Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
If this guy hangs around until the 3rd rd, I would take him in a heart beat. Put Williams at LOT, Place Sinclair next to him at LOG, OK as Center, Place Johnson at ROG, and then grab a ROT in the draft or FA. Problem solved, we have a solid and powerful OL. Herman Johnson, LSU, One Huge OG prospect, Would look great in a Bears Uniform, IMO.
-
- 12 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
I'm going to take a stab at this... Besides going Madden on this and blowing up our roster and trying to get picks, etc...I'm going to approach this as is. What FA are possible, where our draft picks are etc... I'll be utilizing this site for potential available FA's.... http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/ol.html 1. FA pick ups: OL - Keep on T (Williams), and one G (Garza)...the rest should be cut or traded. a. Logan Mankins (G), I want a winner, someone who knows what winning is like. He's only 27, fairly young. NE tends not to want to pay $$$$. b. Marcus McNeil (T), young kid. We need youth and he's also got some size... c. Justin H…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
If BearFansUnited.org are successful what would you do? The family does not have the money to eat the contracts of Lovie and JA AND hire a big name (Shanahan or ???) to take charge. I personally do not fault JA for our problems. He brought in Cutler. He signed Pace who we all felt would be a great improvement over St Clair (little did we know). He brought in several other OLmen trying to beef up the OL. Was he successful, no, but he did make an attempt to fix a problem and I am sure he will address it again this off season. He tried to go after a #1 WR in Boldin. He has done a good job of finding players for our coaching staff to work with. The pr…
-
- 14 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Every time we think we are going to have a good year, they disappoint us.Every time we expect so little they suprize us. Is it finally the year where we play up to our potenial from day 1. I think so. We now have a more talented Offense to live in the present of the NFL. The defense is starting to slide some, but if we can get top 16 production out of it, we maybe will be talking 11 to 12 victories. Im not drinking coolaid this morning. The STs is always one of the best, so with an upgraded offense, good things could be coming.
-
- 21 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Why not?? The Bears need someone to take over for Briggs. The only problem being that he would have to change his number.
-
- 8 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Maybe I'm in a minority here, but the longer this CBA dispute goes on, the more disinterested I'm becoming in the upcoming season. I'm sure I'll change my tune once a deal is in place and everything gears up. But in a casual poll among my NFL fan friends, we're all kind of liking and enjoying the time off from thinking about the NFL. This doesn't bode well for the league. I'm sure we'll all come back to it. But will we do so with as much passion as we've had for the last decade? I don't think so. I could be wrong, and we all fall off the cliff with the rest of the lemmings once it starts up. But, I really do think this time off has given us all far too much time t…
-
- 7 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
I know it isn't going to happen.... And I know most of you do not agree... But I sure wish the Bears would consider picking up Simms from TBB and have him as our #3 (he may be better than Rex or Kyle). I honestly think he is an outstanding young prospect at QB. Yes, he had a severe injury but it was a spleen, not a knee or shoulder, or ankle, etc... Last time I checked a spleen is not necessary to be a good QB, you do have to have a heart and a brain, that Simms has, along with, IMHO, talent.
-
- 9 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Statement made? Jimmy is gone and Fales is new backup. Gotta draft a solid QB to groom next year, oh, unless Fales has something we don't know.
-
- 15 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
-
This would be a difficult pill to swallow. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown...00408--nfl.html I agree with the quote in the article. This guys gets paid millions to be available on 16 days a year. If he is out one of those games because of something non-football related, I think he should be fined a game check. I know it sounds harsh, but he's being paid to play the game. He's not being paid to play it unless, ya know, he's got other stuff going on.
-
- 21 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
I think we can all agree our OL has sucked this year and has been a key problem for our offense. Many have screamed to build the OL for years, and w/ the OL so bad this year and everyone talking about it, it seemed like our wishes would finally be granted in this offseason. Now I have to wonder. In the last game against Minny, we saw a huge difference from the first game. Williams replaced Pace at LT, and did a pretty damn good job. I know he got a lot of help, but he also blocked Allen one-on-one plenty of times, and more than held his own. Omiyale was unbelievably awful early in the season prior to being benched. But in the last couple games, has h…
-
- 14 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
I admit that I haven't seen him a ton, but I have seen enough to form an opinion. I have gone to Youtube and looked at a few highlights as well. So, what I want to know is this: Is Rashard Mendenhall a speed back or a power back? From nearly everything I've seen, he's not explosively fast. He appears to be more of a power back whose speed was accentuated by playing in a quirky spread offense. If the Bears draft him, isn't he essentially the same type of player as Benson?
-
- 7 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Didn't see that coming. Guess we get another RB in the draft.
-
- 35 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...-act-like-that/
-
- 22 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
never woulda thought that.... oh wait Ya I completely did. I know its TC, never put any stock into it... But this will go down as epic bust
-
-
Early reports are that this move is possible.. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...521-column.html
-
- 20 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Big game... Tice, entire O need to get something going.... They need to build some confidence... This O needs to start gelling.. It would be pretty sad to waste a great D!!!
-
- 23 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
There has been a ton of critical talk from this past game, understandably, but there were a couple players who I think could warrant some positive comments. Daniel Manning - I have ripped him up and down for some time, but he has really showed development. We saw his contributions last year as a returner and nickel. In camp, we hear he will be our starting FS, and there was a collective moan. Now I wonder though. There was a particular play that really stood out to me. I don't want to make too much from one play, but at the same time, it was the sort that gives me hope. I believe DM was playing FS, but he may have been the nickel. As much as we mix it up, its …
-
- 13 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Remaining playoff teams and their QB Dallas - Romo New Orleans - Brees Arizona - Warner Minn - Favre Ravens - Flacco (meh) Colts - Manning San Diego - Rivers Jets - Sanchez (meh meh) If you want to add round one losers: Eagles - McNabb Green Bay - Rogers New England - Brady Bengals - Palmer Quite simply the odds are that if you have one of the better QBs you will make the playoffs. It's not always true and you usually have some elite defense in the mix too (Jets this year). We've had threads on this topic before but despite how we finished this season I still feel it was worth it to have a young talented QB on our team.
-
- 16 replies
- 2.9k views
-