started by butkusrules,

    Angelo in his draft wrap up was talking about choosing between a "QB" and Steltz. The only Qb that was off the board after Steltz and before the Bears picked again in the 5th was Booty. JA went on to say he wanted starters with this draft and he believed strongly of the two that Steltz was a starter.

    • 23 replies
    • 5.9k views
  4. Either you like the pick or you don't, but the Pats were poised to take Zack Bowman if the Bears hadn't: http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/04/be...re_pa.html#more

    • 23 replies
    • 5.2k views
  5. I know this is slightly off topic but since we are approaching the date where they release the individual home game tickets. I've tried unsuccessfully the past few years. What seems to be happening is the brokers or individuals buy ups large chunks of tickes with no intention of going to the game but with the intent to make a killing selling the tickets on various sites where the prices end up being highly inflated. I was wondering if anyone has a method that works. I've tried the whole Ticketmaster thing and by the time the page loaded I would the tickets would be gone. I do have something in my favor that I didn't have before and that's high speed internet, I'm…

    • 23 replies
    • 7.5k views
  6. Started by ostrogoth,

    Free agent Byron Leftwich says he's lost 25 pounds and wants to join a team for training camp. His first Rotoworld post in 17 weeks. Dropping 25 lbs off his playing weight would put Leftwich at 6'5/225 and possibly enhance his mobility. Bears personnel director Bobby DePaul called Leftwich "an interesting guy," but the 28-year-old QB hasn't had so much as a free agent visit. Perhaps the Bears will give him a call if Kyle Orton doesn't separate himself this summer.

    • 23 replies
    • 6.2k views
  7. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    Fantatstic news. I can't be happier about the Bears finally getting someone signed. He's had injury concerns but should be a nice guy to have around to ensure that the Bears are able to ease Forte into his career. He is obviously returning very quickly from an ACL injury so I think our expectations should be to hope he is able to play in one preseason game and can work his way up to being a 10-15 carry a guy for the Bears by about the 3rd week of the season (which is just perfect cause that should help shelter Forte enough to prevent him from hitting some sort of rookie wall by week 12).

  8. Started by Connorbear,

    I think he is a really good kid. It's unfortunate it hasn't worked out for him here. He is really needing a change of scenery. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...x082508.article Peace

    • 23 replies
    • 4.7k views
  9. Started by flea,

    http://espn.go.com/chicago/story?id=4182092

    • 23 replies
    • 5.6k views
  10. Started by nfoligno,

    Just saw this on PFT. I never saw this on the Trib, and even when I looked at Haugh's articles, didn't see it. Either it was taken down, is a piece of another article and I missed it, or I am just blind. Last option the most likely. Honestly, just not a big deal for me. I always thought it was crap that a star can't go into public w/o people getting in their face for autographs. Anyway, here is the piece, Cutler Alienating Bears Fans? Posted by Aaron Wilson on May 31, 2009, 4:44 p.m. Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, the rocket-armed Pro Bowl passer acquired this offseason in a blockbuster trade from the Denver Broncos, apparently isn’t makin…

    • 23 replies
    • 5.5k views
  11. Bears | Cutler has spoken with Marshall Comment (0) Tue, 23 Jun 2009 07:56:25 -0700 Marty O'Brien, of The Newport News Daily Press, reports Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler said he has spoken with disgruntled Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall and would not have a problem reuniting with Marshall if the Bears were able to land him. "I talked to 'B' a few days ago. Just checking in on him and seeing how he's doing, because I went through a similar thing that he's going through," Cutler said. "I played with Brandon for three years and I think he's one of the best receivers in the NFL. I think he can be one of the greatest ever to play. He's big and fast, and can do e…

    • 23 replies
    • 4.8k views
  12. Started by GreatScott82,

    The Bills are 1-4 and by all means already out of it. That being said I could see Buffalo trading T.O. for a 3rd or 4th round pick mid season. I mentioned it today with my buddy on the phone and sure enough ESPN Insider has mentioned this. ESPN Insider Thoughts? Would you consider it? T.O., Knox, Hester, Bennett with Forte, Olsen and Clark. I'd do it!!

  13. Started by sprout,

    from profootballtalk.com Garrett Wolfe to miss remainder of season Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 20, 2009 9:45 AM ET It would be hard for the Bears rushing attack to get much worse, but it just took another body blow. Backup Garrett Wolfe will miss the rest of the season with a lacerated kidney, according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times. The injury was learned about two weeks ago, but there was some hope he could return this season. "He's a great kid and it's unfortunate,'' Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo said. ``I was hoping he would start integrating more into the offense and [offensive coordinator] Ron [Turner] was using him more in practices…

  14. it sounded as if they were punishing him for something. I hope this guy is not a asswad douche!

  15. Started by fudgeripple2000,

    One week all signs point to ditching Lovie. Next week we are keeping him regardless of the record. Now Angelo says that he will evaluate himself as well as lovie at the end of the season. Maybe I am just projecting, but I think that with this loss and crap performance in Baltimore and the likely blowout with Minnesota (in chicago) with the possibility of losing to Detroit (played well against Arizona), leaving us at 5-11, that the team will clean house. Angelo did say that money wasn't an issue. He just wants wins. http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4759793

  16. Started by butkusrules,

    love this martz quote When I asked him once about criticism he was facing for not running enough, he said: "I could care less how many times we run the ball. The whole logic is to win the game. I could care less about balance. When I call a game, it's based on what's going on out there and what I see." http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,493985.column

    • 23 replies
    • 5.6k views
  17. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    Dont like the signing. Unless we already have a deal for Rolle/Atogwe... i dont see why they moved so fast. FS is a desperate need and relying on a 3rd rounder is BS Getting Chester Taylor is certainly a great back to have, but i dont like not filling a major need first

    • 23 replies
    • 5.2k views
  18. Started by Chitownhustla,

    Big game... Tice, entire O need to get something going.... They need to build some confidence... This O needs to start gelling.. It would be pretty sad to waste a great D!!!

  19. Started by madlithuanian,

    Interesting stats...quite similar... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FontWa0.htm 8 years at Det's HC (and I think his first year in 88 he was interim coach for the tail end of their season...) 4 playoff appearances Actually a better playoff percentage than Smith... Right now Smith is only 3-8...potential to go 4-9 The players loved Fontes. Just sounds very very familiar... And Fontes was booted after 1 losing season following 3 playoff appearances.

  20. Started by jason,

    Like it or not, the three calls on Alshon were legit offensive pass interference calls. What's more, they should be a damning enough reason to fire Drake's non-coaching ass. Allow me to explain... When one of the deep officials (Field Judge, Back Judge, Side Judge) look for offensive pass interference, they look for three specific things: 1. Push off (with arm extension makes it much easier to see) 2. Blocking while the ball is in the air 3. Driving through a defender I can honestly say I've never seen one WR get three OPI calls on him in a single game, but all three fall into one of the above categories. When those officials get graded, they are ask…

    • 23 replies
    • 2.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.