Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,547 topics in this forum
-
It's time to catch both the Bulls and Blackhawks in playoff mode. The Bulls are down 0-2 to the Cavaliers and start at 8 PM Eastern and the 'Hawks are down 1-2 to Memphis and start up at 8:30 PM Eastern. Both need Chicago fan support at this point. See there is something positive about the Bears picking in the later rounds.
-
- 19 replies
- 4.1k views
-
-
Since we have lost two players from the roster at CB would from this list below would you might want on the team. I think we will draft one maybe two if we dont sign a cheap FA. Kelvin Hayden (ATL) Reggie Corner (BUF) Cletis Gordon (CAR) Kelly Jennings (CIN) Dmitri Patterson (CLE) Alan Ball (DAL) Frank Walker (DAL) Brandon McDonald (DET) Jonathan Wilhite (DEN) Jarrett Bush (GB) David Jones (JAC) Dwight Lowery (JAC) Travis Daniels (KC) Leigh Torrence (NO) Will Blackmon (NYG) Michael Coe (NYG) Justin Tryon (NYG) Donald Strickland (NYJ) Lito Sheppard (OAK) William Gay (PIT) Anthony Madison (PIT) Bryant McFadden (PIT) Marcus Tr…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Since when does this defense not give up huge plays. 77 touchdown pass to Megatron and now an 88 yard TD run by Best. Are they freakin serious when each week the commentators say that the Bears do not give up to many big plays. Two huge scoring plays tonight and the defense is supposedly rested. Ted Philips, Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith all need to be canned and the sooner the better. This is turning out just as I suspected, into another embarrassment on National TV and we have Minnesota at home on Sunday night. Do you think that Leslie Frazier will not have his squad prepared to embarrass his former team as well? Hell, we got lucky against Carolina. This is ugly …
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
FOXSports' Jay Glazer reports that the 49ers have decided not to wait for their Week 9 bye to fire Mike Nolan. Nolan is out as head coach effective immediately. The Niners let the news leak out a week before they planned to take action, which would have made the entire week and next Sunday's game against Seattle a circus. Assistant head coach/linebackers Mike Singletary has agreed to step in. Nolan took over in '05 with the organization in shambles. He is a good football coach, but didn't get results after a promising 7-9 2006 campaign. His record ended up at 18-37 in four seasons.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
I really don't care how big this game is I don't want Jay to play. When the replay of that hit is shown time to time even I get woozy and get a migraine. Even if we had a halfway decent line I wouldn't play him. If this team has any moxie they would squeak out a win, but that besides the point. I'm think of his longtime health as a human being, father, husband not as a essential key clog for a win. Last I read the Bear Org. is scrambling for answers and have been making changes to the OL and talks of packages schemed for max protect. Shame on you ! Everybody outside Halas hall has been crying out loud of how inept of our talent level at OL is and immediate …
-
- 1 reply
- 948 views
-
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...a5-ca96d0bd3e81 They posted it on facebook, i thought it was a nice short video to watch, so I am reposting it.
-
- 0 replies
- 662 views
-
-
Hi folks It seems I created a bit of controversy a few days back when I moved one of the threads over to the NFL forum. As far as I was concerned, it was a signing by the Titans, it had nothing to do with the Bears, the Bears had never been rumored to be interested in the guy, and there was no reason for it to be in the Bears forum. From what I can gather, some of the people from one of the 2 sites we merged aren't used to the multiple-forum style that we've been using at TalkBears and at Soxtalk for a while, where we try to keep some sort of dividing line between the forums with posts flowing in both of them. After the complaints, I checked with some of t…
-
- 43 replies
- 14k views
-
-
We had a server error and we are reindexing on the background and this process could cause a couple additional outings over the next 24 hours, but after that the site should be back to 100%. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up (server first crashed this morning).
-
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
-
-
I’m not sure what happened - still trying to unwind it so site could go back down. Server company did something on back end to update something and it’s crashed the whole site. Been working on fixing it for a few days - so appreciate the patience and apologies for the outage. Hopefully close to having it fixed
-
- 14 replies
- 695 views
-
-
All - Apologies for the site outage. We should slowly be coming back online. The server the site sits on blew-up and DNS issues came through, which take a while to get resolved (as there were a variety of underlying domains behind the actual server). Everyone should start seeing the site come back online over the next 24 hours. Apologies for the outage and it will be good to start talking football (and thankfully everything is online prior to the 1st preseason game)!!!
-
- 8 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
As an FYI, you'll notice some glitches. We had upgraded our servers to a new instance and it is causing some compatibility issues. You will see intermittent outages until we have this resolved (probably a week to 10 days) but ultimately we are going to be upgrading the software here to the latest software so you might see a few day window where the whole site is down.
-
- 40 replies
- 5k views
-
-
Apologies - I was traveling in rural parts from Friday-Monday (with family) and during that time an issue with our server (not the server company) popped up. Basically - the database maxed out (I keep a lot of back-ups and needed to trash a bunch of legacy back-ups). It started happening last week intermitently but wasn't aware of the broader issue. Unfortunately - I was traveling in remote parts starting Friday so was NOT aware and when I became aware, well, I wasn't about to cut a rural vacation with my family short (sorry guys - but priorities). But yesterday I dug my car out (it was burried in 2 feet of snow from the storms we got on Friday night / Saturday w…
-
- 7 replies
- 806 views
-
-
Running a quick upgrade on site - should be back up later tonight but will be back online quickly.
-
- 13 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Tomorrow the site will be down for a scheduled upgrade. Probably around noon central time - hopefully up by the evening.
-
- 0 replies
- 150 views
-
-
Upgrade is complete. Let me know if anyone runs into any issues. New software seems pretty slick!
-
- 10 replies
- 598 views
-
-
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...1018-story.html I also read somewhere else that Royal is out. Peace
-
- 0 replies
- 924 views
-
-
So it seems that the offseason moves have improved pretty much every facet of the team. If you look at it from a high level, on offense, the passing game should be improved, and at worst, the running game should be the same. The Bears added Moore, Wright, and Davis, as well as Foreman, Johnson, Scott, and Tonyan, and really only "lost" Montgomery since losing Mustipher is an upgrade in itself. If the offense is better and has some additional TOP, then the defense will be a little more rested and potentially get off the field a few more times. On defense, the run defense was historically bad. With the additions to the DLine and LB Corps, the run defense should be…
-
- 4 replies
- 690 views
-
-
Ryan Clark negotiated with the Pittsburgh Steelers this week to see if he could hammer out a longterm extension but that didn’t happen and the free agent is drawing pretty solid interest early in free agency. His agent Joel Turner declined to name the teams involved but said six clubs, including the Steelers, are involved at this point. Obviously, Arizona and Chicago would be on a very short list of teams seeking safeties with Miami and the New York Giants also in the market. Washington, where Clark used to play, could also be looking for a safety. “Everyone is gaga over Antrel Rolle,” Turner said. “Ryan is a better player. He’s got better numbers across the boa…
-
The majority of this board wants a OT in the first round. The question i want to pose is who is the Bears Offensive Star,Olin Kruetz??? I understand that fixing the Oline should be a priority but I look at the good teams around the league and their Offensive star is not an offensive lineman. Does anybody really believe that drafting and OT in the first is gonna make Benson not look to fall down after contact or make the WR's stop dropping passes. Even though he might not come back drafting Clady in the 1st is not gonna make Rex grow 5 more inches. I know people are gonna bring up how Joe Thomas comes in and Cleveland looks like a legit team but before they brought hi…
-
- 10 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Y'all remember when I told you to be aware of Terron Armstead? Skinny ankles is a recipe for missing games as an OL. Where's Jason? Yes, I'm drinking and Miami is done...
-
- 16 replies
- 1k views
-