Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    My pouting is over..if only momentary. I couldn’t stay away from this board indefinitely especially when I see Adam (and a few others) and I are agreeing on nearly everything going on with the Bears right now. And when I saw this article (below) from players past and their ... let’s say no-nonsense... response to yesterday’s game. I knew I wasn’t alone in my utter frustration! They speak my language. Still can’t say I’ll watch anymore games this year. https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-cb-chicago-bears-winners-losers-ed-obradovich-rosenthal-20191104-i3o3q7jscrf6bdm63ret3uhhra-story.html

  2. Started by BearFan PHX,

    Oh boy. It is clear that Pace and Nagy are staying, and they affirmed that Trubisky is their guy today. Even worse, when they, and Ted Phillips spoke, they mentioned the offense as a whole, giving examples of bad routes, bad QB choices, bad play calling, and unproductive running. Literally EVERYTHING but the OL. Now I understand, this may mean they are in the market for OL and/or QB and they dont want to telegraph that. So it's hard to read them. But we can look to this past season to see what they adjusted and what they didn't. Apparently, they all have each other's backs. The only possible leadership move this year would be to fire Pace if he wo…

    • 19 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. Started by BearFan PHX,

    Looking at the Bears’ cap situation, I think we have a lot of options for cuts and trades. At this moment we have an estimated $13 Million in cap room. -------------------------------- LEONARD FLOYD -------------------------------- Floyd is due $13,222,000 this year with no dead cap. If you cut or trade him, you instantly gain $13 Mil in cap room, which can sign two or three quality free agents. There is no way Floyd plays under this contract for us in 2020. You can pretty much consider him cut and add $13Mil to your cap. Then you can think about what you WOULD pay him as a free agent. Aaron Lynch got $1.5 Million to play backup to Floyd. Floyd …

    • 19 replies
    • 2.7k views
  4. Started by AZ54,

    Among this WR class Claypool is way down the list and is ranked as a 4-6th Rd pick. As a WR he's not really running away from anyone but he's still got good enough speed to get deep. At 6'4" and reportedly around 230lbs is he a good fit for the U-TE position Burton plays?

    • 19 replies
    • 2.1k views
  5. Started by AZ54,

    One guy whose opinion I trust on WRs is Steve Smith. If he says 4 or 5 teams are going to take Aiyuk in the first round I believe it will happen. Even if not it would seem he'll be gone before we pick at 43. I wanted one of Reagor or Aiyuk in that spot. We'll see how it shakes it. If there is a run on WRs though it still benefits us because it's more likely someone like Delpit falls to us. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000001108491/Steve-Smith-Sr-One-2020-draft-WR-who-s-being-slept-on

    • 19 replies
    • 2.1k views
  6. Started by AZ54,

    We're losing our edge... no dedicated theads for our draft picks? Local kid, grew up as a Bears fan. What are we getting?

    • 19 replies
    • 2.3k views
  7. Started by adam,

    It looks like the Bears are not expected to pick up the 5th year option. This will be the ultimate litmus test on how the team feels about Mitch. If they had any hope he would turn it around, this would be a no brainer. If they truly feel he has hit his ceiling and Foles is the clear QB1, then they won't pick it up. It seems like it comes down to comp picks. It seems like the Bears don't want to risk losing a potential comp pick if they pick up his option, then cut him before his 5th season (like Floyd). Outside of cap numbers, that is the main risk.

    • 19 replies
    • 2k views
  8. Started by Mongo3451,

    I'll take 10-6...

    • 19 replies
    • 3.3k views
  9. I seen the league was renewed. Are we all in on playing? I have a hip replacement on August 24th so if a few days later I will be a available for draft..

    • 19 replies
    • 2.1k views
  10. Started by adam,

    I don't know how I missed this, but there have been multiple reports about Cohen not looking very good: June 16th and July 9th. Both reports say he was walking stiff, etc. He tore his ACL in late September, so we are 9 months post injury/surgery. From reading articles, that is about the time most athletes come back from the injury. With less than 2 months until the season, there is a chance he may not be ready Week 1. Something to monitor, because Cohen's entire game revolves around his ability to change direction and his lateral quickness. If he can't do that as well, his value drops to almost zero.

    • 19 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. Started by Bill,

    I know I have said this before. If one can't be positive at the start of training camp I think it will only go down hill as the season goes on. But I don't understand why this team has not gotten a true LT no matter the quality just as a camp body. They have a bunch at almost every position but not one LT that has played a game or even taken a snap in the reg. season at the position. What am I missing? OK you'r going to wait till camp cuts and then pay more for those who get cut, They should of signed someone long ago. Before they signed Butt, Hardy etc.

    • 19 replies
    • 1.9k views
  12. Started by Uncle Buck,

    Good morning. I’m not capable of sharing anything new but my own perspective. We’ve had two games back to back against the elite teams of the league. While we were missing some vital players yesterday I don’t think the presence of Quinn and Hicks would have significantly altered the results. So the baseline has been established and looking at it I find our team lacking significantly. Since Ryan Pace arrived the Bears have been 39-48. Can anyone tell me that they feel the foundation of this team has been established(O and D lines)? I submit that this team has been average to mediocre since his arrival and there has been no ascension- I think 2018 was an outlier. Without a …

    • 19 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    Even though it isn't Bears related, its a pretty huge piece of news. Peter King is reporting that those close to the situation indicate that they believe the injury will prevent him from playing this season. Obviously they'll know more once the MRI results are back.

  14. Started by Wesson44,

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,4230287.story I have two questions for this board. 1. Do you think what Williams has said will fire up the team as a whole on Sunday and 2. Should we go after Williams in FA if the Lions don't pay to keep him?

    • 19 replies
    • 4.6k views
  15. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....s-suspende.html Harris suspended for Sunday's game vs. Lions By Vaughn McClure Tommie Harris has been suspended for Sunday's game at Detroit for violating a team rule. Harris did not participate in practice on Wednesday and Thursday.

  16. Started by nfoligno,

    Listening to Hampton on the Score today, and he threw a couple things out there: (1) He said we do not adjust on defense for different opponents, and simply believe our scheme will work equally effective against anyone, regardless of what sort of offense we face. That isn't to say we do not see ANYTHING different, but that we run the same scheme regardless of what we face. (2) There was a lot of talk about motivation after the flat defensive performance(s). Hampton said a coach doesn't get a player ready for a game by screaming and yelling on game day, but does so throughout the week. He talked about how a coach begins dropping comments here and there, and …

    • 19 replies
    • 3.6k views
  17. JUDGE RULES IN FAVOR OF WILLIAMS AND WILLIAMS Posted by Michael David Smith on December 3, 2008, 7:28 p.m. Minnesota Vikings defensive tackles Pat Williams and Kevin Williams have won a big victory in their efforts to avoid being suspended by the National Football League KSTP-TV in Minneapolis is reporting that Judge Gary Larson has issued a temporary restraining order against the NFL. That means, for now, that Williams and Williams should be allowed to play Sunday. The Williamses said they were heading straight from the courthouse to the Vikings’ practice facility. However, this is far from over. KSTP reports that another hearing is expected in the next fe…

  18. Started by selection7,

    Don't look now, but even if we don't win the division, there's only 3 teams ahead of us and 2 wildcard slots. Tampa, Atlanta, & Dallas. And Dallas has a killer schedule (Philly, Giants, & Baltimore) so I would count them out, especially after last Sunday's game. Tampa and Atlanta still have to play each other so that's one guaranteed loss for one of them. Also, Atlanta plays Minny, so either Minny will win the division but help us out by beating Atanta, or Atlanta will beat Minny and help make it possible for us to retake the division. There's also other 7-6 teams, so it's still pretty unlikely, but still possible if the Bears win out. Big if, I know.

    • 19 replies
    • 4.4k views
  19. Started by Connorbear,

    First the call the fake punt catch by Peterson and then the no call on the absolute mugging of Olson at the end of the game. Glad we won but this game should have never gone to overtime. Peace

    • 19 replies
    • 3.8k views
  20. Started by nfoligno,

    I talk about this briefly in another post, but after going to the game, I saw things I never saw (at least not to this extent). This is NOT a post to excuse Orton, or Turner, or anyone else. I am just talking about the WRs. First, everyone talks so much about Hesters speed, but what I saw yesterday, that speed is not realized. Does everyone realize just how much he gets jammed at the LOS? Worse, does everyone realize how difficult of a time he has beating the jam? I was a bit surprised by this, as receivers w/ upper tier speed are usually given more cushion, but Hester is shown little respect. Once he does get get off the LOS, he doesn't get separation. On the…

    • 19 replies
    • 4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.