Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
-
First, Mondays game was awesome. Seeing our offense do what they did was crazy. Reminded me of the first 5 weeks of 2005 when Great Rex was showing up. Couple of thoughts tho 1. I expected the Offense to hit this type of stride come week 8 or 9. New Coach, system, oline. It takes time for a offense to gel. Do you think if Cutler had not got hurt would his numbers be even better then McCown? 2. Trying not to drink the kool aid too much, they did look great against The Cowboys, the Cowboys D is horrible. Everyone is craving them up. 3. Had McCown not been lucky this game could have been very different. Had two INT's dropped, taking two scores away and a 3r…
-
- 10 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
If they win it all, we'll get the 17th pick. Obviously, not a huge difference but it could be the difference between a great prospect who falls a bit.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
Not sure if anyone is interested, but annually, I book a hotel in the Super Bowl city, and if (when) the Bears don't make it, I cancel 24 hours prior to and it doesn't cost me a thing. Of course, the only year I didn't was in 2006 when they did actually go. Anyhow, I found a La Quinta Suites in Slidell, (where ironically, Forte is from) which is about 25 miles from New Orleans, for only $119/night. If anyone is interested, I'd go that route. All of the other hotels are either sold out or $390+/night. This hotel also has all good reviews on Trip Advisor with the exception of 1 or 2 people.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I have a feeling this week will say a lot. I figure it to be redemption or bust. Of course, much of how this will be perceived will be based on whether Cutler plays or not. Assuming he does play...this game could be prohpetic. Here's my twisted logic on some scenarios... 1. We lose. If we lose, I think we're done for. It's the kind of loss that can send medicore teams snow-balling. (us last year, the Niners this year) The Panthers on paper are total garbage. We should win, and win big. The O line should improve, or at least block 1 out of 10 rushes unlike last weekend. Martz and staff must adjust and make things happen faster...and run the damn …
-
- 2 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
He needs a thread of his own.... The Vikes, who Melton visited, signed Linval Joseph, so I think that takes them out of the race. I'd say Cowboys are still an option.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Mad L got me to the podium as a Parcells hater and I stand here now to vent my disdain for what I think is an over hyped windbag so here goes; Hi My name is Lemonej Iam a Parcells hater(pause)(applause). With my confessing of this hatrid I hope to feel cleanse but I still need to vent. Bill Parcells had these HOFs in his group plan Belichick, Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson. Maybe Ty Law and Jumbo Elliott. George Young acquired his talent at NY and he has only been able to identify one positon in the draft better than everyone else and that is rush LB. LT, Willie McGinest and DeMarcus Ware says he knows this position but his lack of patience for WRs and QBs lead m…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sp...5/0515earl.html Earl to Cedric: "Take responsibility" Campbell says Benson needs to be careful of the situations in which he puts himself By Randy Riggs AMERICAN STATESMAN STAFF Thursday, May 15, 2008 Former Longhorns running back Cedric Benson says he's innocent. But University of Texas legend Earl Campbell says Benson shouldn't put himself in a situation that might require him to claim his innocence. Benson was arrested May 3 on Lake Travis and charged with boating while intoxicated and resisting arrest. He and others have disputed the police version of the incident, but Campbell said Wednesd…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
-
- 12 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
If OTC is correct, we are projected to have 1.4 million in cap space next year. That's not good considering the free agents we will have. I looked at a few contacts that may be overvalued and the best scenario. From left to right (player, cap#, dead money, savings and action taken) DJ 28,4,24 Trade Post 6/1 Edmunds 17, 2,15 Trade Pre or Post 6/1 Dayo 20,0,7 Restructure Jarrett 19,4,15 Trade Post 6/1 Johnson Can't cut, trade or restructure. Gordon 23,2,11 Trade post 6/1 Chart is ugly. I don't think a miracle is gonna happen with Gordon or Jarrett. DJ and Edmunds can get us 39 million back if traded. Add in …
-
- 22 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Yea he has been out of the league a few years but I guess he had some great workouts for Andy Reid...wonder if he was ever a thought
-
- 2 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Who is our KR/PR going into this season? Kind of odd seeing Hester and Weems on Atlanta's stat sheet.
-
With the tough loss of Meredith, it looks like we will carry 6 WRs? 1. White 2. Wright 3. Gentry 4. Thompson --------------- 5. Cruz 6. Davis/Bellamy/Wheaton Wheaton hasn't played as far as I know, and Bellamy is also hurt. 2 QB Glennon/Trubisky 4 RB Howard/Cohen/Langford/Cunningham 4 TE Sims/Miller/Shaheen/Brown 6 WR White/Wright/Gentry/Thompson/Cruz/Davis 8 OL Whitehair/Long/Sutton/Leno/Massie/Compton/Grasu/Morgan 1 Flex (1 of Stevenson-FB/Bellamy-WR/Wheaton-WR/Braunecker-TE)
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Former Cowboys RB coach Skip Peete has joined the Bears' staff as RB coach.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Well we hopefully will get the answer to the big question. Is the Cutler going to get that long contract? If he dominates I would think he gets a pretty good contract. If he plays like shit Im not sure what would happen. If he plays decent then I would lean to the Tag. Three options: 1. He dominates the rest of the games 2. Plays decent or a little better then the beginning of the season 3. Looks like crap, almost Cutler in the Lovie era (which im not sure is possible) What do you guys think will play out with each option?
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Ok, now I am beginning to drool. Shame on me. But with the 1st preseason Aug 7th, 9 days away from today, articles like this makes me, well, I will keep it clean, LOL In the Article (a must read!!) entitled Offense tightens up It states: It then goes on to say much more on our TEs being used more this year. ABOUT TIME!
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
I've seen several mention the hope that the Bears do not reach on draft day. This is especially true with the first round pick. Made me think of the following question: Would any of these guys be a reach? Tyron Smith Anthony Castonzo Nate Solder Mike Pouncey Gabe Carmini Derek Sherrod If the answer is yes, then it's a bit of surprise to me. But that's player evaluation for you. People disagree. If the answer is no, then there is no reason one of those guys shouldn't be available when the Bears pick. And the guy who they have rated the highest should be selected.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
Walter Payton passed away. Sweetness forever.... enjoy
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
from profootballtalk.com SCOUTS GALORE WATCH SIMMS WORK Posted by Tom Mantzouranis on August 18, 2008, 1:43 p.m. It’s been almost two years since a majority of the football-loving world first learned of the word “splenectomy” thanks to the in-game destruction of Chris Simms’ insides. Meaning it’s been almost two years of uncertainty over whether he’d be healthy enough to play football again, and if so whether he’d be doing so in pewter. With Simms healthy, the Bucs saturated with quarterbacks and moving on, and final cuts looming, that uncertainty will soon be over. Either the Bucs will trade Simms, or they’ll release him at the last minute before having to…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
ABOUT LAST NIGHT: Cutty had his Jimmy Mac moment lowering his shoulder into the DB! Loved it! Hated it! But it all ended well. OVERALL POSITIVES: 1. We still have an opportunistic D. We are generally bending, but not breaking. Other than the odd big play, we seem to do fairly well keeping folks out of the end zone. 2. I'm thrilled with the OL! We went from awful to good. That's huge. Super huge. Ultra-mega huge. 3. Forte, Marshall, Jeffrey, and trhe Bennetts are getting the job done, and done well. The Unicorn has been a big big plus. I expected the WR's and RB's to look good, but wasn't sure about the Unicorn. I'm very pleased. 4. Cut…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
-