New Bears Coach

adam

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see this posted before, but it looks like Emery wants a new HC by the east-West Shrine Game on January 19th. So there is sort of an internal deadline. If that is the case, how would that affect the coordinators who are currently in the playoffs? I guess the assumption is you will only have 4 playoff teams left at that point and it is highly unlikely it will be GB at ATL AND IND at DEN.

McCoy, Armstrong, Clements, and Arians are currently in the playoffs. Sullivan, DeCamillis, and Carmichael are not.

I suspect the same w/ the limited info we all have...

I listen to the score all day and one guy stated that his contact works for the Bears and Emery has the guy he wants picked out already but is going thru the process to see if anybody knocks his socks off. I suspect it be McCoy since he is talking to him on the weekend as he shifts thru canidates and cant sign him until after the playoffs.

I didn't see this posted before, but it looks like Emery wants a new HC by the east-West Shrine Game on January 19th. So there is sort of an internal deadline. If that is the case, how would that affect the coordinators who are currently in the playoffs? I guess the assumption is you will only have 4 playoff teams left at that point and it is highly unlikely it will be GB at ATL AND IND at DEN.

McCoy, Armstrong, Clements, and Arians are currently in the playoffs. Sullivan, DeCamillis, and Carmichael are not.

I did see this somewhere as well and I believe right after making this statement that he added something to the effect that he would work with a team (if it were in the playoffs) and they had a person on their staff he wanted for the HC job. He also led the reader to believe that he was still keeping all options open if that 19 January date wasn't met. But while reading this I still can't help think that he already has someone in mind and is simply going through the motions.

Obviously the drive for having a coach in place for the East/West shrine game is that Emery wanted to afford the candidate the opportunity to hit the ground running with assesing next year's talent pool. You'd think Emery was some sort of scout before or something.

It would be great to see someone stand out and TAKE the job. It sounds like Sullivan is trying to do just that.

Sullivan did some nice things with the bucs offense this year and got a lot of credit regarding Eli's development from his time in San Fran. He was only an OC for a short time but seems like a very bright mind.

I got my money on Sullivan. Not that I think wonders need to be worked on Cutler but he turned Eli into a superstar and turned Tampa's 21st ranked O into a top 10 O.

Oh and you want a strong presence? How about a former Army Ranger and a blue belt in BJJ.

Ya just one look at his wiki page leads me to believe he could be a good hire.

As Brian said he worked with Cutler before the draft (Along with other top QB prospects, he's well respected in this regard)

He's got a book out called "PERSEVERANCE: Life Lessons on Leadership and Teamwork"

He hes good success as an NFL OC....People wanna throw out the "Chucky made Rich Gannon an MVP" well Trestman was his OC.

Ya just one look at his wiki page leads me to believe he could be a good hire.

As Brian said he worked with Cutler before the draft (Along with other top QB prospects, he's well respected in this regard)

He's got a book out called "PERSEVERANCE: Life Lessons on Leadership and Teamwork"

He hes good success as an NFL OC....People wanna throw out the "Chucky made Rich Gannon an MVP" well Trestman was his OC.

And i think i hears he was SF OC when jerry Rice had his 1848 yd 15 TD season