2-0

Mongo3451

Really really ugly. Hester was great on kick-offs, but struggled mightily on punt returns (bad execution) and two massive special teams blunders (KR for TD and the too many men on the field which gave Minny a 1st down). Bears offense looked explosive in 1st half, however, have to clean up the misstakes (tip pass was unfortunate but from that close and with Michael Bush why not just run it in). Defense still not showing a pass rush, although I assume part of the strategy was to focus on Peterson and that allowed Ponder to have time and in turn to have the opportunity to beat you. As a whole, bears did a pretty solid job on AP.

Line was not as good but I did like how Trestman moved Cutler in the pocket and tried to do some things. A lot to clean up but there were also plenty of things to build on from this game. I expect the offense to continue to grow and Cutler is doing a nice job spreading the ball around. Forte & Bennett had good games and Marshall stepped up (albeit there was one play where it appeared Marshall ran the wrong route...although it could have also been on Cutler). Alshon with a big catch near the end and almost had the game winning TD (if not for a leaping tip by a Viking defender).

Really really ugly. Hester was great on kick-offs, but struggled mightily on punt returns (bad execution) and two massive special teams blunders (KR for TD and the too many men on the field which gave Minny a 1st down). Bears offense looked explosive in 1st half, however, have to clean up the misstakes (tip pass was unfortunate but from that close and with Michael Bush why not just run it in). Defense still not showing a pass rush, although I assume part of the strategy was to focus on Peterson and that allowed Ponder to have time and in turn to have the opportunity to beat you. As a whole, bears did a pretty solid job on AP.

Line was not as good but I did like how Trestman moved Cutler in the pocket and tried to do some things. A lot to clean up but there were also plenty of things to build on from this game. I expect the offense to continue to grow and Cutler is doing a nice job spreading the ball around. Forte & Bennett had good games and Marshall stepped up (albeit there was one play where it appeared Marshall ran the wrong route...although it could have also been on Cutler). Alshon with a big catch near the end and almost had the game winning TD (if not for a leaping tip by a Viking defender).

I agree. Solid game overall. That offense looked really explosive. Really helps when we have a TE to use. A ton of things need cleaned up if we want to contend but I like how things are looking after just 2 games. Especially cutler stepping up when team needed him the most

Finish.

That's all that matters!

Well done Bears!

The luck was bouncing on both directions, and in the end....the best team won!

I agree. Solid game overall. That offense looked really explosive. Really helps when we have a TE to use. A ton of things need cleaned up if we want to contend but I like how things are looking after just 2 games. Especially cutler stepping up when team needed him the most

Despite my own in game commentary, I am happy the beloved are 2-0, beats the alternative.

Bennett is the best TE since Greg Latta (JK), I mean Ditka. Two games in and I can say that, the athleticism and display of hands & body control- Olson pales in comparison.

The swing passes out of the backfield to Forte are killer.

Cutler is a roller coaster ride.

I know the defense is adjusting to the changes, and they have played well but the front four needs to kick it up or the team will pay for it sooner or later.

I am hoping that DJ Williams gets better acclimated, I'd like the defense to adjust quicker to the loss of Urlacher.

I believe someone said it earlier but I don't think last year's Bear offense pulls out these two games; that is not just attributable to the new players.

OK Master of the Obvious is done. I'd sure like to see a 3-0 start.

Cutty will be fine.

He gets some blame...but dammit, he deserves serious credit! People (not you) have been giving him too much crap. He delivered an "accoring to Hoyle" come from behind win that we've all been hoping for since he signed! I was beyond thrilled!!!

The D line sucked again.

Hopefully, game 3 will kick it into gear. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on you. Fool me 3 times, I'm buying a bridge. Peppy looked old and the youngsters looked young. Against the run they did well, but pass rushing, they left a lot to be desired. However, if you sell out on stoppin ghte run, you're bound to give up some passing. Maybe there is method to the madness. I tell you, Ponder had the best game he'll have all year.

It ain't pretty, but it don't have to be!

:dabears

Despite my own in game commentary, I am happy the beloved are 2-0, beats the alternative.

Bennett is the best TE since Greg Latta (JK), I mean Ditka. Two games in and I can say that, the athleticism and display of hands & body control- Olson pales in comparison.

The swing passes out of the backfield to Forte are killer.

Cutler is a roller coaster ride.

I know the defense is adjusting to the changes, and they have played well but the front four needs to kick it up or the team will pay for it sooner or later.

I am hoping that DJ Williams gets better acclimated, I'd like the defense to adjust quicker to the loss of Urlacher.

I believe someone said it earlier but I don't think last year's Bear offense pulls out these two games; that is not just attributable to the new players.

OK Master of the Obvious is done. I'd sure like to see a 3-0 start.

Cutty will be fine.

He gets some blame...but dammit, he deserves serious credit! People (not you) have been giving him too much crap. He delivered an "accoring to Hoyle" come from behind win that we've all been hoping for since he signed! I was beyond thrilled!!!

The D line sucked again.

Hopefully, game 3 will kick it into gear. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on you. Fool me 3 times, I'm buying a bridge. Peppy looked old and the youngsters looked young. Against the run they did well, but pass rushing, they left a lot to be desired. However, if you sell out on stoppin ghte run, you're bound to give up some passing. Maybe there is method to the madness. I tell you, Ponder had the best game he'll have all year.

It ain't pretty, but it don't have to be!

:dabears

I understand about Cutler; I really want to believe in him, I do get pissed when he gets fileted in the Chicago radio media. But deep inside, when he gets chances like the last drive today, I think he is going to fail. As a fan I don't like that, but that's where I am at. I'd like to be converted.

At the end of the day, he has the mechanics, he has the moxie you want. I think through this offseason and through 2 games the impact of Trestman and his crew is noticeable. By season end we will find out if the conversion of Cutler is complete.

I completely understand.

I run the emotional roller-coaster during the game. I remember distinctly telling my buddy I was watching the game with before the last draive something like, "This is what we've been waiting for. Cutty, do it and make it happen!". Not that I had anything to do with it! But, I really think that was a big moment for him.

Only until we haul that trophy back to the Hall, will we really know. But so far so good!

I understand about Cutler; I really want to believe in him, I do get pissed when he gets fileted in the Chicago radio media. But deep inside, when he gets chances like the last drive today, I think he is going to fail. As a fan I don't like that, but that's where I am at. I'd like to be converted.

At the end of the day, he has the mechanics, he has the moxie you want. I think through this offseason and through 2 games the impact of Trestman and his crew is noticeable. By season end we will find out if the conversion of Cutler is complete.

Only 10 teams in the league are 2-0 at this point. I'll certainly take it.

I want to see how they play on the road now. Pittsburgh is a pretty difficult place to play in, so it will be a nice test early in the season for this offense.

I think the offense is slowly but surely getting better. 323 yards of total offense last week vs the Bengals, 419 against the Vikings this week. Cutler is looking more and more comfortable in the pocket, but he still makes me nervous during the course of the game with his erratic decision making. I need to see the consistency first before I can feel good about their playoff chances. They'll only go as far as he takes them.

I'm still concerned about the safeties and defensive line. Not sure what's going on with Peppers or Melton, but they better get it in gear before the defense starts to become a liability. Also, does anybody else feel like our tackling has all of a sudden gotten noticeably worse? I don't know if that's a Lovie/Rod Mareneli thing, but It feels like we aren't wrapping up as much as I'm used to seeing from a Bears defense.

As I told my son after the game: This isn't your father's Chicago Bears. We used to play ugly on offense and win games 17-13. Plus to get to 17 pts we would have needed a INT pick 6, the other would have come from Hester.

Today we played as ugly as possible and won 31-30. We still had the pick 6 in there but the rest was the offense doing something. However bad it was, that is new. Now if we can just clean up a few things.

As I told my son after the game: This isn't your father's Chicago Bears. We used to play ugly on offense and win games 17-13. Plus to get to 17 pts we would have needed a INT pick 6, the other would have come from Hester.

Today we played as ugly as possible and won 31-30. We still had the pick 6 in there but the rest was the offense doing something. However bad it was, that is new. Now if we can just clean up a few things.

Keep in mind the two interceptions were in the endzone which took off possibly 14 points. Those are things we can fix, the offense looks like its progressing nicely. We cut back on the TOs and we have potenial lopsided victories.

Interception in the end zone had me cursing yesterday. Looked again in slow motion and Maneri was wide open and Cutler was unlucky that it was tipped however Maneri was still open and should have caught the tipped ball. If he would have tried jumping and catching it at its highest point it would have been a TD.

Marshall blamed himself for the other one saying he should have come back for the jump ball considering the position of the safety.

I see adequate to good play from Paea, Wooten, Collins and McCellin. Hope the missing time in training camp is the reason for non existence of Melton and Peppers because their play has been dreadful.

Great start to the season looking forward to going to Green Bay for our first meeting in a few weeks and smashing the cheese heads.

Keep in mind the two interceptions were in the endzone which took off possibly 14 points. Those are things we can fix, the offense looks like its progressing nicely. We cut back on the TOs and we have potenial lopsided victories.

Yeah, I seem to recall thinking the Bears should've been ahead 24-0 at some point in the first half and it was tied at 21, I think. Crazy game. Frankly, to echo what some have already said here, on a macro level there's positives and negatives to this win. Under Lovie Smith I doubt the team makes this many boneheaded errors (particularly on ST) and thus, they aren't losing at any point in this game, most likely. On the other hand, if they did fall behind, most likely, they aren't coming back to win.

I thought tackling improved in this game, the pass rush was poor. Plenty to be excited about on O except the mistakes which were plentiful. I can forgive Jay the fumble on that sloppy field but even that he needs to do better. Forte's fumble wasn't preventable, IMO. He was in an awkward position and the Viking made a play. The pick in the end zone needs to be avoided. I don't care if the man was open, you don't go late there over a crowded middle. With that said, RUN THE DAMN BALL in that situation. Sheesh! The deep pass to Marshall, I agree with someone else in the thread, I believe Marshall should've made a play for it and at least broken it up. That one isn't on Jay. He's supposed to make that throw, trusting Marshall.

Overall, you can't be disappointed with two W's over playoff teams. Yesterday should've been a lot easier but it was still a W.

PS. How about Hester!!!

Yeah, I seem to recall thinking the Bears should've been ahead 24-0 at some point in the first half and it was tied at 21, I think. Crazy game. Frankly, to echo what some have already said here, on a macro level there's positives and negatives to this win. Under Lovie Smith I doubt the team makes this many boneheaded errors (particularly on ST) and thus, they aren't losing at any point in this game, most likely. On the other hand, if they did fall behind, most likely, they aren't coming back to win.

I thought tackling improved in this game, the pass rush was poor. Plenty to be excited about on O except the mistakes which were plentiful. I can forgive Jay the fumble on that sloppy field but even that he needs to do better. Forte's fumble wasn't preventable, IMO. He was in an awkward position and the Viking made a play. The pick in the end zone needs to be avoided. I don't care if the man was open, you don't go late there over a crowded middle. With that said, RUN THE DAMN BALL in that situation. Sheesh! The deep pass to Marshall, I agree with someone else in the thread, I believe Marshall should've made a play for it and at least broken it up. That one isn't on Jay. He's supposed to make that throw, trusting Marshall.

Overall, you can't be disappointed with two W's over playoff teams. Yesterday should've been a lot easier but it was still a W.

PS. How about Hester!!!

I agree. That end zone pick cutler never should have been put in that situation to begin with. I was so pissed on that play call. We signed bush toa ddecent contract for that specific situation. Give him the ball especially with that samebig 3 TE 1 FB situation

I agree. That end zone pick cutler never should have been put in that situation to begin with. I was so pissed on that play call. We signed bush toa ddecent contract for that specific situation. Give him the ball especially with that samebig 3 TE 1 FB situation

Hell BTwig, even the announcers made the comment that the run was working well for the Bears all the way down the field. I have no problem with a pass in that situation, just give the run a try or two first. Run behind that animal LONG all day! If he can't get you a ferkin' yard, nobody can!

Hell BTwig, even the announcers made the comment that the run was working well for the Bears all the way down the field. I have no problem with a pass in that situation, just give the run a try or two first. Run behind that animal LONG all day! If he can't get you a ferkin' yard, nobody can!

Let's hope that was lesson learned for the future.

Let's hope that was lesson learned for the future.

I think Ditka used to tell a story about his first year. He went for it 4 times from the goal line and tried to run all four times. They got shut down. On Monday when he came into the office he had a sheet of QB Sneaks in his inbox from Papa Bear. I think he said it was the only time George interfered or meddled in his coaching.

Maybe Virginia needs to send down a few goal line off tackle runs to Trestman. :)

Exactly at least try the run on 1st then maybe a 2nd down the playaction

Cutler's QB Rating thru 2 games - 95.4, 10th in the League, ahead of the likes of Romo, Schaub, RG3, Brees, Kaepernick, Flacco, E. Manning, Big Ben, and Brady.

Cutler's QBR - 71.8, 6th in the league, only behind P. Manning, Rivers, Luck, Ryan, and Rodgers. Some pretty good company.

Cutler's QB Rating thru 2 games - 95.4, 10th in the League, ahead of the likes of Romo, Schaub, RG3, Brees, Kaepernick, Flacco, E. Manning, Big Ben, and Brady.

Cutler's QBR - 71.8, 6th in the league, only behind P. Manning, Rivers, Luck, Ryan, and Rodgers. Some pretty good company.

Great to see. Most of ushave said since camp began that he looks really good and of course that could be the kool aid talking but 1 of my friends texted me during the cincy game. This friend is a die hard cheese head and he is a cutler hater. He texted me and said he looks like a completely brand new man out there. To me that was saying an awful lot considering the source. A man who's never spoken 1 nice thing about him. To say the least I was stunned

I think Ditka used to tell a story about his first year. He went for it 4 times from the goal line and tried to run all four times. They got shut down. On Monday when he came into the office he had a sheet of QB Sneaks in his inbox from Papa Bear. I think he said it was the only time George interfered or meddled in his coaching.

Maybe Virginia needs to send down a few goal line off tackle runs to Trestman. :)

Ditka can pass along the draw he used to run with Pinky Gentry on 3 and 10 or longer!!!!!

At the end of the day, he has the mechanics, he has the moxie you want. I think through this offseason and through 2 games the impact of Trestman and his crew is noticeable. By season end we will find out lif the conversion of Cutler is complete.

I certainly understand where you are coming from but the thing that annoys me the most is that a lot fans like to pile on Jay excessively. Look, the Mannings throw picks like all nfl qbs who attempt more than 30 attempts a game. In today's passing league we are going to have to live with some of these turnovers. I am seeing progress this year and hope jay earns a new contract with the bears. I know Cutty is far from perfect but who else would you want that is available? I take cutty over most qbs not named brees, brady, aaron or peyton. I believe that jay is on track with the new regime to win a superbowl in the not so distant future. I am really excited with what emery, trestman and company are putting together.