Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...80-4c02c2055a19 A few things to note. The notion that Glennon was not called or notified at all is now completely debunked. He was called 10 minutes after the pick and the next morning. So this also ties back into the secrecy scenario and the need to keep things quiet. Glennon was at the Bears draft party, so why would they invite him, then draft a QB in the 1st...... I am glad Glennon is taking all this in stride, or at least saying the right things. I am actually hoping he has a great year, which will ultimately benefit us in some way shape or form.
-
- 17 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
if there is please list them as i didn't see anything that would say this was a professional football team. glennon? hope you banked your salary cause it's the last one you will ever see in the nfl. if they actually start him again fox and pace both better be touching up their resumes. our offensive coordinator? what the hell kind of a game plan was that? if you have that little faith in your qb there is no reason to even start him. just run the pistol or whatever the hell they call it for the whole game. is this some whitehair impersonator? if not, he is playing like garbage. any hack could look as bad as him. where is shaw at these days? if trubisky…
-
- 17 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
And there it is according to Adam Shefter trubisky will make his NFL debut against the Vikings on MNF
-
- 17 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
For those who pay a little more attention to it than I do, does anyone see anything wrong with the following? Cut Mike Glennon, Dead Cap: 4500000, Cap Savings: 11500000 Cut Dion Sims, Dead Cap: 333334, Cap Savings: 5999999 Cut Bobby Massie, Dead Cap: 500000, Cap Savings: 5600000 Cut Markus Wheaton, Dead Cap: 750000, Cap Savings: 5000000 Total Cap Savings from these cuts is ~$28M. Current Cap is ~$40M. Total Cap after cuts ~$68M. Is that right?
-
- 17 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
I personally believe all is not so bleak in the Bears future as many seem to think. I have seen this type of post elsewhere, I believe back on Bearstalk.com, but I thought it would be worth mentioning again. Since the year 2000 only one team losing the SB game has returned to the playoffs, and that was a 9-7 Seattle team that made the playoffs because of an extremely weak division, otherwise it would have been 8 out of 8 failing to return. Only one team, OAK, followed up their SB loss with 2 dismal seasons back to back. Not a surprise seeing the moves OAK has made over the past few years. I feel the Bears are much better than many believe. With a return …
-
- 17 replies
- 5.2k views
-
-
I tried to include most of the top picks, even though most would be out of reach for the Bears with their current position. Which player would be the biggest upgrade over the current player? McFadden over Benson? Ryan over Grossman? Dorsey over DT2 rotation? Long/Clady over Miller? Sweed over Berrian? 10 choices was the max, so there may be other players that are not listed.
-
- 17 replies
- 6.5k views
-
-
Last week, Jerry Angelo promised that the coming offseason would bring greater dedication to offensive talent and a close examination of the offensive game philosophy the Bears have displayed under this current regime and the previous 60+ years. Face it, Ron Turner ain't leavin'. But I can handle him sticking around if he can change his offensive scheme to be more aggressive and Lovie's "Get off the bus running" attitude has to bend more as well. The flavor of the day in the NFL is to be a "Pass first" offense. The top two teams in each conference (NE Pats, Indy Colts, Dallas Cowboys, and GB Packers) are ranked 1-4 in the league in passing. New England, the "Perfect…
-
- 17 replies
- 5.4k views
-
-
I'm rather astounded there hasn't been more "love" for Adrian Peterson. AP is a complete back. He's a good receiver and he's a good blocker. He's also a "power runner" which is supposed to be ideal for Turner's system. He'd never be a pro-bowler, but he demonstrated that's he's easily the best running back on this team. While some are demanding that Orton should be the #1 QB next season, where's the love for AP? IMO AP should be named the #1 ASAP. The sad truth is, I don't see us bringing in anyone else. I'd love for us to dump Benson (today on the SCORE I heard him say that he wasn't going to do anything different this offseason . . . what a jack-ass.) There…
-
- 17 replies
- 4.8k views
-
-
The Miami Dolphins will most likely look to trade out of the #1 pick for the draft. Bill Parcells is shaking things up and will look to move his defensive philosphy into Miami. With that being said, the consensus top pick of Glen Dorsey DT LSU will not fit into that system. Darren McFadden RB could also be a top pick, but Miami has Ronnie Brown who was tearing it up before he got injured. Then you have Jake Long OLT Mich and Chris Long DE Virg., both of these guys would be better off as there pick, but I see Parcell's looking to add more pieces to fill more holes. Here's were the Bears come in. If Chicago were to trade there #1-14 and #2-44, the trade would almo…
-
- 17 replies
- 5.3k views
-
-
Check out the link. Turner needs to be more creative in his use of Wolfe next yr. http://www.nfl.com/players/darrensproles/p...le?id=SPR711296 Peace
-
- 17 replies
- 5k views
-
-
I have many: Super Bowl win in 85 Hester punt return for TD @ Arizona Urlacher takes over the game @ Arizona Gould FG to beat Seattle Safety vs New Orleans Berrian TD catch vs New Orleans Hester opening kickoff TD in Super Bowl To pick one, I'd have to go with the Hester Super Bowl TD, just b/c at the time of the Super Bowl win in 85, I was 7 and I have a vague memory of it. What is your favorite Bears moment ever?
-
- 17 replies
- 5.7k views
-
-
Hampton: We would have pounded Brady By Barry Rozner | Daily Herald Columnist Published: 1/31/2008 12:14 AM You can't help but wonder about that 1 field goal. You wonder where the 1985 Bears would have landed in history if an errant blocking call hadn't led to Walter Payton's fumble in Super Bowl XX and a Patriots field goal 1:19 into the game. After shutting out the Giants and the Rams in the first two playoff games, had the Bears been leading 44-0 instead of 44-3, Buddy Ryan would have called the fourth quarter like he did the first three, and there would have been no New England TD. "I'm glad you brought that up, because I know Buddy would have …
-
- 17 replies
- 5k views
-
-
http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php I'd be happy with this draft if it started out this way. 1-14 Chris Williams OT Vandy Jeff Otah is still on the board, so as long as we get the best OLT, I'm happy 2 -44 Andre' Woodson QB Kentucky Great leader, high completion percentage, a winner>work on quicker progressions and mechanics 3-75 Trevor Laws DT Notre Dame I could pass on a DT, but Laws is awesome and who knows what Tommie's future with the Bears will be 3-90 Tashard Choice RB Georgia-Tech Choices stock rose after the senior bowl, has a good combo of size/speed. Could be the 4th best back in the draft 4-106 Andre Caldw…
-
- 17 replies
- 4.5k views
-
-
Do offense, defense, and the 3 main ST guys QB: Kyle Orton RB: Cedric Benson WR: Bernard Berrian WR: Andre Caldwell WR: Devin Hester TE: Desmond Clark RT: Chris Williams RG: Roberto Garza C: Olin Kreutz LG: Jacob Bell LT: John Tait DE: Mark Anderson DE: Adewale Ogunleye DT: Trevor Laws DT: Tommie Harris OLB: Hunter Hillenmeyer OLB: Jamar Williams MLB: Brian Urlacher CB: Charles Tillman CB: Nathan Vasher S: Mike Brown S: Johnathan Hefney P: Brad Maynard K: Robbie Gould PR/KR: Devin Hester
-
- 17 replies
- 5.6k views
-
-
Link Cross another WR off the list.
-
- 17 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
We have an offense that needs help. So what do you do as the GM. IMHO i would look what we have left in FA and get the cheapest but best player out there like Starks from Pitt,Scott from Indy or the Seahawks Locklear or the guy from the Chargers Olivera (or somthing to that nature) Then I would go drafting. I would get Clady(OT) in the first RD. Flacco (QB)in the second RD, Charles or Johnson(RB) in the third McGlynn(G/T) in the fourth, Hubbard or Hall(WR) in the fifth, six and seventh best player in those rounds. We might need to get and extra DT and FS too
-
- 17 replies
- 4.4k views
-
-
It was already considered a possibility, but w/ the report (from PFT) that Det is set to release Kevin Jones, that would likely put RB at or near the top of Detroits draft needs. There has been a debate on this board for some time between those who want Mendenhall and those who want OT. I am in the OT camp, but have to admit, I am not a fan of Mendenhal to Detroit either.
-
- 17 replies
- 4.9k views
-
-
I just read that RB Jonathan Stewart had surgery on his toe, and will be for the next 4-6 months. He has been considered a mid 1st round pick, and there have even been some mocks w/ us taking him. His agent says he should be ready for the start of training camp, but that is only if his rehab goes according to plan. So the questions are, (1) how far will he fall. He can't workout for teams, and his injury (at least) takes him out of mini-camps and puts into question his being ready to start training camp. (2) If he fell to us in the 2nd, would he be considered a steal, or too great of a risk?
-
- 17 replies
- 4.7k views
-
-
We have talent....just enough to win a few games and make it back into the playoffs again. But the main thing I see wrong with this team is the coaching. Now the defense is ok and will do just what they do if we stay healthy, and with Brown/Dvoraecek/Payne back and with the additions of Harrison,Steltz,Bowman,Toeaina and a few others, but the offense is another story. The way I see it if it we up to me i would make alot of moves that will really work the Bears offense into one of the tops in the NFL. 1. First thing first I would throw out that old playbook and start fresh with a new one. 2. I would use the pl;ayers one the roster to crate mismatches that work for o…
-
- 17 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
Pretty damning stuff but probably won't shock anyone on this board. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...SPT-bear15.stng ''Cedric has always been lazy,'' Haynes said. ''Cedric was lazy when he first got to Chicago, and I guarantee you he is lazy now. It's the work ethic that a lot of teammates didn't like. When I was there and things didn't work out, I always showed up and I always worked hard. I tried really hard, and I never complained.'' --------------------- For the first time publicly, Haynes acknowledged he was the source of a Sun-Times story in August 2006 that revealed Benson had left Soldier Field at the beginning of a preseason game agai…
-
- 17 replies
- 4k views
-