Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

  • There are no registered users currently online

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    Per Twitter: JasonLaCanfora CB Kelvin Hayden agreed to terms with Bears on a 1yr deal 12 minutes ago. I like it. Should be good to have another body in CB, if for nothing else competition.

    • 23 replies
    • 3k views
  2. Started by dawhizz,

    Of course, there's never any telling with JA and company, but as I see it, the Bears are most likely to go DT, CB, or OL. Guys who could be had here: Al Woods, DT, LSU Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland Mitch Petrus, OG, Arkansas Jason Fox, OT, Miami Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, Indiana (PA) Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State Syd'Quan Thompson, CB, Cal Domonique Franks, CB, Oklahoma The Tribune is saying the Bears are looking most closely at CB and DL with the next pick. I'm guessing they are targeting Owusu-Ansah, and he'd be the pick if available, but we'll see in 11 hours or so...

    • 16 replies
    • 3k views
  3. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl-wp8420 Guy is a total idiot...

  4. Started by madlithuanian,

    1. Our D is the most putrid piece of crap I've ever seen wear the storied uniforms. In fact crap is more useful, at least it's fertilizer. I don't care about injuries. These clowns have no pride. It is painful to watch. There is absolutely nothing positive you can say about what we saw yesterday. We'd let Kathy Bates run for a buck fifty if she lined up against us... 2. Trestman needs to wisen up. As great as he's been, continuing to go on 4th when it's painfully obvious to kick is becoming mind boggling. And to top it off, he doesn't even put the ball in the hands of playmakers. Again, he runs up the middle... 3. ...with MICHAEL FREAKING BUSH!!!! …

  5. Started by dawhizz,

    I had always kind of figured on the Bears drafting a WR early (round 1 or 2) and then another WR late (round 5-7), but the way the draft is shaping up, I wonder if it might be wise to go WR with both 3rd round picks. Let's say an OT is the pick in the first (Britton would be the most likely candidate here). If you want a FS to compete right away for a starting spot (and, personally, I do) I think the second round is the place to get one, whether you want one of the projects (Sean Smith or Jairus Byrd) or one of the true FSs (Louis Delmas, Rashad Johnson, Darcel McBath, William Moore). That still leaves a glaring hole at WR, but the Bears seem to be doing a lot of sc…

  6. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    Found this reading another thread from another site: http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6179140 Me thinks Angelo and crew are up to something.... Gotta admire Peppers being a team player.

    • 11 replies
    • 3k views
  7. So much drama for this game. Will Trubisky start? Why is Trevathan not on IR and taking a 53-man roster spot? Is Ryan Pace an idiot? Will Pineiro miss another FG and blame the hash? How many penalties will Leno have? How many yards off will Kyle Fuller play? How many times will Montgomery be hit in the backfield? How many Cohen runs up the gut are we in store for? How many dropped passes will Bears receivers have? How many helmets will be removed on the field after a special teams tackle? Will Mack register anything on the stat sheet? How many times will Floyd disengage from the blocker? To hurt the Raiders draft position, the Bears will win this 19-16 in an extremel…

  8. Started by AZ54,

    This is interesting. I would say Cro's price has come down enough that Pace will talk to him plus we haven't seen much from our young CBs (at least I haven't). With Fuller on the shelf for a few weeks it might be worthwhile to bring in a proven vet who can step in right away and play better than any of the backups behind Callahan. Perhaps more importantly is that it would keep Callahan inside where we have even less depth. The question then becomes one of filling out the special teams roster but I think we've seen enough goodness on special teams from a lot of depth players that they can figure out how to get around that if they choose to. http://www.windyc…

    • 12 replies
    • 3k views
  9. Started by lemonej,

    After farting around with 3 different attempts I'm settling in on this version: 11. Reggie Ragland ILB Ala I feel that this is a historic franchise for LBs and I believe that this prospect fits that mode. 41. William Jackson CB Houston He measured bigger and ran faster at the Combine and reportedly the Bears have interest. Don't be shocked if the Bears trade up, back into the first round to snag a player they like. 72. Braxton Miller WR Ohio St. I have always liked guys who are willing to change a position for the good of the team and perform decent in the new position. I'm convinced that Eddie Royal was a bad signing and after him we have UDFA buffet. Add this …

    • 16 replies
    • 3k views
  10. Started by AZ54,

    It seems rumors are now building that we're likely taking a DB at #3. That's an exceedingly easy rumor to throw out there given the talented options in Adams, Hooker, and Lattimore match very well with the Bears needs. Many draftniks in the media have had us taking Lattimore for the last couple weeks. I'd say Adams is 2nd most frequent selection but that's still close to number of folks who still have us drafting Jonathan Allen. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2703486...-draft-and-more Based on what I recall here's the history of the most popular players for our pick in order of most popular... January: Jabril Peppers/Allen February: Allen, Tr…

    • 21 replies
    • 3k views
  11. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    Will probably be available soon. Was thinking this earlier this week and heard someone mention it on NFL AM; what if Chicago were to look at him as a slot receiver?

  12. Started by Wesson44,

    The two NFC North clashes between the Bears and Vikings Nov. 29 in Minnesota and Dec. 28 on Monday Night Football in Chicago are suddenly a whole lot more intriguing. “Anytime you play against him, the ticket requests go up,” Ogunleye said. “All of your friends want to come and watch the game. He’s just that kind of guy. When I have my own kids, I’m going to say that I played against Brett Favre.” Favre owns NFL career records with 5,720 completions, 9,280 attempts, 65,127 yards and 310 interceptions. The 39-year-old also owns the league mark for most consecutive games started by a quarterback with 269. Favre dominated the Bears for a decade before Lovie Sm…

    • 14 replies
    • 3k views
  13. Started by CrackerDog,

    I love the Bears. Been a fan for most of my 50 years on this planet. Seen it all, basically. Went through worse periods than this for sure. Times when we only had one player worth watching. And I will say I've never seen an offense on the Bears like this one. Capable of great things. But I'm also incredibly disappointed. I never thought this team was a sure thing. I never thought they were destined for the Superbowl. But to have a team that consistently disappoints, losing to teams they should beat, getting blown out in games they should be competitive in; blowing big leads... it gets to you. The one thing you could count on with Lovie, Ditka and maybe…

  14. Started by jason,

    The draft goes: 1. Winston 2. Williams 3. Fowler 4. White 5. Beasley 6. Ray Mariota is there at 7 and Chip Kelly comes calling. He offers his 1st (20), his 2nd (52), and something next year to move up. Pace happily accepts. 1.20- Landon Collins, S, Alabama 2.39- Eddie Goldman, NT, FSU 2.52- Bernardrick McKinney, ILB, MSU 3-Hronis Grassu, C, Oregon 4-Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon St. 5-Shaquille Mason, OG, GT 6-Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke 7-Deshazor Everett, CB, TX A&M

    • 12 replies
    • 3k views
  15. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    Early reports are it is a fractured clavical. I would presume Bears are going to give Earl Bennett a call.

    • 12 replies
    • 3k views
  16. Started by AZ54,

    We've only had a minicamp but this is a good sign that Hester has learned where to lineup and what route to run on plays. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ChalkTalkStory.asp?story_id=4768 I totally agree with you that Devin Hester will surprise everyone at wide receiver this year. What’s your guess on how many catches and yards he’ll have? Do you think 70 catches and 850 yards is out of the question? Eric H. Monroe, Michigan I’m going to predict that Devin Hester catches 53 passes for 848 yards. I think 70 is a little high just because the Bears will try to establish a running game and also spread the ball around in the passing game t…

  17. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    Tillman, Alex Brown, Hester, Vasher, etc, AKA a non-first round steal for us. I'm going to say Harrison. He's an absolute monster when he's not an off the field nuisance. He is a big man and with Tommie drawing double teams, he could have a 3-5 sack year. Not to mention, when we took him, he was the best defensive player on the board. If not for his off the field problems, he would have been a mid-2nd round pick.

    • 13 replies
    • 3k views
  18. Started by jason,

    So, everyone is so down on the Bears' WRs. I happen to think the bunch isn't actually that bad, but they simply don't get much chance since the line has done so poorly, the running game blew this year, and the QB play has been as inconsistent as Bea Arthur's bladder. Nonetheless, there are two guys who are available for big money, but are pretty much sure to produce. 1. Randy Moss - I'm sure the Pats want to keep him, but what would it take to go after him? 2. Chad Johnson - He's clearly not happy in Cincy. Do you want them? If you don't, and it's for a reason other than financial, then I just don't buy it. You can't have everything. You either get grea…

  19. Started by defiantgiant,

    So it's cutdown time. Who do we bring in for a look? Here are some guys I'm thinking about: Maurice Evans/Robert Henderson, DEs, Giants (Evans - 6'2" 264 lbs.; Henderson - 6'3" 278 lbs.) - The Giants cut Evans and Henderson...they've got a surplus of DEs already, and it's not like it'd be easy to beat Justin Tuck, Osi, or any of those other guys for a roster spot. Evans has a bunch of question marks - poor 40 at the combine, got arrested once for pot possession - but his 2007 season makes me think he should get a shot. He racked up 12.5 sacks and 21.5 tackles for a loss. Henderson has the measurables, and in his 33 college starts at RE, he had 29.5 TFL and 13…

  20. Started by Wesson44,

    Cutting Gould was a surprise to me.....but who do you replace him with? Looking at the roster who is going to handle the kick return duty?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.