Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

  • There are no registered users currently online

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Connorbear,

    If he was listed as probable and practiced all week, then he should have played. Maybe the comments from Drake earlier this week that he did not want to discuss Lloyd until he plays is a sign that he is in the doghouse. Peace

  2. Started by CrackerDog,

    Do you take him? Most needs are settled. Interesting.

    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
  3. Started by Stinger226,

    I am disappointed at missing out on one big signing of a playmaker, but lets look at last year first. Everybody got excited at signing Trevathan but we missed out on Malik Jackson and Javous Jenkins, I dont remember people complaining much. We signed Hicks, Freeman and Sitton that all made our team better but I dont remember people celebrating such great free agents. Massie ended up being an okay signing. Hicks was close to being a pro bowl player, Sitton did make the pro bowl and Freeman played like a stud while Trevathan got hurt. On day one we didnt get blowed away but if we look back to last year, I would have to say we did quite well. You can not…

    • 17 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. Started by jason,

    The more mocks I do, the more I read about players, the more I see where some are available, the more I like this draft. There are very, very good players available in the 3rd and 4th rounds. With that said, what's your nightmare mock draft? The picks have to be in reasonable rounds (i.e. no kickers in the 1st), but after that all bets are off. Mine: 1 - Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama - I've said from nearly the beginning I wasn't super impressed by him. When I've seen him, he's good but never "the guy." This would be a reach for the hope of a shutdown corner. He should go late 1st round, not early. 2 - Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee - The Bears gamble …

  5. Started by bradjock,

    http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2010/02/wh...viate_from.html I keep hearing this but I haven't believed it. The one thing this article mentions is that Lovie & JA must win NOW. Cap question: I'm assuming the Bears aren't going to spend more then they would normally. In other words, if the cap would have been around 120 million, we'll likely spend around 120 million. I can't see JA given an unlimited amount of money to spend. That being said, how much do the Bears have to spend based on what the cap likely would have been?

    • 12 replies
    • 2.4k views
  6. Started by jason,

    The Bengals had a MONSTER draft. Stupendous. Book end Tackles. Starting TE. Tackling machine ILB. Versatile CB. Rangy, great value FS. Wow.

    • 8 replies
    • 2.4k views
  7. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    Was reading a story in the Bleacher Report on "Top 10 undrafted free agents who could be a major contributor in 2014" and former FSU LB Christian Jones (now Chicago Bears) was mentioned. (Sorry can't post the link). According to some links in the story he was once a higher touted player but "failed a drug test at the combine" and dropped in stock as a result. Comparisons were of him to the Bills Manny Lawson. Anyone heard of him? I like what I see. Maybe an eventual starter in place of Greene or if SMC fails miserably at his conversion?

    • 19 replies
    • 2.4k views
  8. Started by jason,

    Suppose the draft goes crazy. I'm talking "Kevin Costner making horrendous trades in Draft Day, getting his guy, causing a #1 QB to fall and nobody takes him"-crazy. Who do you want as your #1 guy? Honestly, I don't see how the Titans pick anyone but Tunsil. They have some offensive weapons, and just need to protect. Cleveland is picking a QB, and Goff seems like the #1 guy. Bosa is rated as the #1 guy overall on most boards, so he probably doesn't make it past SD. After that, however, all bets are off. So, assuming a small amount of realism, who do you hope makes it to 11 and the Bears can't help but to pick him? My guy is Ronnie Stanley. He's a s…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.4k views
  9. Started by AZ54,

    Remember, we (the board) have just chosen an OG in the 1st Rd so for building our team who do you want to pick in Rd 2? I'm listing Warford because it was entirely possible Long was chosen to be an OT. As we build our team for the future which player best fits our remaining needs and/or BPA as you see fit. For me the pick is Arthur Brown. With the board having gone OG in Rd 1 I feel we must get best talent available to bring youth to our LB corps. I was against taking him in Rd 1 because I don't think he has what we need to play MLB, but at this point in the draft Brown represents very good value and fills a need.

    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
  10. Started by balta1701-A,

    There are a couple of now-approved rules changes for the NFL next year, if that happens. There's also supposedly potential for loss of draft picks if a team is a repeat offender.

    • 5 replies
    • 2.4k views
  11. Started by LT2_3,

    I realize that it may seem waaaaaaaaaay early for this, but Yahoo has opened Fantasy Football 2010 for entrance. I'm wondering if people are interested in joining yet. It might just give us another time waster of football related things to talk about. I've already renewed the league Talkbears 2 and set a draft time of Sept 5th at 8:00pm. Draft invites have been sent to all of last year's teams. I'm looking forward to seeing where the Bears WRs are ranked. Any thoughts?

    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
  12. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/02/17/rep...y-david-bruton/ Is there any guy on the Bronco defense we are not interested in? The timing of this report is weird since it's 21 days until free agency and he appears to be a mediocre starting safety. You figure it came from the agent, but again, he's a mediocre safety who happened to play for the best defense in the league.

    • 10 replies
    • 2.4k views
  13. Started by AZ54,

    I'm still fighting off the boredom of July so it's time to ask about what folks are expecting out of our players who didn't contribute much last year or who weren't even on the roster. Given how bad our D was there are plenty of opportunities for someone to garner attention in training camp. On offense it's a different story but there are some spots such as backup RB, 3rd WR, that figure to see some serious competition. I'm going with Kyle Fuller. I was very impressed by his highlight videos (game film not just highlights) and I think he's an excellent football player with outstanding instincts and smarts. I think he shows up early and often in camp, even aga…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.4k views
  14. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    per everyone. 2 year deal

    • 17 replies
    • 2.4k views
  15. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    per Peggy Kusinski from NBC More to come

    • 12 replies
    • 2.4k views
  16. Started by AZ54,

    Seems Jay is making a point to management: http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=8138 "His ability in this offense is endless," Cutler said of Forte. "He's such a smart player and he's so versatile. This offense really can't run without him back there. The way he's able to take screens and get into the passing game and still run between the tackles, he's a threat all over the field and there's not many running backs who can do what he does."

  17. Started by NAMEDSONPAYTON2,

    Cutler needs to change the snap count.Me and the saints know exactly when the ball is being hiked. Every game it's the same snap count

    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
  18. Started by Wesson44,

    Lets see what you think about this. The Bears spend some money and aquire Kevin Jones(RB), Bentley(LG), Farve/Culpepper(QB) Henry(WR). Would these players make us a better team if we got them to do the right thing(Henry)? Just a thought. LOL!!

    • 6 replies
    • 2.4k views
  19. Started by AZ54,

    My focus: First has anyone seen anything regarding starters playing? All of my usual sources have nothing on it. LT - I listened to Tom Thayer yesterday and he said he hasn't seen anyone really take hold of the starting job at LT. I'm guessing this story continues even into the season as Ozzy works his way back. The only thing I can glean from various comments from practice observers is that Kiran is likely done. Wills might work his way back into the competition but that likely depends on his play today. Other than that maybe they just stick with Braxton for the near term to start getting continuity on the line. If Theo is the floor for all this well then…

    • 63 replies
    • 2.4k views
  20. Started by adam,

    HOME Minnesota (11-4) Philadelphia (11-4) Green Bay (10-5) New England (10-5) NY Jets (8-7) Seattle (5-10) Washington (4-11) Detroit (2-13) AWAY Minnesota (11-4) Green Bay (10-5) Dallas (10-5) NY Giants (8-7) Miami (7-8) Carolina (7-8) Buffalo (5-10) Detroit (2-13) These games are assuming the NFL uses the same pattern they have used thru 2009. I used info from this site: http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfcn.htm

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.