Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by ASHKUM BEAR,

    Does anyone have an idea what our cap space is like now? With Rex, Des, A.Brown signed and Orton, Berrian(hopefully) soon to follow we can't have an awful lot left for a big FA signing like Faneca/Bell/Scott(OG's). The rookie pool will also cost about 5 million. LT or NFO please help

    • 9 replies
    • 2.7k views
  2. Started by Connorbear,

    If anyone deserves some luck from an injury perspective, he's the guy. He is my favorite player and I really hope he makes it through the year. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-08...,6134247.column Peace

    • 6 replies
    • 2.7k views
  3. What do you think of this fella? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCbBmcxmFHY Potentially a 3rd, 4th round guy?

    • 14 replies
    • 2.7k views
  4. Started by nfoligno,

    They just aired Lovie's press conference, or at least part of it, on the Score. First thing to note was the tone. Lovie sounded very defensive. That isn't just my opinion, but the opinion of the guys on the Score as well. Anyway, some comments. One. First Q out of the box was questioning the scheme. Lovie was very quick to say the scheme is fine, and went on to say players must execute. So Lovie essentially stood up for his scheme and his coach, while throwing the players (as a whole) under the bus. Two. Q about players questioning the scheme and playcalling. Lovie "head in the clouds" Smith said no player is questioning the scheme, and quickly we…

  5. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    Hey Guys/Gals For a while I've been working on creating a Chicago Sports blog, which is related to this site and than a few other message boards (the Sox site I run as well) and I was going to see if anyone here is interested in writing bloggish pieces on Chicago sports teams. I know in the past Bearstalk used to have a front page and this blog will at least kind of be able to act in a similar sense (as there will be a section dedicated to stories/write-ups on the Bears). The plan is to launch on draft weekend (I know I'm going to be trying to do some write-ups on the Bears draft picks). I know a couple people on here had contributed to Bearstalk's fro…

  6. Started by Pixote,

    Broke my back (T11&12) on May 11. Just released from rehab center to continue recovery at home. In too much pain to sit in this damn brace long enough to catch up on what I have missed in regards to recent developments of our Bears. Can you give me an update on what I've missed out on? Additions? Edge rusher? etc... I need to get back in bed. Will check bacm tomorrow. Thanks.

    • 30 replies
    • 2.7k views
  7. Started by adam,

    In the last 3 seasons, the Bears have signed or traded for at least 37 players, I am sure I missed a few. Of all the trades and free agent signings, I have 5 players that have exceeded expectations based on contract or trade value. Who did I miss? I know you can't hit on all of them, but it feels like there are way too many at the bottom. Super long post, but let me know if you think this looks accurate? This group exceeded expectations: 1. Moore - has been as close of WR1 as they have had since Alshon and Marshall 2. Edwards - great LB signing 3. Billings - underrated DT 4. Byard - huge upgrade from Jackson 5. Taylor - for a 6th round pick? …

    • 29 replies
    • 2.7k views
  8. Started by 'TD',

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080917/sp_nm/nfl_vikings_dc_1 Frerotte replaces Jackson as Vikings quarterback 1 hour, 24 minutes ago NEW YORK (Reuters) - The winless Minnesota Vikings will replace quarterback Tarvaris Jackson with veteran Gus Frerotte in the hope of jump-starting a stagnant passing game, coach Brad Childress said Wednesday. ADVERTISEMENT Minnesota opened the season as leading contenders to win the NFC North but have stumbled with losses to Green Bay and Indianapolis. "I feel like we have an opportunity here that I don't want to let pass by," Childress told reporters. "Obviously we have a chance to have a successful season and…

  9. Started by dawhizz,

    The more I look at this draft, and working under the assumption at the moment that the Bears don't move Olsen for a 2nd, I feel like the best value pick when the Bears pick might very well be at CB. Guard is a need, but they tend to fall anyway, so unless you fall in love with someone like Jon Asomoah (and he's available there), you might be able to wait a round or two and get Mike Johnson or Brandon Carter or someone like that. The best pure free safeties (Morgan Burnett, Nate Allen) will probably be gone, so I'd rather not reach for Major Wright when you can probably wait and get Robert Johnson or Kendrick Lewis or Darrell Stuckey. But the CB crop is loaded this ye…

    • 13 replies
    • 2.7k views
  10. Started by adam,

    With the No. 147 pick, the #Bears draft OL Jordan Morgan from D-II Kutztown. They coached him at the Senior Bowl. Draft trend, mainly small schools and sleeper picks. We will see how it works out.. It really feels like Pace tried to outsmart everyone else with some questionable trades and sleeper picks. We will see how these all turn out. Not what I expected.

    • 21 replies
    • 2.7k views
  11. Started by Stinger226,

    We have a defensive lineman changing positions to TE, already on our roster. Greg Scruggs I would suspect at 6-3 310 lbs, he will become our blocking TE and probably will lose a few pounds.

    • 7 replies
    • 2.7k views
  12. Started by madlithuanian,

    FULL DISCLOSURE - I wrote this early this morning while still very angry and as a very over-reactionary vision...but I might not be wrong. ******************************************************************************** ********************************** If I were McCaskey, I'd do the following, in no particular order: 1. Have Fox fire Loggains today. Either find a guy on the street like Greg Roman, or promote from within. 2. Put Pace on notice. You have one more year. You better draft an immediate impact player or franchise QB in round 1. 3. Fire Fox at the end of the season and hire Dave Toub. Toub is innovative. He has roots. And our ST hav…

    • 19 replies
    • 2.7k views
  13. Started by Grouchy Bear,

    Unfortunately on offense we are starting from scratch. One could say we are rebuilding on offense with alot more question marks now then last season. I love our picks and the deleting the garbage from least year. But whos at left guard, is still wide open ( metcalf......please! ) Reed and Tyler are in the mix hopefully one of them will out outright take the job by good play and not by who least sux. RB seems there might be a light at this tunnel but again lets make that light brighter by bringing in kevin Jones who has something to prove. While I like Peterson and Wolfe I still want somebody who can take it to the house on all 3 downs. This keeps defenses hon…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.7k views
  14. Started by nfoligno,

    If Briggs is out for this game, and we play Cato June at WLB rather than Williams, I will be ticked. It isn't that I think June couldn't contribute. Heck, he may be better than Williams. But we are out of the playoff hunt, and we need to be looking at our young players wherever we can. Briggs injury gives us an opportunity to see what Williams can do. At this point, getting playing time for the younger players, and seeing if they have a future w/ the team, is a hell of a lot more important than any contribution a player like June, who is a stop gap fill in, could provide. If Williams can't handle the duties at WLB, then we need to know. I have no expect…

  15. Started by Grouchy Bear,

    First, I don't know what to make of what was said at the press conferences with Angelo and Lovie after our last game. Also later thru newspaper and radio interviews. Plus toss in with Turner chiming in with his views. Does it sound like their all on the same page? I must admit Lovie has some big cajunas to come out and say he will be more of HC/DC, Babich DC/LB , hiring Marinelli DL/assistant HC and Hoke DB. If this does not workout next season ( which I pray it does work ) even with or without some help from FA's or within the Bears Org. lovie is putting his head on the block. I would consider the minimum would be a top 10 Defense a success. On offense,…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.7k views
  16. Started by madlithuanian,

    I don't htink it'll happen, espeically w/ LA w/o a team. But maybe the talk applies some heat to this franchise to get something going here! CHICAGO MAYOR WANTS ANOTHER TEAM Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2009, 10:35 a.m. They’ve got two baseball teams, so why not two football teams? Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley reiterated on Monday his belief that the city should have not one but two NFL franchises. “We should have a second NFL team in Chicago,” Daley said on Comcast SportsNet, via the Chicago Tribune. “If San Francisco has two, New York has two, Florida has three teams . . . and when you take Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia, they hav…

  17. Started by adam,

    I know this has been discussed before, but may be news to some: http://www.sbnation.com/2014/12/30/7467853...li-bruce-arians Basically Marinelli was in charge of interviewing new HCs, Arians was first choice, Bevell 2nd, and Trestman a distant 3rd. Emery went against Rod's recommendation and the rest is history.

    • 15 replies
    • 2.7k views
  18. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    TD passes- Orton (17) TD runs- Forte (11) TD receptions- Olsen (5) Rush yards- Forte (1015) Receiving yards- Hester (670) Pass yards- Orton (2670) Tackles- Briggs (155) Interceptions- Vasher (8) Forced Fumbles- Tillman (9) Sacks- Anderson (11) Your turn.

    • 8 replies
    • 2.7k views
  19. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    Texans evidently interested. @JaysonBraddock: There's been speculation that Martellus Bennett could be had. Local kid & skillset fits perfectly for what Texans need & only 1 healthy TE.

  20. Started by dawhizz,

    So there’s your safety help. The guy seems curious to me - always thought he was more of a FS, so I’m not sure he paints great with EJ, and he’s coming off an injury. I wouldn’t presume he gets handed the starting job over Bush.

    • 25 replies
    • 2.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.