Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by adam,

    Jacobs was the consensus #1 RB coming out, but then there was the group of Sanders, Henderson, Montgomery, and Singletary all lumped together as 2nd-3rd rounders. The last 3 came off the board within 5 picks of each other in the early 3rd round and Sanders went #53 in the 2nd (17 before Henderson). So thru Week 5, here is what they look like: Sanders 54-193, 3.57 YPC, 0 TD, 10-133, 0 TD Henderson 1-0, 0 TD Montgomery 69-225, 3.26 YPC, 2 TD, 9-72, 0 TD Singletary 10-127, 12.7 YPC, 1 TD, 5-28, 0 TD Singletary has only played in two games but has had 7 runs of 10 yards or longer. The fact that he only has 10 carries and has only played in two games is co…

    • 7 replies
    • 930 views
  2. Started by jason,

    Check this out. ESPN's take on the state of the NFL, where teams stand in terms of how close to the SB they are, and the write up on the Bears. Interesting that the Bears are the lowest rated team in their list out of all the teams that made the playoffs. To me it's interesting for two reasons. One, because they realize the Bears weren't really playoff quality. Two, because they realize the Bears are missing several pieces of the puzzle. Which all makes one question why in the hell are Pace and Nagy around for another year? https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30795720/super-bowl-lines-all-32-nfl-teams-mix-getting-closer-years-away

  3. So, here we are again wondering what went wrong and how to fix it. Let’s start with our first offensive series. On the second play from scrimmage Monty hits a nice hole for 41 yards. It was great play with flawed execution. Why? If Montgomery switches hands with the football and uses a stiff arm, he scores. He learned this in fourth or fifth grade. Plain and simple, opportunity missed. After no gain by Williams, because Nagy decided Monty needed a rest after running a forty, Fields enters the game. Boom, 8-yard pickup to the three yard line. In comes Dalton, why? Isn’t this the perfect opportunity to let Fields utilize his tremendous gifts with three yards to g…

    • 3 replies
    • 930 views
  4. Started by Bill,

    I have spent the last few years dogging Nagy, his scheme, and play calling. Pace's draft strategy, free agent choices. It is what it is and I need to change how I process those choices. I have listened to a few different opinions over the past week on things. !. With Nagy turning play calling over to Lazor I think it can give him a better perspective during the game. Instead of his head buried in the play call sheet looking for his next magic bullet he can see how the game is going. Maybe not so many "I didn't see the play" comments He said so when asked about the hurry up call on I believe the Robinson or Moony toe tape catch. He knew it was a catch …

    • 2 replies
    • 930 views
  5. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...e-time-week-16/

  6. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...ce-will-change/

    • 2 replies
    • 929 views
  7. Started by Stinger226,

    Close to the draft, looking at what we got; QB- With Cutler, Campbell, and McGown, we now have a legit backups for a potential problem. Throw Enderle to the scrap heap. RB-Forte, Bush,Bell,Allen and throw in Klutz and we wont be drafting at this position. I would say rock solid at RB. TE-Davis, Spaeth, Adams stick and the A. Smith, and D. Ross will be gone. Not a position of strength but a wait to see with Davis. I dont think think we will draft. WR- Marshall,Bennett,Hester,Davis, Weems,Thomas, Sanz, and Komar. I dont count Knox because I dont think he plays this year. We still need to draft another prospect to be a #2. I think Bennett is a #3 on a goo…

  8. Started by Connorbear,

    Beautiful day down by the lakefront. Here is what I saw: - A lot more Falcons fans than should have been and some empty seats which you usually don't see for the first game. - Way too many short passes from Glennon. If this trend continues, Tarik Cohen will be a dead man. - Speaking of Cohen, he is the real deal. However good he looked on TV, he looked even better in person. - Loved seeing the fullback rush for a first down. Great play call. - Defense played well except for the two busted TE completions. Hicks earned his paycheck today. - If Glennon can't play much better than this, then they need to switch to Trubisky soon. I give him credit for t…

    • 3 replies
    • 929 views
  9. I admit, I have very little knowledge of college ball, and can't really assess who in college will be great in the NFL. I've been both right and wrong with pure guesses and with some research. Although I think my batting average is better than Angelo's (that one's for you jason!), I don't think I really have a good enough feel to make a solid call on who exactly we should be getting. So, with that said...this is what I expect... 1. I expect Emery to get the right guy. I'd like that guy to play on the D side of the ball. I'd like him to be either a DT or a S. But I'd be fine with really any defensive slot. There's a case to be made to fill any spot. But if so…

    • 3 replies
    • 929 views
  10. Started by lemonej,

    Vic Beasley, Sammie Coates and Cody Prewitt as your first 3 picks? If so that is the 3 rd projection on gbnreport.com.

    • 1 reply
    • 929 views
  11. Obviously we all hope he has better talent evalution skills for first round talent. But that's not my #1 hope for Phil. You all know I've been harping about the O Line for ages and I'm assuming we'll address it better than JA did in his years at the helm. But no, that's not it either. As far as my biggest hope for a difference from JA, I'd have to say I'd want better luck at avoiding injury-prone guys. I don't know if it was just JA taking flyers on guys with known injury issues or bad health histories, or just bad luck. So there you have it... Draft guys who will actually play some football for us. Sounds pretty basic.

  12. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    Warning- terrible music..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTegYX4Gro4...feature=related

    • 3 replies
    • 928 views
  13. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...enses/#comments

  14. Started by OmahaBear,

    sprint mobile is saying the Bears are shopping LB's to move up...??

  15. Started by balta1701-A,

    ESPN Chicago

  16. Started by AZ54,

    Looks like the Bears have informed Sims he'll be cut soon. Nothing unexpected here. https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/bears-reportedly-cut-sims-save-6-million-cap-space Aaron Leming is reporting that the Bears will get back $2.5mil in cap space due to offset language in Glennon's contract since he signed with Arizona. With these two combined we'll be seeing about $8.5mil in cap space coming our way. https://twitter.com/AaronLemingNFL/status/1098311237996240896?s=20

  17. Started by adam,

    Another former first rounder signed, mainly a St player but can play Edge too.

  18. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1056430...-in-nfl-history 50 Worst Draft Picks in NFL History By Vincent Frank(Featured Columnist) 41. Amobi Okoye, DL, Houston Texans Draft Pick: 10th overall in 2007 NFL draft from Louisville Career Statistics: 59 starts, 15.5 sacks and 165 tackles A lot of draft pundits were shocked when the Houston Texans spent the 10th overall pick of the 2007 NFL draft on this 19-year-old Nigerian, who was considered a physical beast but extremely raw. It isn't that Okoye didn't play decently in four seasons with the Houston Texans; it was more about the fact that he failed to grasp the nuances of the game a…

    • 2 replies
    • 927 views
  19. Started by dawhizz,

    1 year deal of course. Not exactly the depth I was looking for. Has some return experience.

  20. Started by Chitownhustla,

    http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId...amp;src=desktop If you read article it does come off as Brown being salty that Trestman made Rice the Number 1 WR in Oakland instead of him. This quote from the article is what seems to becoming true "He's a really smart guy, knows football like the back of his hand. That's not the issue," Brown said. "But there's a lot more to coaching than just X's and O's. You have to be able to deal with players and that's the reason [former Raiders coach] Bill Callahan hasn't succeeded as a head coach because he's a smart guy, knows football like the back of his hand, but when it comes to leading me, it's a totally di…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.