Eight maybe available

Bill

48 minutes ago, Bill said:

In other word,   if you don't take a shot, you'r never going to hit the bulls eye.  Plain and simple.   Would I have been ok with doing the same deal for Darnold?  Yes.  It's like having a monkey throwing shit to see it hits the wall and  it sticks.  More times than not , no.  But based on this teams history,  it's better than what than anything they have doing for the last 100 years.  They could of drafted 100 QB's in the last 100 years, and I believe they would  of  found one.

We didn't see value,  not fitting our scheme , nada, nada,   just throw the shit.

I have said for years the Bears need to keep pushing their chips in until they find their QB and then continue to do it. The Packers had Favre and still drafted Brunnell, Hasselback, Detmer, Brooks and then Rodgers. They were able to trade a couple of those and get a return. QB is the most important position in the game and the Bears are simply have no idea how to address it. 

Peace

Edited by Connorbear
spelling

1 hour ago, Bill said:

In other word,   if you don't take a shot, you'r never going to hit the bulls eye.  Plain and simple.   Would I have been ok with doing the same deal for Darnold?  Yes.  It's like having a monkey throwing shit to see it hits the wall and  it sticks.  More times than not , no.  But based on this teams history,  it's better than what than anything they have doing for the last 100 years.  They could of drafted 100 QB's in the last 100 years, and I believe they would  of  found one.

We didn't see value,  not fitting our scheme , nada, nada,   just throw the shit.

I am all for drafting QBs early but not sure about moving up to 8 though.  I looked up the value, it would take 550 points which is equivalent to the 35th pick which would take the 2022 1st pick or our 2021 2nd and 3rd.  I would sit tight, if a QB falls great if not take another need 1st like OT.  QBs can be found in rd 2 or 3 but you need a good surrounding support of OL, WRs, RB, D and coaching to help them out more.  I think they will find a prospect to work with this year. 

55 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

I have said for years the Bears need to keep pushing their chips in until they find their QB and then continue to do it. The Packers had Favre and still drafted Brunnell, Hasselback, Detmer, Brooks and then Rodgers. They were able to trade a couple of those and get a return. QB is the most important position in the game and the Bears are simply have no idea how to address it. 

Peace

110% agree with both of you.  

35 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I am all for drafting QBs early but not sure about moving up to 8 though.  I looked up the value, it would take 550 points which is equivalent to the 35th pick which would take the 2022 1st pick or our 2021 2nd and 3rd.  I would sit tight, if a QB falls great if not take another need 1st like OT.  QBs can be found in rd 2 or after but you need a good surrounding support of OL, WRs, RB, D and coaching.  

I understand looking at things from a value sense.  Or using analictis (ms).   What was the value of  Holmes, Watson. etc.  They don't have a pick to get a Burro. Lawrence or Wilson type layer in this draft.   Sorry,  but sometimes you just have to swing for the fence. They just might be the guy..  Again, throw  couple of future pics..  Our first and next years 1'st.  Throw that shit.  They are never going to find a QB in later rounds.

Round one or two .  Can throw later pick but will only be a backup

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I understand looking at things from a value sense.  Or using analictis (ms).   What was the value of  Holmes, Watson. etc.  They don't have a pick to get a Burro. Lawrence or Wilson type layer in this draft.   Sorry,  but sometimes you just have to swing for the fence. They just might be the guy..  Again, throw  couple of future pics..  Our first and next years 1'st.  Throw that shit.  They are never going to find a QB in later rounds.

Round one or two .  Can throw later pick but will only be a backup

The Bears could trade up and draft Justin Fields or Trey Lance and it will only cost next years first and maybe a 2nd this year.  That is not the end of the world for cost either.  Is one of those the next Mahomes or Watson?  I haven't read enough up on them to be honest but if Nagy and Pace have conviction, do it. 

When was the last time we had depth and all of our draft picks?  I believe it was the "trust me" year from Lovie after he let Chico walk.  The greatest weakness on our team was Rex Grossman and we failed to draft a QB to replace him.  I'm not sure we've had a draft in the last 8 years where we didn't have needs or just certain players to get us over the hump.  Now we are on a situation where we lack depth, missing draft picks and in bad cap shape.  Is that environment conducive to grooming a new QB?  I certainly don't think so.  That's why I really want to build the fronts before we make another QB a sacrificial lamb.  Once we do that, then we can do what GB does with QB's.  Until then, it's just good ol Bears comical shit.

10 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

When was the last time we had depth and all of our draft picks?  I believe it was the "trust me" year from Lovie after he let Chico walk.  The greatest weakness on our team was Rex Grossman and we failed to draft a QB to replace him.  I'm not sure we've had a draft in the last 8 years where we didn't have needs or just certain players to get us over the hump.  Now we are on a situation where we lack depth, missing draft picks and in bad cap shape.  Is that environment conducive to grooming a new QB?  I certainly don't think so.  That's why I really want to build the fronts before we make another QB a sacrificial lamb.  Once we do that, then we can do what GB does with QB's.  Until then, it's just good ol Bears comical shit.

Yeah drafting for need rarely works out. 

This year the Bears would be stupid to trade up to get in a position to draft 1 of the top 5 QB’s unless someone drops which is unlikely and we would have to get in front of the Patriots. 
I would prefer to draft a 2nd tier QB and hope we are to get a quality starter or a solid backup. 
I would prefer to trade back as long as we can pick up a quality rookie at LT, CB and WR. In my dream scenario we trade back in the first and pick up another 2nd. 

I just this mock on PFF.com and traded with the Saints to get their 2nd and did some more trading down and here are my picks:

28 Teven Jenkins OT

60 Dyami Brown WR

61 Ifeatu Melifonwu CB

83 Kellen Mond QB

88 Ar’Darius Washington S

161 Tommy Tremble TE

164 Shakur Brown CB

208 Rhamondre Stevenson

221 Jonathan Cooper ED

I also gained a 2022 2nd round pick from the Texans 

1 hour ago, 50england50 said:

I just this mock on PFF.com and traded with the Saints to get their 2nd and did some more trading down and here are my picks:

28 Teven Jenkins OT

60 Dyami Brown WR

61 Ifeatu Melifonwu CB

83 Kellen Mond QB

88 Ar’Darius Washington S

161 Tommy Tremble TE

164 Shakur Brown CB

208 Rhamondre Stevenson

221 Jonathan Cooper ED

I also gained a 2022 2nd round pick from the Texans 

of course that is a video game draft, but if you managed to actually do that, it'd be a damn good draft.

No trading up. Please. Especially for the 4th or 5th QB in the draft. I don't care if Pace and Nagy are convinced he's "the guy." They felt the same way about Trubisky, even though Watson was obviously a better pick and was staring them in the face, and it completely blew up in their face. Not again.

2 hours ago, jason said:

No trading up. Please. Especially for the 4th or 5th QB in the draft. I don't care if Pace and Nagy are convinced he's "the guy." They felt the same way about Trubisky, even though Watson was obviously a better pick and was staring them in the face, and it completely blew up in their face. Not again.

I hear ya, and I dont trust Pace to read the tea leaves on these guys at all. That said, it seems like top 15 QBs are about 50/50 anyway, so the odds Pace blows it are about as good as him hitting a home run. So from that point of view, it might not be as big a disaster as you think to trade up.

Then again, this is hardly a ringing endorsement of Pace is it? :)

Giving away draft capital to move up to take a 2nd tier QB prospect is a bad idea. Other than Lawence, Wilson, Fields and Lance, taking another QB high is not a good value. If Mac Jones falls to 20 that is a different conversation because of the need at QB in the league. I would take him at 20 but not trade picks to move up.