Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

  • There are no registered users currently online

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    Dont have a lot to say on the subject other than to say I like the idea of him being on the sideline. I was reading a Q/A session with Larry Meyer said he did it due to having two rookies in at LB. Although they didn't show anything special most of the rest of the D did. I understand that Coach Tucker intends to be down their again this week. Better production by the D because their coach is actually on the sideline = coincidence? We shall see.

  2. Started by jason,

    Mel Tucker:Defense::Offense:John Shoop Thoughts?

  3. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    according to LaConfora https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora Hard to believe a former DC of the Browns is a good hire....

    • 51 replies
    • 12.4k views
  4. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colle...0112-story.html

    • 1 reply
    • 984 views
  5. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    Results stunk and he was in over his head, but he was probably one of the classier guys on the coaching staff and one of the few of the primary coaches whom the players really stood up for and seemingly played hard for. Wish him the best at Bama and hope he can learn from the disaster that happened in Chicago.

  6. Started by scs787,

    http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/report-bea...er-after-season There's a shocker.

  7. Started by rockren,

    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...n-a-bigger-role “The plan is for him to play more, and hopefully be a starter,” Angelo told ESPNChicago.com at the NFL owners meetings. “Everything we saw this past year we liked. The arrow’s going up. We feel, physically speaking, he’s got everything you want in terms of size, speed, toughness. Now it’s just a matter of learning the position that will come with the repetition of more plays.” Melton bulked up during the lockout from his listed 2010 weight of 260 pounds to close to 300 pounds.

    • 0 replies
    • 856 views
  8. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...story?track=rss Well anything that can help us score more in the red zone is fine with me. He played fullback in high school and at Texas.

    • 59 replies
    • 8k views
  9. Started by scs787,

    Henry Melton ‏@HenMel 5m Thank you chicago for the best 5 years of my life!.... I can't wait to begin the next chapter of my life... With a star on my helmet. Well damn. I still like the idea of bringing in Pat Sims. He's not quite the penetrater Melton is but he is capable of pushing the pocket and he's solid against the run. If they don't sign a guy I'm really hoping Donald falls. Jerrnigan would be nice but we need a guy who's gonna get after the QB.

    • 21 replies
    • 2.3k views
  10. Started by adam,

    Sucks for us and him, as he was on the franchise tag. Collins has be playing really solid, so hopefully others will step up.

    • 17 replies
    • 2.3k views
  11. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    Melton concussed in the game. Patrick Mannelly knocked out of the game as well.

  12. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    http://www.usatoday.com/videos/sports/nfl/.../03/13/6367025/

  13. Started by scs787,

    Moon posted this earlier... John Mullin ‏@CSNMoonMullin 3h #Bears question w/ DT Henry Melton: would u draft a DT rehabbing ACL tear? would you pay him $2M UFA? #BearsTalk http://bit.ly/1ijdi6M If Melton's really only gonna cost 2M, which if he hits the market I doubt, sign me up. At 2M I think it's possible to sign both him and Bennett. I love Aaron Donald, but in some of the latest mocks I've seen him go 12th to the Giants and 11th to the Titans. The SI mock added that it wouldn't surprise anyone if he goes in the top 10. It might be wise not to count on him being there like I have been.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. Started by AZ54,

    First wave of FA is over. According to NFL Network 50 (or more) of the top 100 FA have signed with teams. He has three teams interested in him: Dallas, Seattle, and Minn. The Cowboys do not have a lot of cap space and still have a few spots to fill. Here Melton has tons of opportunity for little money. The Vikings have cap space but Melton either got no contract or didn't like what they said. Based on reports it was no contract offer. On top of that the Vikings have Floyd at the 3T spot so Melton is going to be a backup and I can't see the Vikings spending big on Melton now. Little opportunity for likely medium money. Seattle has opportunity an…

  15. Started by jason,

    It's called a play-action pass to the TE. The Ravens showed it to you, twice. It seems to work ALL THE TIME for other teams. You might want to think about putting it into the playbook.

  16. Started by ChileBear,

    I'm looking at my three cards of Sayers, Piccolo and Butkus. Papa bear, you hit it!Now, Mr. Pace, let's get back to the fore. I don't want great palyers for a medeocer team. Let's beat the crap out of our division rivals, please.

    • 0 replies
    • 716 views
  17. Started by Stinger226,

    Odds are Justin will get traded. He has a long way to go to be a tier one QB, but you could win with him. He has some special in his game. Time moves on but one day Justin will get to a SB.

  18. Started by BearFan2000,

    I've been watching the videos of Mendenhall on Youtube. Things I like. Good body control and balance. Uses blockers well Has the ability to run it inside and push for yardage. Has good speed and agility in space anticipates well. Has a good attitude a team guy Has good hands as a receiver. He does run with the ball in one hand a lot. even up the middle, he needs to be more carefull about putting two hands on the ball in a crowd. NFL Defenders are more adept at stripping the ball than college defensive players. Some of the holes I saw in the videos you could drive a truck through. But on the clips where the holes were much smaller and he was r…

    • 24 replies
    • 8.9k views
  19. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    The more and more I think of it, the more I wouldn't mind if we took Rashard Mendenhall, RB out of Illinois. He is an absolute monster- a muscular, faster, better attituded Cedric Benson. However, I'd only do this if we could trade Benson to a team for a 2nd rounder, so that way, we could go Flacco in the 2nd, then somebody like Carl Nicks, then Roy Schuening. What are your thoughts on taking Mendy if we could get a 2nd, or 3rd, for Benson?

    • 16 replies
    • 4.7k views
  20. Started by jason,

    I admit that I haven't seen him a ton, but I have seen enough to form an opinion. I have gone to Youtube and looked at a few highlights as well. So, what I want to know is this: Is Rashard Mendenhall a speed back or a power back? From nearly everything I've seen, he's not explosively fast. He appears to be more of a power back whose speed was accentuated by playing in a quirky spread offense. If the Bears draft him, isn't he essentially the same type of player as Benson?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.