Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by adam,

    1. Jake Long to Miami 2. Chris Long to St. Louis 3. Glenn Dorsey to Atlanta 4. Darren McFadden to Oakland 5. Vernon Gholston to Kansas City 6. ?????????????? to NY Jets

  2. http://bearingthenews.com/?p=1446 Jerry Angelo Needs to Be the “Manager” The Peter Principle states that “in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence”, meaning that employees tend to be promoted until they reach a position at which they cannot work competently. The problem with climbing up the latter at any place of employment is that they promote you for doing a well at what you do to fill a position where you are called upon to do something totally different. For instance, I was promoted to professor in a science department at an academic institution because I could do experiments at the bench. Guess how many experiments I…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.3k views
  3. Started by dawhizz,

    We only have one offseason to draw from, and from what I understand the Bears have more cap space this offseason than last. That said, last year and his general comments suggest Pace is more likely to target young, up and coming players (see McPhee) than break the bank for a guy that’s established, but might not be worth his contract in four years. So I can’t really see a fit with Von Miller, Josh Norman, Muhammad Wilkerson, or even Malik Jackson. That said, here's some guys I like: - Danny Trevathan, LB, Broncos – ILB is the biggest need for the Bears (Pace has said as much), Trevathan has the Fox connection, and there’s not a lot of other ILB depth in FA, and I…

  4. Started by 50england50,

    What are your thoughts on the biggest disappoint this year. Mine is the offense and especially the offensive line. I understand the Cutler concerns and it depends on everyone's position i.e. Are you a Culter or a hater. My position is that I felt he has the physical tools and hoped he would gain the mental apptitude to play the position however his salary this year is guaranteed so if you can't trade him do you cut him and take the $16 million + cap hit. I wouldn't. Should we have drafted a QB in hindsight yes but the ones drafted this year could regress. In relation to the oline I feel this is the most important piece and could still change our season. We hav…

  5. Started by Daventry,

    Small blurb on official Bears site says Piso is out for Thursday's game, who takes his place? I assume Roach, but wonder if anyone has seen anything definitive.

  6. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,0,269817.story

    • 10 replies
    • 2.3k views
  7. Started by tshanno,

    Points of View, May 31, 2008 http://chicagobearsfanforum.com/blog/?p=259 The Bears * The Chicago Tribune's David Haugh has a nice take on Brian Urlacher deciding to show up for mandatory workouts. Showing up simply represents the best negotiating ploy for Urlacher, who still will be seeking a new contract Friday when he enters Halas Hall. If he is cleared to participate fully in practice, this would give Urlacher a great opportunity to disprove any doubts about his back and surgically repaired neck. Nothing backs up Urlacher's words that he has recovered well from neck surgery and got in shape in Arizona than showing it on a practic…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.3k views
  8. Started by DrunkBomber,

    Redskins get DE Taylor from Dolphins after Daniels goes down ASHBURN, Va. -- Jason Taylor wanted out of Miami, and Bill Parcells seemed only too happy to trade the "Dancing with the Stars" defensive end. So when the Washington Redskins lost a starting lineman to a season-ending injury Sunday, a significant swap quickly got done. The Redskins gave the Dolphins a second-round pick in 2009 and a sixth-round choice in 2010 for Taylor, who is leaving the only NFL team he's known. The six-time Pro Bowl defensive end -- who was the 2006 NFL Defensive Player of the Year -- fell out of favor in Miami after spending his offseason on a TV show rather than working…

  9. Started by Wesson44,

    NFL | Multiple teams showing interest in H. Johnson Tue, 17 Mar 2009 05:41:23 -0700 The San Diego Chargers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Miami Dolphins and Chicago Bears are teams who have shown the most interest in Louisiana State OL Herman Johnson during postseason events. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NFL | H. Johnson's draft stock rising Tue, 17 Mar 2009 05:35:01 -0700 Louisiana State OL Herman Johnson has lost 26 pounds since the Senior Bowl, down from 382 pounds to 356 pounds, and as a result has steadily risen up the draft boards of many teams, according to his agent Albert Elias. -------…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.3k views
  10. Started by bradjock,

    Just read it on PFT.

    • 10 replies
    • 2.3k views
  11. Started by barnesat,

    So I was just on the Bears website and happened to see a picture of Obama on the homepage wearing a Bears jacket. I completely forgot he was a Bears fan. Not trying to start anything political here, but maybe he could help the Bears decision to get a new coach for next season. I mean he has got to have some pull right? Maybe we should petition him instead of the Bears organization for a coaching change since they would discard the notion anyways. I mean if he can "pick" the final four why not have him suggest the Bears clean house. Just a random thought.

  12. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    I lost my feed to NFL Network. (Dang Dish Network!!!) And was hoping to see some Combine stuff, specificially the OLer's and Flacco!! By the by, I for one am disappointed to see Muhammad go. He may not have been like they hoped he would have been 3 years ago but I believe that he was a strong and positive influence in the locker room with the younger players. And, he was willing to go over the middle, despite his advanced years. Good luck Moose wherever you end up next.

  13. Started by jason,

    I'm happy with the JA firing, and lukewarm on Martz resigning (mostly because I believe JA's failures have made it nearly impossible for Martz to truly succeed or implement a complete offense). However, there is still quite a bit of cause for concern. 1. Ted Phillips is apparently in charge. He is not a football guy. 2. Any new GM will be forced to take Lovie. Most superiors don't like subordinates forced upon them. This is especially true in the world of GMs. 3. Any new OC will almost certainly be weak. They won't want to be under a HC on thin ice with a new GM who will probably want to hire his own guy quite soon. 4. Number 3 makes "Mike Tice named t…

  14. Started by lemonej,

    Pace has had me totally fooled throughout his tenure, yet I still try to figure out his mindset. This is my last attempt before the draft. 20. Tevin Jenkins OT Oklahoma St. Hoping this puts Leno Jr. on the June 1st cut list 32. Pace trades back into the first round gives up 52 in 2021, 2nd in 2022 and Anthony Miller Kyle Trask QB Fla 83. Shaun Wade CB Ohio St. If his meds check out we have 2 young CBs for the future. 164. Alaric Jackson OT Iowa if Pace is in true job security mode another OT prospect for depth and starting potential is needed. 204. Jonathon Cooper Edge Ohio St. Robert Quinn consider yourself one and done 208. Tyre…

    • 22 replies
    • 2.3k views
  15. Started by Uncle Buck,

    I was listening to the radio this morning. One of the guests, while discussing the game said something to the effect that there were things that need to be "cleaned up", "corrected", and "coached up". I'm sorry but I can't stand these three phrases anymore. Cleaned up means squat; if a player at this point in his career can't figure out what his game responsibilities are, then they can't be corrected and maybe, just maybe, the player sucks. Coached up to me signifies that there is some amazing exponential growth potential just sitting there. I guess what I am saying is these three overused comments make it sound like that some phenomenal change is sitting there …

    • 11 replies
    • 2.3k views
  16. Started by Connorbear,

    Marinelli out of the consideration in Seattle. http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/01/ba...t_marinell.html Peace

    • 8 replies
    • 2.3k views
  17. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    As a heads up...you might notice some posts from today missing. I was trying to do an upgrade and ran into an issue and had to restore from yesterday's backup. Apologies for the inconvenience. Either way, I'll be updating forum software shortly (shouldn't be an issue) but in case someone sees site down for a few hours, that would be why.

    • 16 replies
    • 2.3k views
  18. Started by adam,

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=4424660 Not really surprising, but any drama for them is better for us.

  19. Started by ostrogoth,

    The Bears and Brian Urlacher are discussing a restructuring of his contract. Urlacher signed a nine-year deal in 2003, but will make just $3.95 million this season, as salary inflation has far exceeded the increments in his agreement. The timing is bad for Urlacher, though, as he suffered with a sore back for much of last season, and still won't be able to run for two more weeks after undergoing neck surgery. Source: Chicago Tribune Michael Turner is visiting the Falcons Friday. Atlanta, looking for a power rusher, is the most logical landing spot for Turner. We wouldn't be surprised if he signs Friday. The Lions, Bears and Saints are also said to be actively …

  20. http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10808112

    • 2 replies
    • 2.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.