Mock Drafts

adam

Here is one with one trade 20 to get 30 and an extra pick 61.

QB Alabama
    WR Mississippi

OT North Dakota State
    CB Washington

WR Illinois

OT Iowa

S Indiana

DT Arkansas

12 hours ago, adam said:

I will add updated Mock Draft results in this post.

For now, take a look at my latest from https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

Would you mind this as our top 3 picks:

20. DeVonta Smith, WR
52. Dillon Radunz, OT
83. Jamar Johnson, S

mock.PNG

Dislike taking any WR in round 1; but do like OT Radunz in Round 2!

I have been doing the PFF mock simulator. I have traded down in the first round to teams that have later 1st round picks and early 2nds. This has enabled me to get 2 decent OT’s.

That is my wish this year and move on from Leno. 

For this to happen QB’s go quickly including Mac Jones. 

Please !!!!!!! Pace forget the QB this year and draft 2 OT’s and then the BPA and hopefully a CB or safety. 

13 hours ago, adam said:

Yeah, I was trying to go with BPA+Need, and was going the BPA available at each pick from OT, QB, WR, S, and CB.

That draft simulator you used is tough as they have a predictive mode and typically all the top 5 QBs are gone within the top 10 picks.

Not a mock draft person.  but I believe we need QB, OT. CB, WR/Playmaker on offense in that order.  Non of the top five QB's will be there at 20.  So I hope they pick the best OT available.  Not a guard/center.  I think they have that set for now.  A true tackle who is plug and play from day one.  There has to be one who will fall to 20.  Best case would be if another falls to 52.  The Off line would be set for a decade.  The rest of the draft fill in the picks with BPA at positions of need.   They still need to draft a QB somewhere.  They don't just need a starter but they also need a long term backup.  I think LB, edge, RB are serviceable till next draft. 

If the Bears are not able to move up for Mac Jones, Pace should strongly consider trading back and draft bookend OTs and some defense talent along with a developmental QB.

LB Tulsa
    S UCF
    OT North Dakota State

OT Notre Dame

QB Georgia
    CB Minnesota

EDGE Tulane

WR Florida State

S Pittsburgh

WR San Jose State

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Depending on the OTs available, and there will likely be multiple, it make sense for the Bears to trade down. For this mock, that's what I did. It's time to load up on the OL, protect the QB, provide him weapons, and see what he can do. It's also time to find a young QB and see if he can be molded. I feel like every player listed below can contribute next year.

Your score is: 42745 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 28 (N.O.): Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan (A-) 
Round 2 Pick 13 (JAX): Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 2 Pick 20: Elijah Moore, WR, Mississippi (A)
Round 2 Pick 28 (N.O.): Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky (A-)
Round 3 Pick 19: Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 5 Pick 20: LaBryan Ray, DT/DE, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: Adetokunbo Ogundeji, DE/OLB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Robert Hainsey, OT/OG, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): Warren Jackson, WR, Colorado State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 45 (COMP): Marcelino Ball, FS/SS, Indiana (A+)

1 hour ago, jason said:

Depending on the OTs available, and there will likely be multiple, it make sense for the Bears to trade down. For this mock, that's what I did. It's time to load up on the OL, protect the QB, provide him weapons, and see what he can do. It's also time to find a young QB and see if he can be molded. I feel like every player listed below can contribute next year.

Your Picks:

Id love to see this draft. I dont think the trade down scenarios the game provides are often that easy to accomplish in reality, but I think everyone would have to say that was an amazing draft if a GM actually pulled it off.

9 hours ago, jason said:

Your Picks:

Now that would be an insane draft. Bookends, a starting WR and CB, and a decent QB prospect plus every other pick has a chance to contribute.

13 hours ago, jason said:

Your Picks:

This would be fantastic. 

Peace

15 hours ago, jason said:

Your Picks:

Ill pay for your ticket to Chicago for the weekend of the draft.  We can kidnap Pace and Nagy and have a shot at it

21 hours ago, jason said:

QB prospects always intrigue me and I've seen this name pop up time and again for Chicago across various draft boards.  He's an interesting candidate for us especially if he can be had in the 3rd round.  Coming out of HS he was the #2 QB prospect behind Tua.  He pretty much was the starter for Texas A&M (an SEC school mind you) all four years there compiling a 33-16 record to include three bowl wins.  (A hell of a lot better than our last "Franchise QB prospect").  

Watching film on him shows some issues with pre-snap reads and consistency on completions (and he has a bit of an awkward stance).  The longer he's played he's worked  more on his pocket presence and has mobility if he needs to use it.  In using the Bill Parcells model of a potentially successful NFL QB he meets 6 of the 7 criteria.  He and Trevor Lawrence were the only two who reached this mark.  I'd say if the Bears can get him, they should.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-qb-class-bill-parcells-rules

12 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

QB prospects always intrigue me and I've seen this name pop up time and again for Chicago across various draft boards.  He's an interesting candidate for us especially if he can be had in the 3rd round.  Coming out of HS he was the #2 QB prospect behind Tua.  He pretty much was the starter for Texas A&M (an SEC school mind you) all four years there compiling a 33-16 record to include three bowl wins.  (A hell of a lot better than our last "Franchise QB prospect").  

Watching film on him shows some issues with pre-snap reads and consistency on completions (and he has a bit of an awkward stance).  The longer he's played he's worked  more on his pocket presence and has mobility if he needs to use it.  In using the Bill Parcells model of a potentially successful NFL QB he meets 6 of the 7 criteria.  He and Trevor Lawrence were the only two who reached this mark.  I'd say if the Bears can get him, they should.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-qb-class-bill-parcells-rules

I'm a very big fan of his. Some here may recall I was very high on Dak Prescott for similar reasons. He fit the Bill Parcells criteria, and was also SEC. Mond would be a very good pick for the Bears, exactly the draft-a-QB-every-year-strategy I think they should use given the historical ineptitude.

12 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Here's one that I really like and it's pretty realistic.  It involved trading out of the first.

Screenshot_20210408-210942_Chrome.jpg

Overall I'm a big fan, but I don't want Walker Little. No football in 2 years is way too risky.

1 hour ago, jason said:

Overall I'm a big fan, but I don't want Walker Little. No football in 2 years is way too risky.

I watched him at his pro day and he wowed me with his athleticism and size.  Very agile dude.  I definitely understand the skepticism.  If Jaylon Mayfield fell to that pick, it was over.