Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,547 topics in this forum
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...th-bears-49ers/ Bears are clearly taking a QB somewhere in the first few rounds (given who are current back-ups are) and the fact that we are meeting with practically every QB (or so it seems).
-
- 8 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Per Rapoport: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/769636069428097024 He actually showed some promise. Hoyer gets backup job by default.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Connor Shaw re-signed with Bears: https://twitter.com/cmshaw8/status/838037560798687233 Great signing, I think he has the potential to at least be a quality backup and potentially a starter.
-
- 11 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
I looked at 14 different 2023 Big Boards and recorded their top 10s. Using those slots, this is how the non-QB top 10 looks with the highest pick first, then number of times in the top 10: 1 Carter,DL,1-3, ranked 1st or 2nd, except 3rd once 2 Anderson,Edge,1-5 , ranked 1st or 2nd, except for one 3rd, 4th, and 5th 3 Murphy,Edge,3-10+, ranked in top 10 11 times 4 Johnston,WR,3-10+, ranked in top 10 5 times 5 Robinson,RB,4-10+ , ranked in top 10 10 times 6 Skoronski,OL,4-10+, ranked in top 10 8 times 7 Wilson,Edge,5-10+, ranked in top 10 8 times 8 Witherspoon,CB,5-10+, ranked in top 10 3 times 9 Bresee,DL,6-10+, ranked in top 1…
-
- 47 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
It is interesting looking at the mock drafts this year as the Bears have no real consensus player pick like in previous years. However, OL is selected in over 50% of the picks. OL, Edge, and RB are the 3 highest position groups. About 56% is OL, 19% Edge, 18% RB, and DT at 7%. Will Campbell - 24.5% Kelvin Banks - 21.5% Ashton Jeanty - 11.3% Others - 42.7% Mykel Williams Omarion Hampton Josh Simmons James Pearce Jr So it seems that at #10, the Bears will more than likely pick an OL, Edge, or RB.
-
- 29 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
Ok, if you guys don't mind, please post how you believe the top 7 picks will fall out in the draft: 1. CLE 2. NYG 3. IND 4. CLE 5. DEN 6. NYJ 7. TB I used the following mock draft database to come up with some consensus top 6 picks and their probability. (http://www.letsgoredskins.com/MockDraft.htm) Using the information from mocks from 10JAN until now, I came up with 660 data points (6x 110 mocks). Here are the percentages by slot for the top 6: 1. Darnold (52.7%) 2. Rosen (50%) 3. Chubb (60%) 4. Fitzpatrick (41.8%) 5. Mayfield (23.6%) 6. Allen (20.9%) This is the overall percentage on being selected in the top 6: …
-
- 19 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Mulligan of the Sun Times said the following, "It's a reason why anyone who thinks Muhammad was a bad free-agent signing by the Bears is uninformed. " For the record, part of his reasoning was/is that MM was a great run blocking WR, a role that is under-appreciated w/ WRs. Further, after stating that only the uninformed would consider MM a bad FA signing, he then mentions Thomas Smith (CB) who was signed back in 2000. I would agree Smith was a worse signing. I would even agree he was a far worse signing. But that doesn't mean MM was a good signing. As I recall, MM signed w/ the bears in early '05 to a 6 year deal. I full value of the contract varied, a…
-
- 56 replies
- 10.9k views
-
-
If we had the #1 pick in the draft, what would you do with it?
-
- 6 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
The Bears seem to be looking at or vistiting or working out just about every 2nd/3rd round RB there is: Jamaal Charles, Kevin Smith, Felix Jones, Matt Forte. But I haven't heard anything about them looking at either Ray Rice (though the Bears went to Rutgers pro day, all sources I have seen said they were looking at Jeremy Zuttah) or Chris Johnson. Are we really not interested in them, or is this more smokescreen fun? I'm thinkint particularly of 2001, when every report leading up the draft said the Bears were focusing on Lamont Jordan in the 2nd, then he's there for them to take, and they select A-Train.
-
- 5 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Ok, I am not in this camp, but I thought it was at least an interesting discussion. I saw this brought up before. Just seeing the effort from the O-Line and then the receivers on the scramble drills (or lack of effort), is it possible that some of these guys are purposely half-assing it to undermine Trubisky? The O-Line (at least everyone except Whitehair who is Mitch's friend) are getting run over to the extent that it's almost purposeful. They can't be this bad. Leno has never played worse. Massie is huge and can't move a guy 50 lbs lighter than him? Daniels who was a promising interior lineman is literally whiffing at dudes a the LOS. When have you seen all recei…
-
- 6 replies
- 1k views
-
-
I was not able to see the game last night, but from what I have read so far, the Bears resurrection is of biblical proportion. Anyone else wondering how a team that has looked flat and downright incompetent can suddenly look so good on Monday night against a strong Vikings team?
-
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
-
-
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,5241439.story Peace
-
- 15 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
One draft pick to go and that's Gabe Carimi hopefully he gets signed today along with some OL signings.
-
- 0 replies
- 602 views
-
-
I know some will look at this as a bad thing but I look at this as a good thing. He's got a lot of physical talent, played well in his 2nd year, first full year as a starter, and then fell apart in a year where our other safety was also terrible and our entire defensive front was brutal (and worst in the league against the run). He had no chance to play well a year ago and I hope he can prove that he's learned something from last year.
-
- 2 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Link. If it weren't for about 7 other injuries, this would be a big deal.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
Can't play the fade, can't tackle, can't lay a hit in the goal line, and can't play centerfield.
-
- 18 replies
- 2k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...is-meriweather/
-
- 10 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
I know this won't be a popular thought, but I would rather see the Bears bring back Martz as OC than to put Cutler and the offense through another learning curve. I see no reason to install another offense when Lovie only has 2 years left on contract. We have an good defense & special teams, but a defecient offense. No matter what/who's system we run, it will always be defecient unless we invest more into it (and many have said this even back in the Grossman/Benson days) Martz's offense can actually be the missing piece to improve Lovies D if we can just get the right personal in it. Lovies D is made to excel when playing with a lead, which he mentions 17pt…
-
- 13 replies
- 1.7k views
-