Everything posted by BearFan PHX
-
Kalif Raymond Appreciation Thread
Interesting. We do need a dominant situational pass rusher. Im just thinking about Mack returning to his old team, and I'm thinking how grateful I am that we have Ben Johnson now. Matt Nagy. Matt Eberflus. And a whole long list going back decades. These are the good times.
-
Year 2 QB QBR Tracker
yes, he will be a better blocker, and a better receiver than Kmet WAS but i have to admit, Johnson has unlocked Kmet, and he is a much better player than i thought he could be. That said, I still think he could be trade bait just based on the cap number, but he's definitely an addition to this team. And if we keep him, Im fine with it too.
-
Year 2 QB QBR Tracker
Roush has had his rookie mistakes, but I still believe in his future for us.
-
Week 4 Official Game Thread - NYJ at CHI, Sun, Oct 4, 12PM, FOX, CHI -3.5, O/U 43
amen
-
Kalif Raymond Appreciation Thread
I really only watch the Bears games, and dont follow the rest of the league that closely. Does anyone know how much gas Mack has left in the tank?
-
Week 5 Official Game Thread - CHI @ GB, SUN 10/11, 12PM, FOX, CHI +2.5, O/U 45.5
good point!
-
Week 4 Official Game Thread - NYJ at CHI, Sun, Oct 4, 12PM, FOX, CHI -3.5, O/U 43
great stuff. Johnson really is a genius. I just wish he'd know when to kick the ball lol
-
Week 3 Official Game Thread - PHI @ CHI, 9/28, 715pm, CHI +4.5, O/U 41.5, MNF/ABC/ESPN
Ugh. Benedet getting shredded. Braxton paying Ok today. And Thuney? What a freakin stud. He saves that play picking up the blitz across two gaps.
-
Beau Gardner released, and Scott Daly is back
yikes. and for sure, Roush bears a lot of the responsibility for that too (and other things) but the snaps have been consistently high both weeks for Gardner. And yes, they are both rookies. Roush will get his chance to grow, but I dunno where Gardner ends up.
-
Beau Gardner released, and Scott Daly is back
Well after a bunch of just awful special teams snaps, one of which in part lost us a field goal that would have the game tied at the end instead of a loss, the Bears cut/waived Rookie UDFA long snapper Beau Gardner, and brought back our long time long snapper Scott Daly, activating him to the 53 man roster today. Well deserved. Gardner is not ready for prime time. I do not know if they will resign him to the practice squad and keep developing him or not, but he might just as likely be just gone. I mean, they probably keep and develop him, but he is in no way ready to be an NFL long snapper. He's been awful both weeks.
-
2027 Mock Draft Season
Bradbury had a particularly bad game too.
-
Week 2 Official Game Thread - MIN @ CHI 9/20, 12PM CDT, CHI -4.5 O/U 48.5, FOX
yeah thats very good news.
-
2027 Mock Draft Season
Yeah he had a really bad game. But hes young, and his tape is great, so i think it's one of those give it a little time things. But you can bet the coaches are ALL over him this week, and rightfully so.
-
Week 2 Official Game Thread - MIN @ CHI 9/20, 12PM CDT, CHI -4.5 O/U 48.5, FOX
yes thank God. I hope he comes back soon, and strong.
-
Week 2 Official Game Thread - MIN @ CHI 9/20, 12PM CDT, CHI -4.5 O/U 48.5, FOX
I'll wait until I hear it for certain, but if I had to bet, I'd bet it's his Achilles. freak.
-
Kyler Gordon Returns
I knew that he couldnt practice with the team yet, but he could still work out with Bears trainers.
-
Kyler Gordon Returns
This is some high level foolishness on Kyler Gordon's part. You cant even figure he wants to be on another team, since we are primed to make a run AND they just paid him. If he's trying to BS everyone and just not play again and keep the money, then Ok thats despicable but it MIGHT make sense. But anything else points to Gordon being a real dummy. Like a moron of epic proportions. His only chance is to rejoin the team and play SO well that they decide they love him anyway. And Im not sure Ben Johnson can overlook something like this. For example DJ Moore was a much smaller problem, and much more productive on the field, and HE'S in Buffalo. So Kyler - leave this phony, come back to the team. Tell them youre stupid and this guy fooled you. Tell them youll never ignore their advice again. And then go dominate on the field. You might STILL not be a Bear for long, but at least then SOMEONE would take you. What a moron.
-
Week 2 Official Game Thread - MIN @ CHI 9/20, 12PM CDT, CHI -4.5 O/U 48.5, FOX
this sounds right!
-
Week 2 Official Game Thread - MIN @ CHI 9/20, 12PM CDT, CHI -4.5 O/U 48.5, FOX
exactly, and maybe this week or next week Trapilo will get some possessions too.
-
Swift Extended, 3 Years, $33.75M
So I guess Swift was mic'd up for the Panthers game - this is a fun watch. Good to see how he is with his teammates and Caleb too. But the thing that impressed me maybe the most was his pass protection blocking. You can tell he is 100% selling himself out to get that block. The hard running is great, and the hands, but I believe this tenacious blocking really helped the Bears get to the place where they felt good extending him. And this was AFTER he got paid. Lets go! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq8ZeEfNuVo Kyler Gordon, you watching?
-
Week 1 Official Game Thread - CHI @ CAR, SUN 9/13, 12PM CDT, CHI -2.5 O/U 47, FOX
Agree. And while Braxton Jones did get walked back into the QB a few times from a bull rush, he was more effective in the run game than I had seen from him before. So, good for both of them Id say.
-
Bears vs Philly game - Monday night
Uber brought to you by Single malt Scotch LOL
-
Bears vs Philly game - Monday night
If you're driving to any of them, you can drive by Soldier Field too. They're all pretty near each other.
-
Bears vs Philly game - Monday night
well i dunno if ANYTHING is cooler than the Museum of Science and Industry! The working coal mine you go down into - it's pretty freakin' cool. The dinosaurs are at the Field Museum of Natural History. LOTS of great Museums in Chicago. I gotta say I lived right in the middle of NYC for 35 years (I used to be BearFanNYC) and I went to the museums there too. Everyone says NYC Museums are the best, but I didnt think so at all. NYC likes to brag about itself. I'm from the Chicago burbs, so still say please and thank you and it just confuses the NYers. Anyway rambling to say, Chicago has some pretty damned good museums. Much better than NYC in my opinion.
-
Week 1 Official Game Thread - CHI @ CAR, SUN 9/13, 12PM CDT, CHI -2.5 O/U 47, FOX
it took Ben quite a feww weeks before he put Burden out there last year, so I figure Zavion will have to earn trust in practice, and learn the playbook etc, and become a contributor later in the season. Im intrigued like you are Bears4Ever_34, but Im guessing we will have to wait a few weeks?