Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
From an article on the Sun Times, this is a bit scarey..... (maybe we should trade down )
-
- 11 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
The Bears have formally submitted a contract offer to free agent OT John St. Clair. The proposal is for three years and probably about $5-6 million annually. Vernon Carey's six-year, $42M deal reset the tackle market, however, and St. Clair may wait for free agency to compare the Bears' offer against others. Source: Chicago Tribune
-
- 11 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
Buried in a piece about the Bengals possibly signing Housh is this nugget: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090226/SPT02/302260058 "The Bengals decided not to place the franchise tag on Houshmandzadeh, which would’ve been for $9.88 million. It is believed that he is looking for a deal upwards of $10 million per season. As many as eight teams could be in the T.J. Derby starting Friday, but the favorites remain the Eagles, Giants and Bears." This is the first i've ever heard of the Bears being linked to Housh outside of the blogosphere. He is certainly the style of WR we could use, and he could teach Earl Bennet (since Earl is of that mold as well), but…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Looking at the end of the first round, there are several teams that might go WR...and that could cause a run on WRs that screws the Bears out of at least an option to take a second-tier WR with their second pick. TB - They really need a WR badly. Detroit - All jokes aside, they STILL need another WR. Someone to compliment Calvin Philly- How many years will they need weapons for McNabb? Minny-Berrian is their #1, but Rice and Wade aren't that impressive. NE - Nope. They're good. Atlanta - Need a compliment to Roddy White, and Jenkins isn't that great Miami - Ginn is still not great...need more weapons Baltimore - Always a need Indianapolis - Marvin's…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Remember when we signed Phillip Daniels, and he got something like $8m SB, and that was considered top tier money at the time? Today, that is a tad more than we have given an OL who has started one game in the last 4 years, w/ two different teams. In the last few days, I have been discussing FA w/ some friends, and in those discussions, I came to realize something. We all had been shocked in the last couple years at the deals FAs have been signing. The idea of giving X of dollars to some average player was simply shocking. To me, the money given to average/just above average players has been even more shocking than money given to big ticket players, who have alwa…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
On either of these guys. I have been out of the NFL loop lately and recently heard that Cutler has been in an on again, off again situation with his new HC McDaniels(?) and recently is in a definite off again frame of mind? And, over in Philly I hear again the rumblings of McNabb possibly entertaining the idea of going elsewhere, especially with the recent loss of Tra Thomas (and other key players before). With either of these guys as potential(s) is there a possiblity of either coming to Chicago? I hear that both would be interested if the situation arose. If I had to choose, as much as I like McNabb, I think Cutler would be the better choice of the two …
-
- 11 replies
- 3k views
-
-
These are the guys who I watched play and think are NFL caliber players that are not being talked about as much as they should be. The list: Quarterbacks Brian Johnson Utah -his Height and durabilty are in question but he has taken snaps for 4 years and if you saw how he performed in the Sugar Bowl against Alabama you would think he has an ability to develop on the next level. Drew Willy Buffalo- his level of competition is in question but IMO he is a more polished prospect than the much more heralded Nate Davis of Ball State from the same conference(MAC). Mike Reilly Central Washington- his school alone and its location makes him over looked and at the S…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Two receivers I haven't heard anyone really talk about as possibilities for the Bears, which would seem to be for good reason as they share a lot of similarities to Devin Hester (at least in theory). But let's say the top receivers are gone by our second round pick (Crab, Maclin, DHB, Nicks, Britt, Robiskie), and Harvin has somehow falled and Williams is on the board. Should the Bears consider taking either of them (as talent-wise they would be considered good value) or do you pass because they seem too redundant? I've seen a bit of each, but I honestly haven't looked at them very much. I'm not even sure what kind of receiver they both are after watching their highlights …
-
- 11 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5721 April 9, 2009 Williams doesn't mind making move from left to right tackle By: Larry Mayer | Last Updated: 4/9/2009 2:01 PM * LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Chris Williams may still be the Bears’ left tackle of the future. But the 2008 first-round draft pick from Vanderbilt is the team’s right tackle of the present. Williams will flip-flop positions to accommodate the addition of free agent Orlando Pace, a seven-time Pro Bowler who will line up at left tackle after signing a three-year contract with the Bears. Chris Williams is moving from left tackle to right tackle in his…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
2. Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma Still on the board: Chung, Delmas, Duke Robinson, Derrick Williams 3. Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech Still on the board: Nobody worth mentioning 4. Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State Still on the board: Gibson, Jason Williams, Mickens 5. James Davis, RB, Clemson Still on the board: Vazquez, Francies, Casillas, Henry Melton, Orion Martin, Bruton 5. Mark Parson, CB, Ohio Still on the board: Collie, Morgan Trent, Maiava, Veikune, Ogletree That wouldn't be so bad. Parson was a 2nd or 3rd a month back so he's of good value there. I'd rather have Melton, Martin, or Vazquez then Davis. We already have For…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Only about 10% of our posters glasses with be overflowing, maybe 30% will view the draft with a half full glass, about 40% of the posters will view the draft with a half empty glass, and the remaining 20% of the posters glasses will be empty as they will throw them through their TV screen, breaking not only their TV but the glass as they curse Angelo and demand his resignation. Angelo will trade down at least twice. Angelo will draft only 1 or 2 players many of us ever heard of or considered in all our drafts. Anyone else want to add their predictions? LOL
-
- 11 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
On ESPN1000, JD just reported that we really want Derrick Williams out of Penn State at 49. Yuck. Give me MoMass over Williams.
-
- 11 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
At the beginning of the second round, the Bears told Ohio safety Michael Mitchell to stay by his phone because they planned to draft him at No. 49. But the Raiders beat them to it, taking Mitchell two spots earlier. "When [the Bears] did that, I was like, 'I'm going to be a Chicago Bear,' " Mitchell told the Raiders media during a teleconference. "That's what I was thinking." That's what the Bears were thinking, too, until Oakland raided their second-round cupboard http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,4716296.column Wow. Everyone was killing this pick when it was the Raiders. It will be interesting to see how he pans out.
-
- 11 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...n=chicago-bears So being a Bears fan I have to admit I'm starting to get a little nervous about the goings on behind the scenes. Is this typical with Fox? (being evasive about the status of players?). I know a lot of you are pretty much writing this year off before it starts but I'm not. I don't like going into something with a defeatist attitude. I have some glimmer of hope the team will do better that expected. I have to, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Heck I don't like the Cubs due in part that I believe they simply will never win the big one in my lifetime. Anyhow with White out and now AJ under that same cloud o…
-
- 11 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
Did not practice today and was not made available to the media: https://twitter.com/DickersonESPN/status/640935867557769217 I really hope he and Royal are 100% come Sunday.
-
- 11 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/...illion-in-2016/ Only the Raiders have more at $72M....
-
- 11 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
With the announcement of his 6th missed game, it is hard for me to see the Bears paying him Top 5 WR money or even franchising him for $12mil. The franchise number is skewed because of Megatron's ridiculous deal which looks even worse today (2016 cap hit $24mil). I think I would be ok with something under $10mil for a couple of years, but even $10mil a year would put him 11th overall. Is he worth it, especially considering the injury history? If we did go in another direction, these are the best available WR's under 30 this season: Unrestricted Free Agents: Travis Benjamin, 25, CLE, 61-893-5 Marvin Jones, 25, CIN, 57-745-4 Rueben Randle, 24, NYG, 51-638-6 …
-
- 11 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Bears met with Braxton Miller yesterday. An interesting prospect. I'd be interested in the later rounds. I've seen where he is projected in the 4th round, which is probably earlier than I'd like to target a wideout. https://mobile.twitter.com/RosterWat...0676326400?p=v
-
- 11 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29553...t-malik-jackson There is no way I want to pay this guy $10mil/yr for 5 years. 45 tackles combined and just 5 sacks considering the outstanding outside pressure he had forcing QBs to step up in the pocket. Especially not when the DT talent in this draft is so good throughout the first two rounds. If that's the Bronco's offer then we'd have to go well above that to get him to sign since his preference is to stay in Denver. Elway knows keeping that defense together is the only way they'll get back. But still that's getting crazy IMO and he's probably got to pay Von Miller $17-20mil/yr.
-
- 11 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
#Bears have agreed to a 1-year deal with Marc Mariani. Welcome back, @marcmariani80! ?⬇️ https://t.co/VEZxvrKkyn
-
- 11 replies
- 2.1k views
-