Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

  • There are no registered users currently online

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Da Bears 88,

    • 16 replies
    • 5.1k views
  2. http://chicagobearsfanforum.com/blog/?p=255 I was listening to the radio this afternoon when Lawrence Holmes on WSCR asked an interesting question. Why is it that we get so angry at Bears running back Cedric Benson but we shrug our shoulders and accept it when the Bulls' Joakim Noah gets arrested for marijuana possession? Shouldn't we be just as upset at each? Holmes' theory is that there's a double standard because the people of Chicago just don't like Benson and because he doesn't perform on the field. My gut feeling is that this is true. My gut feeling is also that it goes deeper than that. It isn't just that Benson under performs. Its why he under performs a…

    • 16 replies
    • 4.4k views
  3. Colts | B. Sanders could open year on PUP list Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:30:25 -0700 Mike Chappell, of The Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts S Bob Sanders (shoulder) could open the 2009 season on the Physically Unable to Perform list until he gets "full go" medical clearance. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Colts | Freeney could open year on PUP list Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:29:33 -0700 Mike Chappell, of The Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts DE Dwight Freeney (foot) could open the 2009 season on the Physically Unable to Perform list until he gets "full go" medical clearance. -…

    • 16 replies
    • 4k views
  4. PFT has a piece, using quotes from Harris, saying Harris could be calling out Urlacher and Briggs. Reading the quotes, I tend to agree, or at least calling out one of them. In another thread, the title is, "Harris showing leadership". Interesting thought. Is Harris really calling out other players, and if he is, is he showing leadership? Before anyone answers, think back a couple years when Farve had some choice comments for Walker, and the way he was handling his negotiations. I seem to recall most every bear fan blasting Farve. Is this really different. I don't know that I have a problem w/ his comments, as they are pretty much dead on. The issue to me is…

    • 16 replies
    • 5.6k views
  5. Started by jason,

    Favre should NEVER play for the Bears, or the Vikings for that matter. Vomitous was the word he used. I completely agree. It's vomitous to consider the idea if you are a Packer fan losing Favre, or a Bears fan possibly gaining Favre. I know it's completely unrealistic, and will never happen, but it's mostly because Favre should be smart enough to know that playing for either the Bears or the Vikings would be a gut-punch to all his most loyal fans. With that said, have Bears fans become so desperate for a competent offense that they are willing to push aside decades of a heated rivalry, decades of genuine anger and hatred, to sign a guy who has continually rip…

    • 16 replies
    • 4.2k views
  6. Here is a prediction from Yahoo sports for Forte this year. If he lived up to this projection, would it fall short of you expectations, exceed your expectations, or is this what you were expecting? I am just curious what everyone is thinking Forte will offer the Bears in 2008.

  7. Started by bradjock,

    First I'll reiterate what Crackerdog has said: Training camp's awesome because you're able to get so close to the players, practice, etc. Got autographs from Gould, McGowan, Rashied Davis, Zack Bowman, Kevin Payne, AND even Jerry Angelo. JA was off by himself on a mountain bike. I said, "great off-season . . . are we going to get Hester taken care of? He said, "We hope so." He signed my football: "Go Bears! Jerry Angelo." Then I reared back, punched him in the nose & screamed, "That's for drafting Benson you bastard!!!" (Ok, I made that last part up. But it's strange that a guy so many have wanted to murder seemed friendly and laid back. He's actually …

    • 16 replies
    • 3.9k views
  8. Started by CrackerDog,

    He's in two plays from this footage of yesterday's practice and he really stands out as being BIG and looks like he's got some speed too. Maybe another steal? Wonder if he can run block?

    • 16 replies
    • 4.8k views
  9. Started by ChileBear,

    The Trib is reporting that Nick Hill is gone. Now we have 3.

    • 16 replies
    • 3.8k views
  10. For a Packer and Favre hater, nothing I could have ever dreamed up could be better than this. Packer nation is divided and they're tearing each other up. Favre's "will he - won't he" routine has Bears fans everywhere smiling. Frankly, you couldn't write this script any better. The Packers couldn't have handled this more poorly. Any professional management group would've known long ago, with Favre (or any face of the franchise player) you have two choices in this situation: 1.) Welcome him back with open arms 2.) Cut him Offering him $25 million to NOT PLAY was the cherry on top of the sundae. As sick of this story as I am, it's like a car a…

    • 16 replies
    • 3.5k views
  11. Started by AZ54,

    I'm anxiously awaiting the preseason games to see how our WR situation will settle out. What seems clear is that Hass is again catching everything thrown at him. In some of the highlight videos I see him out there against the #1 defense catching passes all over the field including deep against Vasher. What we appear to know so far is that Hester isn't going anywhere, neither is Bennett or Davis. It seems Lloyd has played well and seems headed for a roster spot although his big question mark has been toughness and that can only be seen in some of these preseason games. Given what I've heard so far I think he's on the final roster. I believe with Hester s…

    • 16 replies
    • 2.8k views
  12. Started by madlithuanian,

    Well, we're 2 pre-season games into the new season and we seem to have more questions than we may have initially thought... I also have noticed an abundance of "I told you so's" and "don't be negative's" flowing quite heavily. Heck, I'm personally guilty of both things to some degree! I was one of many who claimed that we shouldn't go so heavy after OL in the draft. While I thought we would make splashes in FA (Faneca), I was still sure the OL wouldn't be that much of an issue. Man, was I wrong! I've already posted about eating my plate of crow... Also, I've been quite harsh on the management and coaching staff. While I still am unsatisfied...I'll simply curb …

    • 16 replies
    • 3.3k views
  13. Started by madlithuanian,

    Bears to let go WR Hass By Brad Biggson August 29, 2008 12:55 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0) Wide receiver Mike Hass, the Biletnikoff Award winner, has been informed he will be released. Hass was with the team all last season and dressed for just one game. He spent the 2006 season on the practice squad.

    • 16 replies
    • 3.1k views
  14. Started by GrizzlyBear,

    Only 5 left, wonder who and what position got slammed. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,4979535.story

    • 16 replies
    • 3.2k views
  15. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,104485 Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:56 pm EDT Love/Hate: Chicago Bears By MJD As we continue gathering steam towards the regular season, Shutdown Corner touches on all 32 teams, outlining reasons to love and/or hate them. Today, the Chicago Bears. Love the Bears: This team could set records. Since adopting a 16-game schedule, the record for fewest points scored in a season is held by the 1992 Seahawks with 140, averaging 8.75 points per game. This Bears team could give chase. Let's break it down. At quarterback, we're likely to see both Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton, who I think could accurately b…

    • 16 replies
    • 3.5k views
  16. Started by Wesson44,

    Matt Forte will be the first rookie running back to start a season opener for the Bears since Walter Payton in 1975. Informed that Payton was held to zero yards on 8 carries in his debut, Forte said, "Hopefully I'll do better than that." Yes hopefully you will for our sake.

  17. Started by Noots,

    Noots’ Notes-Game Three: 27-24 OT Loss to Tampa BayBy Michael Nudo Former Bear quarterback Brian Griese led a second-half Tampa Bay comeback to tie and then defeat the Bears 27-24 in front of a stunned Bears’ home opener crowd. Losing more than their composure (AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh). OFFENSE QuarterbackKyle Orton (22-34-268, 2 TD, 2 INT, 6-21) had an up and down performance. He threw an interception for a touchdown on a middle screen intended for Desmond Clark. Orton missed open receivers on numerous short routes that left many observers scratching their heads. On deeper passes, he under threw open receivers on several occasions as well. His other …

  18. Started by CrackerDog,

    Frustrating. For the second week in a row we've turned victory into defeat. This one was worse because you can't pin it specifically on one guy fumbling away his only two catches. This game came down to a few things: * Bad play calling and/or execution. We can't seem to gain those few yards we need on third down to extend our offensive series. Leaving just enough time on the clock for Griese to lead them down for the tying score. * Bad luck. There were a few opportunities we had on tipped balls where we were inches from making yet another pick. Either of these could've ended it right there, on the spot. * Stupidity combined with poor officiati…

  19. Started by DrunkBomber,

    We have three decent DEs who have all shown flashes but this team hasnt had a pass rusher that can take over a game in a long time. The closest thing I can think of isnt even a DE, its Colvin. If this team could get a guy who can actually make a team gameplan for him our defense would dominate. Our d line has been ok the past few years and this year looks good against the run but if we could get pressure on the qb I think our defense could generate ridiculous amounts of turnovers. Look what happened yesterday when we needed a stop, Griese was sitting in the pocket all day. I think a safety and defensive end should be needs for this off season along with OL, QB and po…

    • 16 replies
    • 3.6k views
  20. Started by akshaz,

    Well, this guy has shown that he can tackle. However, he is FAAAR from replacing Vasher in the lineup. The dude has no ball skills and cannot make the simplest of interceptions. Ryan made several looping throws that should have been easily picked off if the CB made a better adjustment to the ball. It was very frustrating to watch. We need our boys back. As much as we've been hearing from Lovie about our backup CBs, these dudes didn't impress at all.

    • 16 replies
    • 3.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.