Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. On the draft trade chart the 7th is worth 1700. The 13th is worth 1150 and the 31st is worth 600 totalling 1750 deal would be slightly in our favour so we would gain the equilivant having the 26th pick in the 4th round. Or do you stay with the 7th because this player may be elite.

    • 23 replies
    • 4.7k views
  2. Started by jason,

    The way I see it there are 12 realistic DL combinations right now: 1 Allen Ratliff Sutton 2 Allen Ratliff McDonald 3 Allen Ratliff Young 4 Sutton Ratliff McDonald 5 Sutton Ratliff Young 6 Young Ratliff McDonald 7 Allen Ego Sutton 8 Allen Ego McDonald 9 Allen Ego Young 10 Sutton Ego McDonald 11 Sutton Ego Young 12 Young Ego McDonald If Allen happens to stand up as an OLB, then that narrows things down on the DL, but it severely muddies the waters at OLB. However, here are the potential LB combos: 1 Allen Bostic Greene McPhee 2 Allen Bostic Jones McPhee 3 Allen Bostic Foster McPhee 4 Allen Greene Jones McPhee 5 Allen Green…

    • 23 replies
    • 4.5k views
  3. Started by madlithuanian,

    My guess, Landon Collins.

    • 23 replies
    • 5.4k views
  4. Started by jason,

    Impossible to know the results, but on face value this is the best draft in quite some time. Fill needs? Check (for the most part...only six picks) Draft BPA related to needs? Check No big reaches? Check No stupid small school picks? Check No injury history guys? Check I don't know how any Bear fan can be truly disappointed with this draft. Even if someone would have preferred different players, it turned out very well. Even Langford, the lone head scratcher, possesses home-run spped at tailback, something the Bears haven't had for quite some time. Between him and White, this team may have an explosive aspect to it in the near future. Bravo…

    • 23 replies
    • 5.5k views
  5. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    Yikes

    • 23 replies
    • 4.5k views
  6. Started by adam,

    https://twitter.com/newsdamian/status/602863636873248768

    • 23 replies
    • 4.8k views
  7. Started by ASHKUM BEAR,

    Looks like the Bears may have seen enough of Leno/Mills as Kyle Long was at RT today in practice with Ducasse playing RG. I think Long will see some reps at the final preseason game to break in. http://www.chicagofootball.com/2015/08/31/...tackle/a9uo5tl/

    • 23 replies
    • 5.6k views
  8. Started by Chitownhustla,

    Im sorry to get negative but George screwed up. If Jim Harbaugh was available he was the only HC candidate in this years hiring cycle that was a NO brainer. George could have hired Jim and even if it failed no one could question why he hired Jim. If Eberflaus fails and Jim wins in MN George is going to look like the dumb ass we already know he is. Does George get a 4th chance at fixing the Bears????? After the presser , I really Like Poles. Eberflaus didnt wow me but he didnt piss me off. If they win this post will never get brought back up.

    • 23 replies
    • 2.3k views
  9. Started by lemonej,

    As a Bear fan for many decades, it's hard to recognize the current process going on! A GM trying to build a team carefully. With all the free movement going on Brian Poles has been controlled with everything he does. I OTOH am so used to the quick fix approach now that I forgot about how Jim Finks built the first playoff team since 63. That took about 3 years and he had the same focus of building through the trenches, like the current GM. So I have to remind myself to wait for the process.

    • 23 replies
    • 2.2k views
  10. Started by BearFan2000,

    It's finally here, Draft starts tonight. A little less exciting today as we don't have a first rounder. This will our first look at how Ryan Poles runs a draft room. It's his first ever draft as GM. I'm both excited and nervous on how this will go. We have definite needs and only 6 picks. I won't focus on specific position or players but more or less what I'd like to see us do in general. Trade wise, if we do make trades I hope that we do so in a way that maximizes value. I don't want to see us sacrifice limited 2022 capitol, or borrow heavily from 2023, to not get back good value. I want us to be smart and strategic about our draft day trades if we make any. I…

    • 23 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. Started by adam,

    * CAUTION - LONG * So the latest trend with Fields after the draft is that he has the worst supporting cast in the NFL. I get that the Bears didn't draft a WR in the 2nd but would drafting Pickens, Pierce, or Moore in the 2nd instead of Jones in the 3rd really change anything? I highly doubt it. Going into this season, the Bears already have 4x players who had over 50 targets from last season (Mooney, Kmet, Pringle, and Montgomery). Why does that matter? Well I am glad you asked. I looked back at two recent 2nd-year QBs that made significant leaps in the 2nd seasons, Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. I am not saying Fields is going to win MVP like Jackson did, but c…

    • 23 replies
    • 2k views
  12. Started by adam,

    2-15 is a real possibility. Underdogs in every remaining game. Then what? Would that change your outlook on Poles, Flus, Getsy, Fields? For me it would. I know they are not all equal, but man, 2 wins and what could be 14 straight losses to end the season? I doubt that happens, they will probably luck into a win or two and go 3-14 or 4-13, but 5 wins is really a success now, which is disappointing given the start. The craziest part is this team is literally 3-4 plays away from 5-1. Then if you go the other way, they could also easily be 0-6. So I have mixed feelings. I just have a feeling (after 6 games) that Poles is not it. Velus pick was bad and l…

  13. Started by adam,

    So the Bears had 3 huge trades this year, Mack, Quinn, then Smith. Besides creating a ton of cap space (which is hard to quantify), here is how the other teams are doing so far compared to what the Bears got/have: LAC - Mack, Wild Card loss, $27.5M AAV for 2 more years. BAL - Smith, Wild Card loss, $20M AAV for 5 more years. PHI - Quinn - 9 tackles, 1 sack, 1 game played since November 1st, 2023 UFA for Brisker, 2023 - 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th Due to comp picks, the Bears would not have gotten anything if they just let Quinn walk this offseason as they are projected to sign too many to get a comp pick, so getting anything for him was a great deal …

  14. Started by adam,

    So looking thru team stats, I noticed a few things. First, the Bears team is not as bad as I thought. I figured that they were bottom 5 on offense and the defense was bottom 2. So for offensive yardage, the Bears are 24th overall, Passing yards - 20th, Rushing yards - 22nd. Defense is 29th overall, Passing yards - 27th, Rushing yards - 16th. So on offense, I didn't expect the passing yards to be that good, but expected rushing to be much better. On defense, I thought passing was going to be worse and was shocked the rushing defense was that good. There are many ways to take this, but when I looked at the rest of the league, it made s…

    • 23 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. Started by adam,

    So I was looking back as far as the 2017 draft to see where QBs were slotted on the Draft Big Boards prior to the drafts. This one site takes a collection of most major big boards on the internet and collates them into a consensus board. I really like this as it takes out some biases and other factors. Some big boards are BPA, others are sort of slotted like their projected draft positions. It makes me sick that the Bears drafted Trubisky, AND traded up for him no less. On the Consensus Big Board for 2017, Trubisky was ranked 13th, Watson was 15th, and Mahomes was 22nd (which is crazy looking back). Myles Garrett was #1. Looking back at the most accurate draft projec…

    • 23 replies
    • 1.6k views
  16. A trade for an early 5th rounder. They got their guy who some expected to go at #122, at #144 so depending on the trade value, it seems like a great pick. It cost next year's 4th. So assuming they are a fringe playoff team, that pick is in the 120s for 144.

    • 23 replies
    • 4.9k views
  17. Started by Lucky Luciano,

    in over the last 60 freaking YEARS name me ANY head coach, GM or executive that has EVER left chicago to become successful with another franchise at the job they were doing here.... JUST ONE!!! i'm sick of it. sick of the poor management and poor decisions this franchise makes year after year after decade after decade. do we yet again keep walking through knee deep mud? what a shit show.

    • 23 replies
    • 1.7k views
  18. Started by BearFan PHX,

    OK! So instead of rehashing what an awful situation we are in, and how much I want Vrabel lol I thought I'd start a thread about good football. Good coaching, smart plays. So here's an awesome fake punt, and the backstory on how they got there is even better. THAT is coaching!

    • 23 replies
    • 1.7k views
  19. Started by adam,

    So far it feels a little watered down compared to recent years. 3 games decided by 2 TDs or more. WAS seems to be blessed with the best luck. Down by 4, TB fumbles on their own 13 yard line, 4 plays later, WAS scores a TD and never trails again. They won by 3, so that play was the deciding factor and at least a 7 pt swing if not more. The best part of this weekend was seeing the GB frauds get sent packing where Love throws for 3 INTs and 0 TDs. Their only TD drive was when Jacobs accounted for 55 of the 78 yards. Herbert was just as bad if not worse than Love against HOU. He threw 4 picks and was sacked 4 times. So Herbert + Love threw more INTs …

    • 23 replies
    • 1.8k views
  20. Started by adam,

    MJD was a very solid NFL RB, I have no clue why he is in NFL media on the official website posting a mock like this: https://www.nfl.com/news/maurice-jones-drew-2025-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-jets-land-travis-hunter-bears-broncos-raiders-pick-rbs I couldn't even get out of the top 10. He has Hunter going 7th AFTER McMillan, then with Graham and Warren on the board (among others), he has the Bears taking Henderson at 10 as RB2. Seriously, this has to be for clicks, otherwise, this is embarrassing.

    • 23 replies
    • 2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.