Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,547 topics in this forum
-
I think it's reasonable to assume there are probably 1,000,000 Bears fans around the country. I propose we all chip in $5 toward firing Lovie. That would total 5 million and the Bears can come up with the other half.
-
There has been a lot of talk about the surprise and promise of our young team. Did anyone here or nationally predict 8-4? Nah. We have also read some very good analysis that shows we are amongst the top of the league in many aspects. But yet some are pessimistic about the remainder of the season. This year has truly shown me that one or two plays can swing the balance of any game. We have seen that in all four of our losses this year. This season anything can happen. Don't look for the window to be open next year, because it is open now!
-
- 1 reply
- 727 views
-
-
-
I got a subscription to "The Athletic" website. IMO, it is fantastic. Great articles on the Bears, but also any team for NFL, NHL, or MLB. I found it when doing a Google search for game previews, but when I began reading the article it said I needed to sign up, which at first pissed me off, but then found out as an introductory offer all I had to pay was one dollar a month for the first year. One hellava deal! Like I said, outstanding coverage of the Bears. The one article I enjoyed the most today was talking about our HC 'Flus. Before I read it I was all for firing him. Now, if this team shows improvement the rest of the way, I have changed my mind. I like what I re…
-
- 4 replies
- 618 views
-
-
Here is a mock draft at TheFootballExpert.com that has us taking Sam Baker, OT, USC in the first and James Hardy, WR, Indiana in round 2. I like this better than the many drafts having us picking QB round 1. The 2nd one from the same site TheFootballExpert.com has us selecting OT Ryan Clady round 1 and QB Chad Henne from Michigan round 2. There are 2 other 1 round drafts on the site by 2 different authors, one having us taking Baker round 1, the other Clady round 1. I am beginning to like this site!! OLTs in round 1, now that is what I wanted to see!!
-
- 12 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
Usually I am no fan of Theisman (I think he is way too full of himself) but this time I have to say he has some good points. In essence he is challenging Roy to actually play or move on. Of course Theisman then goes on to add that he doesn't think any of the Bears WR corps is special. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...y-williams.html
-
- 12 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
Redskins interested in Rex Grossman Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2010 1:06 PM ET It's fitting, we suppose, that a year after the Broncos welcomed with open arms a failed former Bears quarterback, the former Broncos coach would be interested in another one. A league source tells us that the Washington Redskins are interested in Rex Grossman. Grossman, a first-round draft pick in 2003, left the Bears for the Texans in 2009. He won the backup job behind Matt Schaub, who had a Pro Bowl season. The offensive coordinator last year in Houston, Kyle Shanahan, is now the offensive coordinator in Washington. (Thanks, Rosenthal, for pointing out something…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
-
Why wasn't an inside run called? Why did the Barbarian not have the presence of mind to simply fall down? That was the season. No reason to bring back Cutler now unless he can play at Green Bay but that's not going to happen. I agree with Noots, they will not win another game. Peace
-
- 8 replies
- 3k views
-
-
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-brady-mak...-032756207.html First 4 games comparison: 2007 (during the deflate gate time span ) = 1,118 13TD's, 2 INT 2015 (12.5 psi balls being used) = 1,387, 11 TD's, 0 INT's Yes, screwing with the pressure of the ball is completely wrong. Not debating that, but what I said over and over when this happened was that Tom Brady will do what Tom Brady has always done with a 12.5 psi ball or a 11.5 psi ball or a 13.5 psi. The PSI of a ball doesn't matter, Tom Brady is one of the best if not thee best to ever play the game.
-
- 17 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
Julian Edelman was a solid NFL player but, does he deserve a NFL documentary before Hester?
-
- 6 replies
- 865 views
-
-
David Bruton, FS, Notre Dame Height: 6-1. Weight: 210. Projected 40 Time: 4.49. Projected Round (2009): 5-6. 1/14/09: David Bruton, a two-year starter, was invited to the Senior Bowl. 12/14/08: One of the few productive players on Notre Dame this season, David Bruton managed 93 tackles, six passes broken up and three picks. 5/19/08: A team captain going into the 2008 season, David Bruton recorded 85 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and three interceptions. Rashad Johnson, FS, Alabama Height: 5-11. Weight: 195. Projected 40 Time: 4.44. Projected Round (2009): 2. 1/14/09: Voted to the AP All-America Second Team, Rashad Johnson…
-
- 16 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
i posted the information in these draft pick comparisons over 15 years ago but they still can help in determining the quality of the NFL draft and where you pick. It is a very intensive time consuming effort I published on this board and on the previous Bears board. The data was compilied up until 2007. So take it for what it's worth (or disregard it if you please).......... ================================================================================ 2012 below are some statistics i compiled for the old board about 8 years ago and i have updated the information to date, 2012. it lists all players drafted in slots 1-20 in the first round and how they compar…
-
- 3 replies
- 546 views
-
-
Below is a list of FA that I think the Bears sould be trying to get to make this team better. I know that there is now way we can get all of the (TOO MUCH KOOLAID) but a combination of two or three will still work wonders for our team.....like a DE, WR OT/OG 1. Mario Williams, DE, Houston Texans: The Texans used him as a 3-4 rush outside linebacker last year, but I think his best spot is as a 4-3 end. 2. Robert Mathis, DE, Indianapolis Colts: He is coming off his best season but turns 31 this month and is older than some teams would like for free agents. He has improved against the run and could easily make the transition from 4-3 end to 3-4 rush 'backe…
-
- 24 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Say what you will, but not bringing back Lance, trading Marshall...all seems to spell out that they are cleaning house. I fully expect no Tillman. I also now expect Cutler to be traded. There's no certainty...but damn the evidence is pointing to fire sale. Heck, they could even deal Forte at this point too. I'm all in. I get what they are doing. If Pace & Fox are thinking this is what's best, then I'm OK with it. Fox is loaded with experiences staff members and I'm sure their input is used. Bear down. I'm excited!
-
- 27 replies
- 4.1k views
-
-
These players need to find a new address at the end of the season: Marquis Wilson - Can't stay healthy Deonte Thompson or Josh Bellamy - One can stay for their special teams play but neither should play receiver. Logan Paulson - Has done nothing since he arrived. I'd keep Daniel Brown over him. Ted Larson - I prefer Kush. Cutler - Of course. Hoyer - Accumulated a lot of yardage but could not lead a winning drive or throw a semi-accurate deep ball. Any others? Peace
-
- 10 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/11/hi...ds_dr.html#more Dude should have been fined. He was not even on the field. Peace
-
- 6 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I have been watching Bears games for 46 years. The last few years the Press conferences I have watched or read with Lovie were always like watching a valium commercial. But this preseason has been quite different. It appears to me Lovie has taken turn since taking the Defensive play calling. His demeanor has changed, He actually looks to be exited, (at least for Lovie Smith). It also seems that the answers to the question he is asked by reporters are a heap more involved answers and not the same ole "its a process" or "we shall over come" talk. He actually appears to be opening up a bit more and its really nice to see. I dont know if you guys noticed it but I thought I wo…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Nothing like waiting for final roster cuts with a 4th pre season game coming up where no starters will play. So here are some random thoughts on the upcoming season: Eagles defense is bad. Chip Kelly offense not so thrilling to me. There has been a ton of hype but I've watched Oregon's offense for years and every time they played a team that matched up to their athletic ability they struggled. The NFL, save for a few teams, is fairly balanced in terms of athletic ability. Throw in some very quick 3-and-outs and the Eagles D will be gasping for air by the end of the 3rd quarter and they aren't good to begin with. Green Bay Packer fans are thrilled with Ed…
-
- 14 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Obviously, I'd like to see the line perform better. I predict they will, actually. You'll see Orton in there from the start and I believe now that the QB battle is over, we'll find the game plan much more balanced. We aren't trying to see what our QB's have but rather work our entire O. This means we'll be keeping the D a bit more off balance. The 49ers terrorized the Packers last week and made them their bitches. If we perform better than that, it should be meaningful. Hester take one to the house. Someone just walk up to Mike Singletary and punch him squarely in the face. Damn am I sick of hearing his self righteous bullshit on the radio. Orton hit on a deep ba…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-