Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Mongo3451,

    Here's my wish list for 2024. Ryan Poles GM Ben Johnson HC Vic Fangio DC asst HC Joe Brady OC Poles has done a great job of bringing in talent, despite the bungling of Flus. I'm not sure if the failure of Getsy is a result of Flus being too conservative or Getsy just not getting it. Too bad you sad. You had your shot. I'm sure Poles has already passed judgement on Justin. What he thinks, I don't know. But, for some reason, I trust him. Regardless of anything, Flus has to go. There is no room in the NFL for conservative coaches. Modern players just don't respond to it.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. Started by bowlingtwig,

    Ok everyone i found a tracker with regards to possible free agents and how they graded out in 2012. Check it out www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/07/2013-pff-free-agency-tracker/ Free Agency Tracker

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Started by AZ54,

    I haven't been able to post much since the first game but one of the most obvious differences I noticed with our D against the Bengals was the lack of gang tackling. I give Lovie credit because we always had 11 guys running toward the ball and it paid off routinely. Too often against the Bengals we would have one or two players go for a tackle but additional support was either late getting there or never arrived. I'm glad Tucker and the players are addressing this in practice this week as we need this to stop AP this weekend. http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...rn-fundamentals

  4. Started by AZ54,

    We really need to give a hand to this entire (first rd) QB class because now Trubisky, Watson, and Mahomes are all Pro Bowl QBs. FWIW Jim McMahon was our last Pro Bowl QB. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012442/article/mitchell-trubisky-deshaun-watson-added-to-pro-bowl

    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. Started by AZ54,

    When we hired Pagano the rumors were that he would be more aggressive calling defensive plays than Fangio was. At first Pagano insinuated he'd be the one learning the Fangio terminology and by default it sounded as if he wasn't going to change things much. In the OTAs we've already heard Nagy talking about the different coverages they are seeing and players have talked about differences they have to learn, albeit generically so nobody gives away any secrets for week 1. In this video of Trevathan mic'd up around the 1:10 mark you will see Trevathan, Floyd, and Skrine rushing off the left edge at the same time and keeps RRH and Hicks on the other side. I don't recall…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Started by Pixote,

    A lot of us, including myself, have voiced negative opinions of Quinn because he only produced 2 sacks last year. However I have read several articles, including the one I have linked below, stating in 2020 he was a top "disruptor" ( #10 with Aaron Donald #6). I've read other articles with him rated even higher. So I'm wondering if I need to give him some slack and hope his sacks increase to what it should be for a "top disruptor" which the article agrees is unusually low. Next Gen Stats' top 10 disruptors of 2020

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. Started by AZ54,

    I'm really glad I was able to go to this game. Beforehand we stopped at a restaurant near the stadium (there is a mall in the complex) and from our table I could see about 4 Cards fans and the rest where Bears fans. That carried into the game and almost the entire visitors side of the field where Bears fans, and I was down low at the 50yd line, row 24. Looking across the field it was clear there were quite a few Bears jerseys on the Cards side too. I don't know what was shown on TV but often the Bears players were looking right at us asking for more noise, especially late in the game. And we were LOUD. It's impossible to know but I'm confident as the 12th man on t…

  8. So I got this wild hair the other day after watching the Super Bowl and thought ‘how much longer can this last?’ ‘This’ being the current Patriot dynasty. That which involves no matter the circumstances the Patriots will almost always make it to the Super Bowl and have a better than 50% chance of winning it. So to answer my question in a convoluted way I thought who has the better coaching tree; Belichek or Reid? (I partly asked that because Nagy is a product of the Reid tree and well...I like Reid). Anyhow, without really putting much thought into it I started thinking about all of the coaches that have come from either camp and how successful they’ve been. Interest…

  9. Started by adam,

    A pretty decent breakdown for QB options. I don't think Carr is #1. Dalton and Keenum make sense. If you are going to go with Rosen, then you might as well consider Driskel or McCarron. If you are going to go with a vet option like Rivers, then why not someone like Matt Moore on the cheap? He played well in KC filling in for Mahomes. Knows the system. Brady is silly, and Alex Smith will never play football again.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. Started by adam,

    The purge begins:

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Started by Stinger226,

    (its a slow blog period) Does Wooten finally take a leap forward, or does he fade into possible of being dropped from the roster? I think that it exists he coulc be good this year and allow Idonije to move inside for rotation.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/30/jeremiah-rat...kids-would-die/

  13. Started by AZ54,

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000076...ach-senior-bowl

  14. Started by Connorbear,

    Glad to see she is ok. I cannot imagine how he was able to practice or the games. I would have been a train wreck. Peace http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-08...0,3446149.story

  15. Started by AZ54,

    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/jensen/2575...-sean08.article Again, we "didn't practice" this and surprisingly we weren't very good at getting off the line under press coverage. Darryl Drake is coaching it this year, so why now? Just more evidence of Lovie's and Turner's incompetence. If you see players struggling with something consistently at some point you should realize you need to spend some time on it. On the plus side, knowing now that we almost never did any work on it but we are now there should be a significant improvement in this area. Not saying our WR will be great getting off press coverage but putting some time into it has to take you from z…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  16. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/...an/Default.aspx Harris could be released if Bears add Peppers or Kampman Mar 4 3/4/2010 9:48:40 AM | More Neil Hayes of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that adding Julius Peppers or Aaron Kampman to the mix would be an upgrade, no doubt, but it could mean Tommie Harris gets released. Two sources said Harris still is a strong candidate to be cut before his bonus is due in June, despite general manager Jerry Angelo and coach Lovie Smith expressing confidence he can bounce back next season. -------------------------------------------- why release a DT cuz u add Julius Peppers? Considering i only k…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  17. Class move by Trestman.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  18. Started by adam,

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/goodell-made-...44098--nfl.html I wonder what the salary cap is for the league office? How about you take $12 million and give each team an extra $1 million in free salary cap paid by the league. Only 8 CEO's made more in salary in 2012, and a bunch created the companies: http://www.forbes.com/lists/2012/12/ceo-co...on-12_rank.html I know the NFL makes a ton of money, but damn, $44 million for the commish?

  19. Started by VenomSox,

    http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?name=dickerson Leading up to the draft, Jeff revisits Jerry Angelo's hits and misses as Bears GM. April 18, 2009, 10:25 PM By: Jeff Dickerson US Presswire We are officially a week away from the NFL draft. Now that you're up to speed on many of the prospects, let's focus on Jerry Angelo's draft history with the Bears. We assume safety will be addressed next weekend. Don't be surprised if the Bears double dip at that spot, selecting one early, and one late. Angelo's track-record at the position says it all: 2002: Round 5 -- Bobby Gray, La. Tech 2003: Round 4 -- Todd Johnson, Florida 2005:…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  20. Started by Daventry,

    UK Bears fans, help me out, I cannot figure out what is going on with tickets. I went to the Ticketmaster site and they are selling only expensive, £300 plus packages and then there is Thomson, also selling packages, but how much are the bloody tickets going to cost alone and when do they go on sale?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.